Sound Echo

Yeah the sound in the game is amazing. I hear different pitches of echo in different types of settings. I think Desmond22 was the sound guy.

The only problem I have had and many others with the sound is the cracking/popping when a frag is fixing to blow up.

Edited by [99]-Athenian

The sound is great, maybe it is your speakers? Anyway, I really think the sound is great. Only problem is I am the ONLY one who seems to "kick" a can while walking! I believe that my AI squad AND the OPFOR (Mexucans) would kick some cans...or bottles! (I don't think that Mexican beer..the GOOD kind..comes in cans! LOL). :D

um yeah but your in mexico and well, do we buy the good beer in the US...not always, lol. I love the sound, but it is really hard to determine where it is coming from, you know when they do kick the can, you cant tell where they are.

I was using on board sound and then bought an XFI Sound Blaster.. wow it actually took me a few games before I could play well again. there where just so many more sounds and from all directions .. after I got use to hearing everything (pin drop) it has helped me alot in the game and I actually enjoy it even more then before...

Highly recommend getting a good sound card..

I was using on board sound and then bought an XFI Sound Blaster.. wow it actually took me a few games before I could play well again. there where just so many more sounds and from all directions .. after I got use to hearing everything (pin drop) it has helped me alot in the game and I actually enjoy it even more then before...

it would be nice to know what cards will allow you to switch to high quality sound setting in the game. X-Fi series is a no brainer, but what about Razer's Barracuda or Creative's cheaper series?

I agree the sound ingame is first-rate ( :thumbsup: Des), but I came up glitch (or maybe a card limitation-Audigy2), in SP Ready for bear. While in the tunnel facing west engaging the helos the turbine whine of the M1A2 is nice and loud but if I turn back and look east into the tunnel the volume (of the tank) drops at least 50%?

it would be nice to know what cards will allow you to switch to high quality sound setting in the game. X-Fi series is a no brainer, but what about Razer's Barracuda or Creative's cheaper series?

My Audigy xgamer let me do high... not extreme. Unfortunately it's kicking the bucked now, as it's locking up randomly on high with the screech of death. (just started 2 nights ago so i know it's not a GRAW issue)

I can play on medium... until my new x-fi comes in Monday!... WOOT!

I really like how when I hear a gunshot or explosion from one direction, I then hear the echo from a completely different direction (sometimes). I just think its a cool effect. The sound guys did a tremendous job.

By the beard of Zeus, this was one of the nicest posts I've ever read! My kinda thread, indeed. Thank you. :lol:

You're welcome dude.

GRIN Desmond22, would I notice an appreciable difference by upgrading from an Audigy 2 to a X-Fi?

If you have the money its worth it.

@the guy with the crackling problem. Its not a GRAW problem, its an Audigy/Creative Driver problem. I had the same problem in GRAW with my old Audigy, did some research on the creative website, and read that this problem is widepread, and shows up in random programs from games, to just listening to music. Friend of mine has the same problem as you, except his GRAW runs fine, but in CoD2 the crackiling is horrible.

@the guy with the crackling problem. Its not a GRAW problem, its an Audigy/Creative Driver problem. I had the same problem in GRAW with my old Audigy, did some research on the creative website, and read that this problem is widepread, and shows up in random programs from games, to just listening to music. Friend of mine has the same problem as you, except his GRAW runs fine, but in CoD2 the crackiling is horrible.

Just recently I read an article stating that it is a problem that the cards have with nforce4 boards and that the only way it'll really be fixed is thru a bios update. If you have an nforce5 or any other board, you should be fine apparently.

I love my X-FI card. I upgraded from an onboard audio and man..what a difference. Before i could only hear my own foot steps and that didnt matter how close i was to others walking. Now i can hear guys walking from quite a distance. The echos from the nades a beautiful!

Well apparently an Audigy 2 ZS isn't all that special anymore. :( I thought people with the X-Fi's were having the cracking problems also. I don't get them in any other game and it only happens in GRAW when a frag is getting ready to explode. Sometimes though it actually saves my life :) It lets me know about a second or two beforehand to GTFO of Dodge. Oh yeah I forgot I got the cracking in Lockdown also, but I won't count that as I really don't consider that an actual game. Guess I'll be looking into getting an X-Fi in the near future.

I just bought one about 2 weeks ago and could not believe the difference. By the way I have an nforce4 MD from Asus and have no issues. Apparently the crackle only with the A8N32-SLI Deluxe boards from Asus when using an AMD Dual Processor?

Anyway, it is a good $100 spent in my eyes..

I'm on an Asus A8N-SLI MoBo and onboard sound. Honestly, I think the sound is great. I DID get the crackling with this MoBo from time to time. Mostly in BF2 when the music plays while you wait for the map to load. I WAS getting it a couple patches and a system install ago, but since swapping HDD's and reinstalling WinXP/drivers/games, I haven't noticed it at all.

I hate when I can't sleep. Anyone got the GOOD pain pills?

I really like how when I hear a gunshot or explosion from one direction, I then hear the echo from a completely different direction (sometimes). I just think its a cool effect. The sound guys did a tremendous job.

Oh... I though it was because my sound card wasnt good enough or something. Now I get ya :thumbsup:

Can you hear the enemies kicking cans with a sound card better than audigy 2nx? I heard my team kick cans and heard a tank through a wall yesterday.

I still don't get the "huh, what's that?? (explosion) Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

Someone care to explain?