Is this usual

Gav451

So, I've had the last 3 GR games and usually play amid friends on co-op matches but the other night thought I would try a few ranked matches. I'm a casual gamer, work and family prevent me ever being brilliant but I'm not awful either.

The first group I jumped in with were ranked 5-8 and ditched me the second I popped in.

The second did the same.

The last were 3-7 and I got a couple of games but then after I came 3rd then 2nd I was ditched yet again.

Now either I have suddenly developed the most irritating accent in the world or the fact I am only a 1 causes folk much concern. Can people explain why? Is it that if they lose to me they lose a larger amount of points or is there a L33t snobbery developing within the live community for this game.

I would be surprised if it was the second since the people I met on Summit Strike were pretty much cool all of the time.

Any ideas?

Should I just put this down to an unlucky and bad evening?

Cheers.

So, I've had the last 3 GR games and usually play amid friends on co-op matches but the other night thought I would try a few ranked matches. I'm a casual gamer, work and family prevent me ever being brilliant but I'm not awful either.

The first group I jumped in with were ranked 5-8 and ditched me the second I popped in.

The second did the same.

The last were 3-7 and I got a couple of games but then after I came 3rd then 2nd I was ditched yet again.

Now either I have suddenly developed the most irritating accent in the world or the fact I am only a 1 causes folk much concern. Can people explain why? Is it that if they lose to me they lose a larger amount of points or is there a L33t snobbery developing within the live community for this game.

I would be surprised if it was the second since the people I met on Summit Strike were pretty much cool all of the time.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

One rule when it comes to any game that includes a VISIBLE rank .people of a higher rank will always dump you because of two reasons.

A. they dont wanna lose or risk losing to a lower rank person especially a 1 or 2, during a ranked game

or

B. they dont wanna lose or risk losing to a lower rank person especially a 1 or 2, during a UNranked game

they are so scared to lose their precious rank.

another general rule is that MOST NOT ALL people with a rank above 7 are either spawn campers / glitchers / or people that exploit faults in the map

Aaaaah, thanks very much. I kind of thought this gasme would be less infected than Halo ( which I also like) with the rank obsessed.

OK then, I guess I need to give it more time and add people to the Friends list who play for the laugh like me.

The games I did get were fun, Its a shame more people dont just see the opportunities for fun.

Aaaaah, thanks very much. I kind of thought this gasme would be less infected than Halo ( which I also like) with the rank obsessed.

OK then, I guess I need to give it more time and add people to the Friends list who play for the laugh like me.

The games I did get were fun, Its a shame more people dont just see the opportunities for fun.

well, i personally wish they kept your rank number unseen by people and just your game stats available for people to see. i think the devs. think it inspires competition, but infact it just seperates the arrogant people who are proud of a number from the people wanting to just enjoy the game both winning and losing. i hope devs start rethinking this policy.

well, i personally wish they kept your rank number unseen by people and just your game stats available for people to see. i think the devs. think it inspires competition, but infact it just seperates the arrogant people who are proud of a number from the people wanting to just enjoy the game both winning and losing. i hope devs start rethinking this policy.

I would have to say the developers did already look at this. Player matches are for people who don't care about their rank.... so if your in it for just fun go to the Player Match. Rank matches are for people to strive to increase their rank, so that's why it's avaialbe for all to see. Just like any game out there... it's a scoring system. Can you imagine playing a racing game without a clock or a football game without season stats? Just wouldn't give you any reason to continue to play... would it.

The second did the same.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Your best bet is to stop playing ranked matches. Find a room under player match, its more in line with what the GR has always been about. Try some seige or BLS. You will find your GR experience increase 100%