reformatting h.d.

Havok

i badly need to reformat my h.d. my question is this; i just bought a radeon 9500pro but haven't installed it yet, should i install it b4 or after i do a format or does it really matter ? also the 9500 pro needs to run off your 'putes power supply, which is my next question: i have a dell 4300 and i know the power supply is rated under 300w but some people i talked to in the dell forums say i should not have a problem running the 9500pro on my system, yet i could not find anyone running the 9500pro on a 4300. what do you guys think ?

Go ahead and reformat before you install your vid card I'd say and start fresh. I don't know if it matters though... For your PS, what does the vid card box say is the minimum watt PS you should have. I think my Geforce 4 was like 350 but I had over this so I didn't worry. However, some peeps had lower than what was suggested, but they still ran fine. I don't know if there is much diff between ati and nvidia in terms of runnin on the power supply, and I'm really not the best advisor on this. Just my 2 cents, but lets have some others who are more informed on this type of stuff...

the radeon 9500pro suggests a 300w power supply

i got this card for 299 CAN which is a wicked price , msrp in canada is 399

so i have cash left over to buy a better PS if need be

Edited by =UAL=Havok