A Request for the next patch

As spoken about it in the modding section. When creating custom maps that are large and open, the draw distance in GRAW is limiting what we can do. Like trees in the distance will have no stump, just a floating bush, untill u get about 400m away then the stump renders. This is the same with some props, grass, and static objects. tbh the draw distance is tooo short and wish it could be increased.

Even maybe an options in the graphics options, with a slider for how big of a draw distance we want, so we can experiment and not loose to much FPS.

btw, its not just our custom maps, even in SP and normal MP maps... when your running you can see things render and pop up when they are only like 400m away. Shadows are even less, about 100m.

Great Game!! :P:g_withgrin:

I suppose only if the community really wants this Grin can think about it... i leave it up to all of you

mm... maybe a blurred draw distance?

IE: at 400m, things go blury. Edges fuzz, objects fuzz, ectra.

Rather than rendering all those extra poly's that you cannot really do anything with.

I do agree though - there have been plenty of times when I've ran into an issue with the draw distance being just a tad short - like on the Strong Point map.

Maybe just when looking at those distant objects through a scope, a la the Sniper rifle? Honestly, for most of this game I'm none too worried about things 400m away unless they're shooting at me. If we can't really see each other, then there's no worry!

Fog would be ok, but depending on how close it is to the player...

EDIT: when i mention props and shadows rendering at such close distances... shadows are more like 50m. And i hate the way grass is rendered... you cannot see grass that is like 10m away, that has a very bad draw distance.

Add "fog" as it was in GR to limit draw distances?

Fog would be alittle unreal for in an urban area.

The "Blur" or "haze" as you see IRL would be shiney.

Well in urban landscape the fog can be adressed as smog (air pollution). Apperently "Mexico City has the worst air pollution in the country and ranks among the most polluted cities in the world. Its ozone levels exceed World Health Organization standards 300 days a year" (>>source<<). There isn't much 'shiney' in that ;).

Here are some Google results (for some, click on them for larger examples):

mexico%20city%20pollution.jpg

(>>source<<) <-- Gives a very good impression (facts) about the air-pollution problems Mexico has.

tn_141%20%20Mexico%20City_JPG.jpg

(>>source<<)

tn_142%20%20Mexico%20City_JPG.jpg

(>>source<<)

210px-Mexico.DF.Chapultepec.02.jpg

(>>source<<) <--Mexico City on a good day?

LaNata.jpg-thumb_269_202.jpg

(>>source<<)

ElCieloAzul.jpg-thumb_269_202.jpg

(>>source<<) <-- Gives a very good (visual) impression about the air-pollution problems Mexico has.

I think fog would work pretty good :whistle::grin1:

Fog can add video lag because of trying to render it...

I'm use to having 1024m of visibility with it starting to fog out at about 900m.

I'm wondering if GRIN can bring something like this in and keep the video lag down.

M82 Barret 50cal Sniper Rifle has an effective range of 1km with a 24x scope.

Virtually as it is now, you are lucky to get a shot over 250m with it because of the way the maps are constructed. I would love to see more open and distance maps where the sniper rifle can be put to it's fullest potential.