Default server settings

Hi there All

Im not sure if this is starting to bug other people but its sure getting on my nevers :wall:

The default setting for servers seems to be set on "start when all people are ready" and i dont know about you guys but 80-90% of the servers i try joining has some butt head who never clicks ready and i find my self spending more time trying to find a game than playing one. Could GRIN in some update in the future change the default to "start when server is ready" at least then this option would have to be changed back manually for it to be used.

What you guys think or am i the only one ??? :whistle:

Hi there All

Im not sure if this is starting to bug other people but its sure getting on my nevers :wall:

The default setting for servers seems to be set on "start when all people are ready" and i dont know about you guys but 80-90% of the servers i try joining has some butt head who never clicks ready and i find my self spending more time trying to find a game than playing one. Could GRIN in some update in the future change the default to "start when server is ready" at least then this option would have to be changed back manually for it to be used.

What you guys think or am i the only one ??? :whistle:

/login xxxxx

login to server and

/set_start_condition 4

mpcoop and multi player values do slightly diffrent things

< start_condition value="4"/> (when one from each team is ready)

COOP

On [GR] coop start conditions:

1) All slots full

2) All players ready

3) When Server is ready - (/start from console to start)

MULTI PLAYER

In adversarial:

1) All slots full

2) All players ready

3) When server is ready (/start from console)

4) When 1 per team is ready

/save_settings

/reload

have you gotten that to work - I tried earlier and the server just sat there. Just curious.Maybe I didn't wait long enough or perhaps the server is using another setting for the timer. Not sure.

Yes basically like you said, but then /save_settings and /reload to implement them

value 4) When 1 per team is ready.

catch us on Teamspeak BDA 208.101.8.46

I'm actually working on something like that. With recommended changes that are easily made from the console. And a step by step console management doc.

I know I look forward to something like that. Have no doubt that you can do it too. Thanks for your help friend, and look forward to trying your project.

Guys have we dished out yet an ideal server config for all occasions or not yet????????????????????/

Might be a good idea.

Another quick one a dedi server that is able to act as a mission coop server.??

Problem is Colin, there is no ideal config, because ones ideal is anothers nightmare config

but we have ours set to what we like for eg. Domination, 5 deaths, 8 mins, no kit restricts... then another for special domination maps with no GL or Frags

No but there are some settings that it's probably safe for most people to change from the console given the game type/mode while others are a bit more dicey and a wrong value can cause the server to behave badly or nor at all.

Ideal could be certain settings for a particular gamemode and then list the MUST HAVE settings that are required by it or used by it. Then the other are variables that can be changed like match length, max_deaths, etc.

We've been messing with the console quite a bit the last few days and it's really been an eye opener what you can and can't do and the order that you must do it in.

On the british paras server where we play no respawns HH we wanted to use the "everybody has to be ready" option ages ago but with not being able to see who is ready or not we couldn`t. :wall:

so now we can see who is ready we do the same as we used to do with GR...Kick the person who can`t be bothered to press ready !! :devil:

Soon enough people learn that they ready up or they go !! It`s worked for years on our GR server and works well now for GRAW.

/kick [then the player name or #and the player number] It`s fun aswell !! :lol:

Edited by BPR_MiK

On the british paras server where we play no respawns HH we wanted to use the "everybody has to be ready" option ages ago but with not being able to see who is ready or not we couldn`t. :wall:

so now we can see who is ready we do the same as we used to do with GR...Kick the person who can`t be bothered to press ready !! :devil:

Soon enough people learn that they ready up or they go !! It`s worked for years on our GR server and works well now for GRAW.

/kick [then the player name or #and the player number] It`s fun aswell !! :lol:

Certainly that's an improvement in GRAW, and something I was quite pleased to see implemented. Since the language of the ready message at the bottom of the lobby screen is a bit vague anyhow, some n00Bz didn't know if they were ready or not (accidentally hitting the ready button twoce and such), so now a player has a means also of determining his own ready status in order to assure that he/she isn't holding the game up.

For those who don't know, this wasn't available in the first iteration of the MP Pack 3 BETA. The BETA testers had to continue to insist on it. One of the GRiN developers then mentioned that the process was written and just hadn't yet been implemented, but was forthcoming. It was eventually delivered as promised. One more promise KEPT by GRiN, and a very important one at that.

>>EDIT<<

I'm in agreement for playing adversarial modes without GL's, though I think hand grenades would be fine. It's really hard to SPAM with a limited number of those. I personally prever TDM with 5-8 minutes (depending on map size) with no respawns, or 10+ minutes with up to 3 respawns. DOM I think benefits more from higher respawns, so 3 for 5-8 minutes and 5+ for 10+ minutes. I still don't have much of an opinion on Seige.

[GR] COOP modes are a totally different story. First, I think respawns should depend on difficulty. Maybe 1-2 for NORMAL, 3-4 for HARD, and 5+ for HARDCORE. Let's face it, the AI's on NORMAL aren't very tough. For a decent player, they're lucky to kill with a VERY lucky headshot when a player makes a mistake. Otherwise, we've pretty well memorized the positions of all the enemy AI's on the three maps we were given and should pretty handily wipe the floor with them. Kit restrictions? I say let the players have whatever they like in [GR] COOP. The SADS can handle noobtubes and MG's, lag is scarcely an issue unless you're trying to play a Japan server from Florida, and one doesn't much have to worry about getting himself spammed by some half-wit. Further, the smoke grenades are a BIG plus tactically in several situations where otherwise death of one or more teammates is almost requisite to accomplish the mission. If you don't have them enabled in your SADS, I'd ask that you at least CONSIDER doing so.