Ghost Recon.net Forums
Rocky

MP Pack 3 Beta Test thread

I recieved the invitation!!! WEEEEEe.... now if i can get the game.. :P

EDIT: Where is the file in the ftp? can't find it.

Edited by genarg

You wont...not for now at least.

Yes it is, people make mistakes though and sometimes forget things. However, that doesn't matter much, does it. People, who are not Ubisoft employees, are abusing someone elses property, being accepted to the beta doesn't give them that right.

You expect people on the internet to act differently? I don't agree with what they are doing either, but you can't expect people you don't know to act with morals and values.

Edited by Nutlink

blahia8.th.jpg

hey my name is in there! you guys shouldn't have.... no really you shouldn't have :angry:

This beta is totally half-assed. Admit it. Any other beta would give us direct contact to the devs. Not this one...

At least all the other beta's I've participated in have....

Why are you asking me that? What does that question have to do with my post? It doesn't matter the way they are running the beta, people still don't have a right to abuse Ubi's server.

I hope Ubi learns the lesson. Don't do an "open" beta anymore, people will abuse it and ruin it for everyone. The way people are abusing Ubisoft's server is NOT right, some people really need to grow up. After this crap I wouldn't fault Ubi for never doing a GR series beta again. <_<

I hope they don't= Sell the rights UBI!!

The beta was not there for prime time US EST!!!

You cannot admin an FTP server, you have no right project managing squirrels fornicating.

But I will send my resume to you in the AM you need the hired help!

You expect people on the internet to act differently? I don't agree with what they are doing either, but you can't expect people you don't know to act with morals and values.

Then I hope Ubi shuts the masses out next time and only goes with a select group, under NDA. *shrug*

I have tried and tried unsuccessfully to download this "beta" all night. All I get is unable to access the FTP file.

I quit. I give up.

I thought that having a BETA test I would have a little better luck with it, but I guess not.

I see many 'files' with names I recognise, and am very jealous that someone else is enjoying the latest patch.

Why didn't they just put up a site where you DL'd the beta, like a patch and give PW to those chosen. I can't even acces the Forums.

Sorry, Rocky, this is just getting worse and worse. I am very frustrated and very saddened.

Maybe, just maybe I'lll just wait until the real patch is issued, but at this rate, I am very suspect about the results.

Then I hope Ubi shuts the masses out next time and only goes with a select group, under NDA. *shrug* Coldhearted? Maybe. Do I care? Not really.

Agreed. Closed betas usually seem more productive anyway.

I downloaded the patch this morning, but I havent been home yet to install it.

Really looking forward to seeing the changes based on all of these comments.

See you in the trenches over the next couple of days.

Regards,

Sheldon / AlphaSquad

Sheldon, I'm glad you grabbed it before those [idiots] ruined the download site. Hope it goes well.

Way to go...

Ruin it for everyone else.

:angry:

(this is meant to whoever was immature enough to take advantage of UBI's hospitality)

I certainly donot know what any of you are talking about.\\

I received an e-mail, from the GRAW betatester at UBI and I believed that I had been chosen.

I was given 2 different sites to access the beta, and neither work, nor can I access the forums to express my displeasure.

I will even POST what they sent me so that everyone can see that this is just NOT working.

I am very sorry if I sound upset, but it seems like a very cruel joke has been played on me, and others are not very respectful of their ability to access the site and test either.

Are people just screwing around with the files?

Again, this game has tried my patience and its getting very thin

I'm not impressed the by morons who are adding files and such. If you guys can upload that means that the FTP was created incorrectly. There should be an admin password and a client password (at the very least). Looks like they overlooked that and sent the admin password to everyone.

I also agree with Giants. You guys that wanted to beta test signed up and got accepted. Then you go and pull some really stupid stunts like mess with the file structure. Nice way to thank them. It figures that a few guys are going to make the whole GRAW community look like idiots. Granted, some of you guys are but for the most part there's some decent people here.

I know what it's like to fuxored by someone you trust. We had one of our squaddies get ###### off and crash our website (4 years ago). He's a POS and so are you morons who think you're being cute.

I hope you get cancer.

Edited by ruggbutt

Just a reminder that those chosen to be a beta tester should not be discussing the contents of the patch here. All discussion regarding this patch needs to be done where you were directed to post... when they open the forum.

Thanks. :grin1:

I would not be surprised if UBI pulled the file with all the idiots mucking with there FTP. Only takes a few to mess things up for the rest.

I did not think the directions where all that hard to follow... maybe we are all lucky in some reguard that these people are not getting a chance to beta test?

I was looking forward to it too :(

OMG...i went to play for a bit and come back to utter chaos. Man...this blows...UBI will never trust us again. I hope they can see who put all that crap in the FTP cause my names in there and all i did was download the patch.

Well, i guess we wont be seeing another beta test like this again....I will keep plugin away trying to find bugs and hopefully they take me seriously.

Anyone know how to set up the Standalone file? I'm having issues and don't get past the first Athena Hardware check.

is there anywhere else to get the beta patch file. it's not on the ftp. desert siege is on the ftp though. go figure.

I agree! With this patch the game will be complete. I had a hell of a time beta testing this thing and I'm not done yet. Way to go GRIN.

I also cannot find the beta anywhere on the FTP - just the folders all you gongshows have created - quite disapointing as I was looking forward to testing the product and helping improve the series.

Can you feel the love? I don't.. :(

those actions people are doing to UBI's FTP are indicative of the people who make up the Graw community now. you think? :blink:

Edited by Papa6

I also cannot find the beta anywhere on the FTP - just the folders all you gongshows have created - quite disapointing as I was looking forward to testing the product and helping improve the series.

Well, i would like to go on record as to not being one of those gongshows. I simply downloaded the patch but for some reason..someone felt compeled to put my name in there.

Edit...lol i just realized something. I dont use Postal for a UBI name anyways so they would know it wasnt me...lol

Edited by }PW{ Postal

this beta stuff is quickly becoming a disaster beyond comprehendable proportions <_<

so much for the chance of getting free swag for beta testing....not to mention checkin out firefight mode :ph34r: