Ghost Recon.net Forums

Sorry if this is in the wrong section lol.

I am considering buying this game for online play.

Just wondering if you need to pay to play it online, or can you just play it with the disk like the [Ghost Recon]?

Just wondering if you need to pay to play it online, or can you just play it with the disk like the [Ghost Recon]?

Online play is FREE all you need is your DVD/CD and the CD- CODE/SERIAL

MAny good servers..... Great suppost from the Developer, on this forum..

viii

online play has been getting better and better. Once server files are release I think it will be just plain awesome.

Before buying the game make sure you have read all the system information requirments, and Tech posts on this forum, it will help a lot.

online play has been getting better and better. Once server files are release I think it will be just plain awesome.

Agree, and some more original maps.

viii

LOL you dont need to lie to the man. He doesnt want to waste his money.

Be honest. Multiplayer sucks and hardly anyone plays.

Check back after the next patch comes out to see if it changes anything.

Edited by -|-aMMo-|-

viii

LOL you dont need to lie to the man. He doesnt want to waste his money.

Be honest. Multiplayer sucks and hardly anyone plays.

Check back after the next patch comes out to see if it changes anything.

The community isn't very great due to the genre and copy protection against online playing. But the MP part is as great as the rest of the peeps allow to be (as usual).

It's a matter of opinion......I enjoy the multiplayer aspect of the game, as do others, so don't try telling us the game sucks no matter what you may or may not believe.

The numbers speak for themselves.

Of course your going to find some people who will like something no matter how bad it really is.

Of course your going to find some people who will like something no matter how bad it really is.

what the hell makes you say that??? if it was a free game, i'd agree. the campaign roxxorz a lot of people's boxxors, so you get your money's worth right there. granted, MP started out as a disaster, thanks to the Domination gametype, but it has picked some momentum. always no less than a 100 people playing across 4-5 decent servers, much better on the weekends.

Cheers for the help :)

I agree. People have a hard time due to such a high system requirements. most can play at medium or low.

what the hell makes you say that??? if it was a free game, i'd agree. the campaign roxxorz a lot of people's boxxors, so you get your money's worth right there. granted, MP started out as a disaster, thanks to the Domination gametype, but it has picked some momentum. always no less than a 100 people playing across 4-5 decent servers, much better on the weekends.

You think 100 people and 4-5 servers is alot? or even mid range?

Theres demos with more people then that.

Once theres no less then 10,000 people playing at once then you can get some credibility.

for comparision.

Community Update - 6/23/05

Battlefield 2 Stats and Rankings Update

The retail release of Battlefield 2 has been a resounding success so far, with 25,000+ players competing online simultaneously at this afternoon's peak. Needless to say, the passion that players have for Battlefield 2 has blown us away,

Edited by -|-aMMo-|-

Once theres no less then 10,000 people playing at once then you can get some credibility.

for comparision.

The retail release of Battlefield 2 has been a resounding success so far, with 25,000+ players competing online simultaneously at this afternoon's peak. Needless to say, the passion that players have for Battlefield 2 has blown us away,

why would i use the comparison you offer? it's no secret that tactical games are substantially less popular than arcade ones. maybe it's because the majority of video game players in the world are kids? not only that category will not be satisfied with what this game offers, most of them are thousands of dollars away away from being able to run it at _playable_ framerates, and hence enjoy it. America's Army would be a valid contender, but have you seen the minimum requirements for that game? there's your online numbers, and it's free. the concept of GRAW itself(plus the fame [GR] has earned) seems to apply to a lot of people, judging from the number of copies sold. they simply can't deal with the obstacles that GRAW MP presents, whatever they are. the major ones have been identified, and are in the process of being removed, though some won't... for example, you won't see a complimentary gig of RAM in your DVD case! but i like the fact that the game demands a killer sytem to run well, keeps a lot of those "sneak into daddy's office and play" characters away.

Entirely unrelated to the conversation, but...

maybe it's because the majority of video game players in the world are kids?

http://www.theesa.com/archives/files/Essen...acts%202006.pdf

Page 4.

31% of gamers are under 18

44% of gamers are 18-49

25% of gamers are 50+

those findings most probably encompass all games such as card games, puzzle games, etc. i don't think they can really be applied to what we all refer to as "gamers".

100 people or 10 000? what difference does it make? It's not like you can play against them all at once!

If there's 3-5 full servers, usually one for TDM, HH and DOM, why do you need more? Having 130 full servers just makes it difficult to choose. Also, with the smaller numbers, your more frequently playing with/against people you know. I find that refreshing, personally.

Entirely unrelated to the conversation, but...

maybe it's because the majority of video game players in the world are kids?

http://www.theesa.com/archives/files/Essen...acts%202006.pdf

Page 4.

31% of gamers are under 18

44% of gamers are 18-49

25% of gamers are 50+

totally unrelated as well...

page 8.

89% of the time parents are present at the time games are purchased or rented.

87% of the time children receive their parents' permission before purchasing or renting a game.

that should tell you what kind of crowd took this survey...

Edited by th33f.

for comparision.

why would i use the comparison you offer? it's no secret that tactical games are substantially less popular than arcade ones. maybe it's because the majority of video game players in the world are kids? not only that category will not be satisfied with what this game offers, most of them are thousands of dollars away away from being able to run it at _playable_ framerates, and hence enjoy it. America's Army would be a valid contender, but have you seen the minimum requirements for that game? there's your online numbers, and it's free. the concept of GRAW itself(plus the fame [GR] has earned) seems to apply to a lot of people, judging from the number of copies sold. they simply can't deal with the obstacles that GRAW MP presents, whatever they are. the major ones have been identified, and are in the process of being removed, though some won't... for example, you won't see a complimentary gig of RAM in your DVD case! but i like the fact that the game demands a killer sytem to run well, keeps a lot of those "sneak into daddy's office and play" characters away.

lol ok then is this better....

You pick which games count as compairable for you out of this list.

http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

Note: BF2 Demo has 48 servers, 512 players ATM lol

but i like the fact that the game demands a killer sytem to run well, keeps a lot of those "sneak into daddy's office and play" characters away.

lol yeah also keeps the majority of players away from the game too.

100 people or 10 000? what difference does it make? It's not like you can play against them all at once!

If there's 3-5 full servers, usually one for TDM, HH and DOM, why do you need more? Having 130 full servers just makes it difficult to choose. Also, with the smaller numbers, your more frequently playing with/against people you know. I find that refreshing, personally.

The difference is in how good the game is, and how good the competition would be.

The better the game, the more people will play it, the more people that play it the more competition there is.

Edited by -|-aMMo-|-

The better the game, the more people will play it, the more people that play it the more competition there is.

in that case Half-Life 1 is better than Half-Life 2?

in that case Half-Life 1 is better than Half-Life 2?

Well those numbers are from all the different HL1 & 2 mods. Like CS, CS:S, DoD, DoDS, TFC, ect...

The numbers are mainly from the Counter strike games though, and there are alot of CS gamers who prefer CS 1.6 over CS:Source. 1.6 being HL1 and Source being HL2.

However I think the CS numbers may be mis-leading, because of the bots in the games.

They may be counted too, I do not know.

Heres the stats from Steam.

http://www.steampowered.com/status/game_stats.html

It has nothing to do with the genre or copy protection.

Your mastery in making analyses baffles all the inmates at Bedlam. Of course genre, copy protection and the mentioned system req. contributes to a smaller community – one can’t count these parameters out.

Edited by JASGripen

It has nothing to do with the genre or copy protection.

Your mastery in making analyses baffles all the inmates at Bedlam. Of course genre, copy protection and the mentioned system req. contributes too a smaller community one cant count these parameters out.

Ok true, but duh. Thats all games nowadays.

They are insignificante to the real reasons why this game hasnt taken off.

Why even mention them?

Oh, didnt see, system requirements.

Now thats one of the real reasons why this game hasnt taken off. They are too high.

Edited by -|-aMMo-|-

although ammo might not like the game there is alot of people that do . to me its great but to each there own