Europe gave up on GRAW

What does that tell you about game if hardcore GR veterans mostly from Clanbase abandoned this game and closed they GRAW site? Some of them are still optimistic and eager to next patch, but it seems this game is never going to be played here. Good bye and godspeed.

HZD...PT!

What does that tell you about game if hardcore GR veterans mostly from Clanbase abandoned this game and closed they GRAW site? Some of them are still optimistic and eager to next patch, but it seems this game is never going to be played here. Good bye and godspeed.

HZD...PT!

It might not mean a thing at all. It's just a game, people need to get over it and get back to real life, whether for them it sucks or not, real life that is.

Let it gooooo. :wall:

It is sad yes, there aren't many fansites for GRAW PC, let alone MP focused...

Well the Aftergame.se crew tried, but in the end it wasn't worth it so it seems. Blame it on Ubi/GRIN, lack of MP at launch, summertime, santa claus or what ever.

It's a fact, GRAW MP is far from complete, we all accept that fact. But the loyalti-gum is getting thin & it broke for aftergame.se.

Hats off for GRIN with their communication on this forum, but that doesn't make up for the lack of MP the competitive gamers crave.

Personally I'm looking forward to the next patch, thats the deal breaker for me. If it kicks bum and boosts the MP community I'll stay on the boat. Also if the activity increases I'm sure Europe will want it on Clanbase.com we're I'm on standby to supervise it.

The point is, they are working on it as we speak, but how long will you wait untill you are taken by something else? :mellow:

I can understant this Guys. Im going to give GRAW 2-3 more months and if i wount see any real progres on TvT MP then im going to look for another game. Right now im playing GRAW and RO so i propably sell GRAW and completely swap to RO. Im also going to check new games like Arm Assault. I realy like GRAW but i havent unlimited patience.

Edited by Joseph_Q

the mp is great, it is finished, its just not a replica of gr1 mp and thats y no one wants to accept the fact its time to move on

*prepares to be flamed*

Edited by aCid

It seems to me by what I've read and heard is that what GRIN do next will make or break them, I feel that they know that the GR community are loyal and patient, but that also has a limit.

I truly hope that you (GRIN) can pull a rabbit out of your hat and show the GR community what GRIN stands for and what you can do. :g_withgrin:

Edited by Metal_Jacket

In my clans instance a dedicated server will be the only saving grace for GR:AW. We have 9 servers, 6 public, most of the time. They are run through hosts who won't put up the current type of server. Hence no recruiting, no matches etc.

The mod tools took us a long way towards a great game. But unless we can get our server farm a file, in our situation, we too will have to bow out of this game which I really do enjoy.

All games need TDM, dedis, admin-power! and a good AC.

But still, I like DOM without tacpoints. It's TvT and you have a goal, thats what I like about it. GJ GRiN!

Yep, Domination without the points is like TDM where you need to move around. I like it. :grin1:

Nevertheless, as one of the http://www.aftergame.se users and former European, I'm sad and worried about seeing the laddering community disintegrate :'( .

The decision by UBI to release a game with an MP in a beta stage was potentially disasterous for the laddering GR community. Not everybody has patience to wait for something that may never come...and they move on to something else.

Personally, I think this whole AW thing is a strategic decision, UBI will absolutely not have gamers devote 5 years to a single game. They want people to play the SP for a few months, then put the game on the shelf and buy a new game... A few post that I've seen from the GRIN devs indicate that they have struggled against the UBI to make the game MP and coop friendly... but of course, they can not/ should not write about that in public forums...

We all know what is needed to save the game for laddering clans, I will not repeat it here...but the question is if UBI wants it...

Deosl, I really like your post man, you hit the nail on the head. Eventhough I admire GRIN coming on these forums but honestly, in terms of usefulness, they havn't really taken many of our feedback into account have they? The three things we all want (TDM, Dedis and AC,) could be another two months away and these three things is what the mp community have been screaming for ever since we found out what kind of state the full version would be in.

I think Europe has pretty much given up on GRAW, finding a European server anytime other than evening, which is populated, is virtually impossible apart from the official ubi ones and no offense but if I want to play with a pistol and shoot people a lot of times, I would stick to UT or Quake.

the mp is great, it is finished, its just not a replica of gr1 mp and thats y no one wants to accept the fact its time to move on

*prepares to be flamed*

You sholud be preparing ! :lol:

So You are saying that game without :

- real anticheat.

- admin control.

- dedi server.

...and with 1 tvt mp mode ( im not counting DM cause it is not a real GR mp mode), 5 mp maps ( same looking) and with 7 weapons is finished ? :):whistle:

We (Europe clan) are still waiting for dedi server support. As soon as we can rent a gameserver for a reasonable price we will go for it. Hopefully around August/September the game will really kick off.

In the meantime it is really a shame because most people buy a game right after it's out and most of these people dont have the patience to wait around for months and months untill reasonable basic MP features are finally there.

Hello,

I'm European (French). I was never in a clan but was very happy to play GR1 on european servers against ZOO, Dire, etc... There were some good french teams too (F&H, DGSE, etc...) that don't play GRAW because of lack of *Ghost*/Tactical gameplay and content (forest, mountains)

There were almost no cheaters, the game was tactical (No respawns) and never boring (Death cam).

Perhaps GRAW is the best actual tactical/action/modern military FPS game but it does not compare to GR1. Servers are full of cheaters, the basic anticheat is not even activated on official UBI servers. No comment.

I understand that MP players and clans are disapointed and leave.

Yesterday at 6pm there were only two (2 !) GRAW european servers (Domination) with more than 20 players.

HZD...PT!

not everyone is interesterd in clanplay and laddering.....so if they close their site.....*pfft* their decision and it dos not say anything about the quality of the game or the developers.