Names vs Reticule

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

p.s. GRIN please make crosshair/ Reticule colour user adjustable R,G,B, some suffer eye strain trying to track the bluey grey.

viii

Amen.

Amen Huddex, I've added it to MP wishlist so GRIN_xxx read it twice, this is a late entry into the mod list but it's basic and I've heard lots of players, having problems with the default colour and eye strain.

viii

IT'S 2013 END OF STORY !! INTEL COMES TO YOUR HUD DoH !!! the map is part of that HUD. Lets not re-write GRAW, it is a HUD UP DISPLAY and intel is overlayed. If you don't like the name tags then turn them off on your client !!! not on mine.

Via the map like you say but the map is not only the plan of the section of city your in. it's the whole and that inc. intel [names/ positions/ friendly] A MAP with no symbology is useless and the Cross-com HUD is a 3D map

YOU HAVE YOUR NAMES ON/OFF option and your still trying to force everyone to do the same, don't cause I for one don't wan't your version and I want the cross-com that has tags, I want the cross -com that I control.

Everyplayer should be sent cross-com and they should decide if they want to switch it on or off, they should decide if they want to turn off bits of it.

This is going nowhere fast, I conceded to you a on/off names switch and you still kick your feet, if you don't like the tags and consider them a disadvantage, cos you kill team mates then switch them off !!! and that’s the option I give you. But your moaning that now it's unfair.......... f - f -s

The issue is a consistant level of play for competition. You don't play pro football and decide on how big you want your football to be or how far you want to have to go for a touchdown. Being able to set rules is what will bring in competition. If you can't judge where a player is by using the map that is on ALL THE TIME in the upper right hand corner then i dunno. having the screen cluttered with diamonds and names makes it very difficult to pickout the top of a head peeking a corner.

And I highly doubt that by 2013 we will have $10,000 worth of computer equipment on a soldier and be able to put spots on a hud. you would also be sending information all the time instead of in bursts like with a radio so it would be easy for an enemy army to locate your position by your signal.

If someone comes around the corner... check your map.. .that is your satelite info. Why get it in the way of your vison? Heck it's 2013, why can't the satelited see the enemy right? Fair gameplay is why.

...check my map... what map? that tiny inch-and-a-half square up in the right corner? it takes me years to find my own position on that wannabe map, let alone determine if there are teammates around. i actually prefer checking map to looking around for name tags, but trying to work with that micro map often got me killed. pressing TAB does bring up a larger version, but still; it's not full-screen and it has to be toggled. not to mention how ridiculous it gets at resolutions of 16x12 and up...

i want the mini-map we had in GR, press and hold the key to bring it up, release to get out. it needs to be full screen or at least the size of it in the TAB screen, but without the rest of the stats. all this applies to adversarial MP, of course. i don't know if it's different in coop or SP, i don't play those.

IT'S 2013 END OF STORY !! INTEL COMES TO YOUR HUD DoH !!! the map is part of that HUD. Lets not re-write GRAW, it is a HUD UP DISPLAY and intel is overlayed. If you don't like the name tags then turn them off on your client !!! not on mine.

Via the map like you say but the map is not only the plan of the section of city your in. it's the whole and that inc. intel [names/ positions/ friendly] A MAP with no symbology is useless and the Cross-com HUD is a 3D map

YOU HAVE YOUR NAMES ON/OFF option and your still trying to force everyone to do the same, don't cause I for one don't wan't your version and I want the cross-com that has tags, I want the cross -com that I control.

Everyplayer should be sent cross-com and they should decide if they want to switch it on or off, they should decide if they want to turn off bits of it.

This is going nowhere fast, I conceded to you a on/off names switch and you still kick your feet, if you don't like the tags and consider them a disadvantage, cos you kill team mates then switch them off !!! and that’s the option I give you. But your moaning that now it's unfair.......... f - f -s

The issue is a consistant level of play for competition. You don't play pro football and decide on how big you want your football to be or how far you want to have to go for a touchdown. Being able to set rules is what will bring in competition. If you can't judge where a player is by using the map that is on ALL THE TIME in the upper right hand corner then i dunno. having the screen cluttered with diamonds and names makes it very difficult to pickout the top of a head peeking a corner.

And I highly doubt that by 2013 we will have $10,000 worth of computer equipment on a soldier and be able to put spots on a hud. you would also be sending information all the time instead of in bursts like with a radio so it would be easy for an enemy army to locate your position by your signal.

Why do I have to go on and on about this lame point with some of you ladder people......

The game is made, thats the FORMAT not your ladder comp. adapt or die.

The game is set in 2013 and I work in the data recon industry and that sh..t is coming faster than you can get your next job. The intel on GRAW HUD is a good rep. of the next 10 yrs max. NOT 20 or 50 yrs but 10. Your speaking with no experiance in this field. You have no concept of the comms. packet technology being used and how hard it is to track.

what GRIN has shown you is going to happen to soldiers and it's going to happen soon, in small pieces that will be inter-locked into one system, the cost is not $$$$$$$ and your paying for it too.

You may ladder sci-fi types Quake or recons like MoH or Cod etc etc but there the past

1945 or sci-fi future. You want , all of us to bend to your concept of laddering because it's the rules, it's played like that now. Well I'm not saying reinvent the wheel, I'm saying take the rim and tyre and stick some air in it !!.

The game is called GRAW it is what it is. A tactical fighter with an inbuilt intel HUD up system.

Ladder with it .... I can tell, you need to stick to the vac with the bag, because the bag less vac confuses you.

What is so hard, GRAW does not break any rules re: constant level of play.

It will have anti-cheat

all players play on a level field

all players have access to the same intel.

all players spawn the same amount.

all players start with the same choices.

all players start on the same map.

Like I said, a client side switch will give you the ability to switch off the intel you do not want !!! BUT DON'T FCUK EVERYONE ELSES GAME. I also mentioned to the other member re: mouse monitor, screen resolution etc etc ...in which I have no problems picking out heads, it might be you need a better monitor or higher resolution... now don't tell me you can't buy one... it's nothing to do with me that we all don't have the same hardware.

Why are you so against a function built into the game?

Why do you want everyone else to play your version of GRAW?

Why don't you accept the option of turning off features on CLIENT SIDE ?

Why do you want to play GOD with the users settings, do you want to tell me my detail level and resolution ?

Your getting all the normal server side functions but you want to stop people having features that were advertised as apart of this game.... every advert shown, showed Cross-com.

Cross-com is based on actual military technology not some sci-fi tech.

get yourself some intel

http://jmc.janes.com/public/jmc/index.shtml

http://catalog.janes.com/catalog/public/in...me.ProductIndex

Detective Alapopskalius: So, what's the "symbology" there?

Paul Smecker: The "symbology"?

Now that Duffy has relinquished his King Bonehead crown,

I see we have an heir to the thrown.

I'm sure the word you were looking for was "symbolism".

What is the ssssssssymbolism there.

from the movie- "Boondock Saints"

all in fun!

on topic: i like names and diamonds- i really wish they had the green outlines that i saw somewhere before release. maybe that was the xbox, not sure.

Tough call.

a) I actually like having names of team mate when playing as/in a team because i can see where they are, I rarely get a good coordinated-cooperative game of Domination so at that point names are less useful.

b) What I would like to see is enemys abscuring the overlay ie if there is an enemy between me and 'playerA' then I don't want to see 'PlayerA' written over the tango, as I too have been killed by this.

c) VBS had a fantastic option to allow custom skinned heads and faces to allow more realistic way of telling team mates from one another, I had 'BARMY' written on the back of my helmet in large daygo letters; and 'gayglo' (anti) camoflage on my face. but it didn't really reduce the team kills I suffered. Some thing similar in GR would be fantastic, tho it would have to be server controlled. I'm sure most squads would love to have a 'custom' squad uniform.

d) If names are removed from the HUD then being able to have names on the map, so I can find a team mates position quickly would be nice.

BA

Edited by BarmyArmy

Detective Alapopskalius: So, what's the "symbology" there?

Paul Smecker: The "symbology"?

Now that Duffy has relinquished his King Bonehead crown,

I see we have an heir to the thrown.

I'm sure the word you were looking for was "symbolism".

What is the ssssssssymbolism there.

from the movie- "Boondock Saints"

all in fun!

on topic: i like names and diamonds- i really wish they had the green outlines that i saw somewhere before release. maybe that was the xbox, not sure.

I like your Quote Iggy !

maybe the answer is to give the end user the ability to vary the symbol colours to suit...

I agree that colour is specific to each user and till a couple of days ago I didn't think of people that suffered things like eye strain trying to track weird colours or colour blind players. For these players and the general mass, the ability to change/ tailor colours for diamonds/ name tags & crosshairs, is an add bonus for all.

viii

Tough call.

a) I actually like having names of team mate when playing as/in a team because i can see where they are, I rarely get a good coordinated-cooperative game of Domination so at that point names are less useful.

b) What I would like to see is enemys abscuring the overlay ie if there is an enemy between me and 'playerA' then I don't want to see 'PlayerA' written over the tango, as I too have been killed by this.

c) VBS had a fantastic option to allow custom skinned heads and faces to allow more realistic way of telling team mates from one another, I had 'BARMY' written on the back of my helmet in large daygo letters; and 'gayglo' (anti) camoflage on my face. but it didn't really reduce the team kills I suffered. Some thing similar in GR would be fantastic, tho it would have to be server controlled. I'm sure most squads would love to have a 'custom' squad uniform.

d) If names are removed from the HUD then being able to have names on the map, so I can find a team mates position quickly would be nice.

BA

A quick quote on you point 'C'

Some may consider that a cheat !!! I could dayglow every enemy player etc... then my job is easier...but your point regarding, US & MEX uniforms is the real problem. They are to dam close to call and that is where the problem lies. Uniforms should be more distinct !!! and tags would not be such a FF issue

I want names on my HUD , I want everyone to have the ability to switch them off if HE or SHE wishes to do so. I don't want some ladder boiz telling me that the developer should give them the GOD like power to decide what I can see them or not.

p.s. It is a tough call, but in the end it should be the client and not the server that calls this one !!!

viii

Some may consider that a cheat !!! I could dayglow every enemy player etc... then my job is easier...but your point regarding, US & MEX uniforms is the real problem. They are to dam close to call and that is where the problem lies. Uniforms should be more distinct !!! and tags would not be such a FF issue

It was server enforced - you only got to modify your own skin, which was given to every other play on your team. In a similar way to how games like unreal or quake ( I can't remember which ) allows uploading/sharing skins to/via servers. ( If server configured to allow it.)

US and MEX uniforms to close to call? Are you colour blind!?!? Let me see mex:drab-olive-green or us:bright almost day-glo yellow. Hmm I think I'll play MEX thank-you very much.

p.s. It is a tough call, but in the end it should be the client and not the server that calls this one !!!

When I get a dedi server - I may well want to be able to force the maximum level of IFF players get on the on MY server , if you don't like the settings on my server then play somewhere else.

The idea being most kids and idiots will prefer to play somewhere else.

I see no sensible reason NOT to be able to do this...

Barmy

Edited by BarmyArmy

It was server enforced - you only got to modify your own skin, which was given to every other play on your team. In a similar way to how games like unreal or quake ( I can't remember which ) allows uploading/sharing skins to/via servers. ( If server configured to allow it.)

US and MEX uniforms to close to call? Are you colour blind!?!? Let me see mex:drab-olive-green or us:bright almost day-glo yellow. Hmm I think I'll play MEX thank-you very much.

When I get a dedi server - I may well want to be able to force the maximum level of IFF players get on the on MY server , if you don't like the settings on my server then play somewhere else.

Barmy

Using modded skins is ok if we all use them THAT WAS MY POINT .

The Anti-cheat coming in the next patch will allow mod as long as the server has the exact same. I DON'T have a problem with that. The point was regarding personal modding of uniforms could be classed as unfair.

The majority of players have problems deserning the two uniforms in the heat of battle, if you stop to look you not a soldier, your dead. and no i'm not blind but you may be.

Barmy

when you get a dedi server, you can do what you want, switch off all the users intel. Your server your choice.

It does not stop kids and idiots joining your server

I had Barmy written on the back of *my* head to make me easier to see by my team mates; ( who still managed to shoot me by accident.) It didn't help me at all. :blink:

Please drop the haxor comments, I like my tags, I intend to keep them. I don't run - hacks never will. :angry:

I think we both agree that server controlled and distributed skins is a nice idea, that we may never/ won't see in GRAW for a while; and that client skin/weapon mods are an exploit waiting to happen.

Also you're right - the blue hud cursor is a pain in the butt; I miss the old yellow one.

But user client side adjustment seems a great idea. Not serverside coz some idiot would make everyone run with gayglo pink huds. :P

Btw see you next w/e - somewhere in Leeds I believe.

Edited by BarmyArmy

I had Barmy written on the back of *my* head to make me easier to see by my team mates; ( who still managed to shoot me by accident.) It didn't help me at all. :blink:

Please drop the haxor comments, I like my tags, I intend to keep them. I don't run - hacks never will. :angry:

I think we both agree that server controlled and distributed skins is a nice idea, that we may never/ won't see in GRAW for a while; and that client skin/weapon mods are an exploit waiting to happen.

Also you're right - the blue hud cursor is a pain in the butt; I miss the old yellow one.

But user client side adjustment seems a great idea. Not serverside coz some idiot would make everyone run with gayglo pink huds. :P

Btw see you next w/e - somewhere in Leeds I believe.

Removed little ditty on hacks , I don't think anyone with an ounce of intel. would of thought you or RSi would run hax. The only point I was trying to say was that personal uniforms like yours with names etc are great they show dedication and add a realistic feel, it was the idea of day glowing like the MoH hacks that I was exampling with....

your idea of named helmet is cool, and if the modded skin files are loaded onto a closed server, the new AC would allow such mods.

originally this thread was about name tags and crosshairs and the main point I tried to get to someone else was the user needs to control this, inc. the name tagging. just like your helmet idea, but this is part of the original concept..

see ya soon b.army

p.s. GRIN please make crosshair/ Reticule colour user adjustable R,G,B, some suffer eye strain trying to track the bluey grey.

viii

Amen.

Certain options do belong to the serverside, kick, ban, game select, map, time etc etc...

but some things remain with the client, like their choice of mouse, screen resolution, graphics FPS speed [considered a cheat by some] etc etc..... and the crosshair,crosshair colour etc etc is client !!

viii

The game is set in 2013 and I work in the data recon industry and that sh..t is coming faster than you can get your next job. The intel on GRAW HUD is a good rep. of the next 10 yrs max. NOT 20 or 50 yrs but 10. Your speaking with no experiance in this field. You have no concept of the comms. packet technology being used and how hard it is to track.

what GRIN has shown you is going to happen to soldiers and it's going to happen soon, in small pieces that will be inter-locked into one system, the cost is not $$$$$$$ and your paying for it too.

You're not sending out a laser signal from a soldier. the signial will radiate out in all directions. pickup the signal from two spots, find out the time shift to make them match, know a perimeter of a circle where they could be. use 3 places to pickup the signal, know where they are.

I'm not saying it's not possible and I'm not saying it's easily hackable but even the encoded signal can be pickedup and used to locate a position.

Viiper... why not just add the drone and airstrikes while your at it.

Did you play GR1? Almost all servers i know of ran reticule. Names was an option then also... but not used for the same annoyances we see now. Names only helps noobs when they are 1st getting started. As they advance I'm sure once they saw reticule they would like it more.

Th33f, as for the map I agree there needs to be a way to zoom it, and possibly grids by TDM. For now though knowing someone is in your zone that is an enemy should be enough. Heck it might as well be GR1 sensors to a degree.

As for custom camo.. that's a no no... leads to transparent camo and WAY more problems then it's worth. Arm patches i can understand or a name across the back or helmet that is black or cammo'd so it doesn't get you killed.

Custom camo should be for Modded servers only and only activated if the server has the mod.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

i dont see whats wrong with vipers suggestion for a client side: its NOT an advantage to one team because everyone can choose whichever options they want. just because you choose to NOT use names/diamonds, doesn't mean i dont want them. its not a case of whether your good enough without them, i dont mean to toot my own horn but i almost always end up as one of the top in a match (with all those cheaters im suprised!) and the only advantage the diamonds/names gives me is knowing where my team is. when it comes to ladders e.t.c. everyone should have the option to display what they want, and what i want is to know where my team is (not a hard thing to imagine since its 2013!)

Did you play GR1? Almost all servers i know of ran reticule. Names was an option then also... but not used for the same annoyances we see now. Names only helps noobs when they are 1st getting started. As they advance I'm sure once they saw reticule they would like it more.

Th33f, as for the map I agree there needs to be a way to zoom it, and possibly grids by TDM. For now though knowing someone is in your zone that is an enemy should be enough. Heck it might as well be GR1 sensors to a degree.

As for custom camo.. that's a no no... leads to transparent camo and WAY more problems then it's worth. Arm patches i can understand or a name across the back or helmet that is black or cammo'd so it doesn't get you killed.

Custom camo should be for Modded servers only and only activated if the server has the mod.

This is your thread Roco afz so you will get the last say, but where do you get some of your info from.

All true

Grids yes, the rest never will happen !

The best till last

Your doing this in 80% of your posts !!! Your version of the game in not everyone elses !!!

I don't want your Airstrikes or drone, p.s. the intel we have is part of the game.

This game was designed with cros-com where have you been ?? in the bush ??

The HUD intel is standard.

Did I play GR1, 4 yrs !! and still installed.

The name tags don't annoy me nor alot of players i've asked, infact they find them more of a help, in the fact they can locate team mates quickly and confirm team mates down, without looking at the mini map or chat box.

I said it before if you do not like NAME TAGS then YOU SWITCH THEM OFF !!

BUT don't force your idea onto everyone else via server side GOD MODE !! [admins acting like gods with the power to decide how my hud will look]. It's not the server admins job to alter my HUD, if I want my chat box off, I turn it off !!!! If I want my name tags off I turn it off !!! NOT SOME server admin .... there jobs is to run a server and kick & ban trouble makers and hackers/ spawn killers and the like. not to say I have to run 1024x768 because you are !!!!

You do know where this is going, if server side, controls std functions like basic intel, what’s next ?? the colour of my crosshairs ?? the level of my sound card, EAX on/off......

No way do I want a SERVER ADMIN to do any of that.

Your originally said you made a mistake of thinking an enemy was a teammate because of tags, well when GRin give you client side control, you can switch off name tags and you will not have that problem

CLIENT SIDE CONTROL

NAME TAGS & RETICULE/ CROSSHAIR COLOUR

viii

If you give the ability of the client to turn on names, that leave the ability of the client to also turn on the enemies names via a hack.

Locking it at the server fixes this issue.

You are contridicting yourself below

The HUD intel is standard.

If it was standard then you wouldn't ask to change the reticule color. If it was standard then you wouldn't ask for client control of the hud. If it was standard you wouldn't take away the chat that allows others to communicated with you that are not on your comms. What you want it to take the standards away instead of lock them to a standard.

(can i say pwned)

I am asking for a way for the server admin to set the standard the way ladders play it. Reticule. if they choose not to that is then there option. The server needs to be able to override the client in this aspect or the client will soon be showing enemy names via hacks.

If it was the hud, don't you think we would get outlines instead of diamonds?

Yep agreed, "Show friendlies" should be a 3-way option: 1) on (the most easy setting) 2) reticule (i.e. when you aim at a friendly", or 3) off (the most realistic and difficult setting).

Importanly, the most easy setting allowed should be server controlled (as in [GR]), which is very important for laddering etc.

:g_guns:

CLIENT SIDE SWITCH ONLY

Never had a problem with the system that GRIN has implemented, but there has been occasions when I thought the enemy was a friendly, This is all part of Cross-com. Now if GRIN wants to give you the option to switch on/ off cross-com then THAT IS YOUR CHOICE but don't force it onto others, leave it as a client side option switch !!!!

Some of you think because you have a problem all have a problem, and I concede to you the option of a client side switch this will not force everyone that has no problem to have your FAVORITE SYSTEM IMPLIMENTED.

So ask GRIN for a client side feature to switch on/ off / or alternate BUT NOT FOR SERVER SIDE modes that suit you.

good point thou

viii

@ viiper’s multiple posts

Hey, we respect your opinion, but there is no need to crazy about this issue.

We are only asking for a possible option to make the game more viable and suitable as a laddering game. Most competitive players prefer less cluttered HUDs. More options in GRAW (client and server) are the key, and will ensure better gaming experience for all types of players and likely increase sales. For matching it is crucial to have conditions as equal as possible, hence server override for friendlies would be preferable, if there ever will be any option for the client that will say…

Also, remember that dedicated server admins put a lot of effort and money in to keep their server running for you people to play fungames, and most want to ensure the server has those settings the majority of players prefer available. If you are so afraid of “nasty server admins playing God” turning those names off for you, then you simply don't have to join that particular server…period.

@ viiper’s multiple posts

Hey, we respect your opinion, but there is no need to crazy about this issue.

We are only asking for a possible option to make the game more viable and suitable as a laddering game. Most competitive players prefer less cluttered HUDs. More options in GRAW (client and server) are the key, and will ensure better gaming experience for all types of players and likely increase sales. For matching it is crucial to have conditions as equal as possible, hence server override for friendlies would be preferable, if there ever will be any option for the client that will say…

Also, remember that dedicated server admins put a lot of effort and money in to keep their server running for you people to play fungames, and most want to ensure the server has those settings the majority of players prefer available. If you are so afraid of “nasty server admins playing God” turning those names off for you, then you simply don't have to join that particular server…period.

I'm not posting for fun nor going crazy over this point, I'm answering the post prior. I have nothing against Server admins. I'm not afraid of server admins playing god, I am saying they should not be given too much power over the end users settings regarding the HUD !!! Is it too hard to understand.

This post helps the thread zero percent regarding the subject matter. I really don't care how much the dedi server put into hosting, the end user put in millions buying the product and there the ones that come first not the server provider. Do you have a mobile phone ? who comes first the service provider ? or you the mobile phone end user ? did you answer truthfully or the same as your reply to my thread answer.

You don't seem to understand the thread has a point which is simple but the other point raised regarding who has control is a big issue. The end user is responsible for certain things and so is the games host/ server provider.

most want to ensure the server has those settings the majority of players prefer available

Why is the HUD intel that the game has as standard an issue ? this was part of the discussion

It has nothing to do with server admin, nor should it ever have, that is my point, why should the server decide what feature of the HUD I see or not see.

viii

If it was standard then you wouldn't ask to change the reticule color. If it was standard then you wouldn't ask for client control of the hud. If it was standard you wouldn't take away the chat that allows others to communicated with you that are not on your comms. What you want it to take the standards away instead of lock them to a standard.

I'm talking about who controls the function and you going somewhere else !! don't mix up subject matter. We were refering to HUD intel, not the cross hairs colour pallet.

You may want the name tags off [thats hud intel.] The cross hairs colour is too help people that suffer from eye strain. stop thinking about yourself, people like to setup their keys to their std? not some server std !!! we are not talking about CHEATING OR HACKING are we.......

I asked because people have been complaining regarding eye strain !!!! the colour of the crosshairs etc should be adustable, which they are not !!! It should bev done by you and not some server, and that inc. NAME TAGS, user decides.

My choice would also be 'server-side switch only', just as in [GR].

BTW viiiper, [GR]' storyline acted in "the year 2008" not 1980 ;).

(...)

With you CkWarlord 100%, names give you the direction of team mates and when you can hear footsteps, you can tell if it's a team mate. It's the whole concept of Cross-com WELCOME TO 2013, it ain't 1980 any more.

(..)

viii

:g_guns: GAME ON! :g_guns:

Edited by Toniezz

I'm not posting for fun nor going crazy over this point, I'm answering the post prior. I have nothing against Server admins. I'm not afraid of server admins playing god, I am saying they should not be given too much power over the end users settings regarding the HUD !!! Is it too hard to understand.

If Grin doesn't lock it down hackers will prevail

This post helps the thread zero percent regarding the subject matter. I really don't care how much the dedi server put into hosting, the end user put in millions buying the product and there the ones that come first not the server provider. Do you have a mobile phone ? who comes first the service provider ? or you the mobile phone end user ? did you answer truthfully or the same as your reply to my thread answer.

The service provide because if the service provider goes down then your phone don't work.

You don't seem to understand the thread has a point which is simple but the other point raised regarding who has control is a big issue. The end user is responsible for certain things and so is the games host/ server provider.

Since it's my thread, i think I fully understand my point.

My point is

#1 Ghost Recon 1 had this feature... Server locked it down for laddering and matches.

#2 90% of all Ghost Recon 1 servers used reticule and no one every complained... that means it works.

#3 Battlefield uses names... why degrade GRAW to that standard

#4 Reticule promotes tactical games. You have to use your map and point at the enemy or recognize them by there team camo

#5 This gets all the clutter off the hud in 25+ servers. You realize with that many that you should only if any have the names of your squad, not 15 people floating around. Also if you want to keep names then enemies MUST cover them up to avoid the confusion that annoys so much of us. Reticule would solve this.

#6 I would think in 2013 they wouldn't need names floating around majically. I would think it would be point and identfy or a satelite fed tac map. or the names would not create this much confusion in a battle sense.

Are you afraid you can't play as well with having to identify your target and teammates?

Why are you so set on names... ? BF2 player maybe? With 4 years experience with [GR] you must realize that reticule works or have you never laddered?

I haven't seen this covered before, but do you guys like the names up all the time? I find it annoying. Countless times i have came around a corner in domination and not fired upon an enemy because my teammates name was on the guy, even though he was on the other side of the map. In GR1 i preferred reticule. Will this ever be an option?

It's happen to me plenty of times, I believe if the teams had contrasting uniforms it will be a lot easier to destinguish friend from foe.