Amount of mags

I'm looking at changing the amount of mags you carry for some of the weapons, but I cant seem to find where they are defined. They are not in the weapon itself and not in the player config.

Any ideas?

My main reason why I want to change them is to make the Barret a semi-auto with a 10rnd mag but 10x19 rounds is overkill. I'm also thinking of balancing the difference in rifle mags and amount of 40mm grenades when using a GL on the rifle (less mags, more grenades).

edit: I've added the MP5SD as a primary option in addition to the secondary. My issue here is that all 9mm ammo share the same pool and I dont want that for the primary MP5.

Edited by Shadow_ASP

I'm looking at changing the amount of mags you carry for some of the weapons, but I cant seem to find where they are defined. They are not in the weapon itself and not in the player config.

Any ideas?

My main reason why I want to change them is to make the Barret a semi-auto with a 10rnd mag but 10x19 rounds is overkill. I'm also thinking of balancing the difference in rifle mags and amount of 40mm grenades when using a GL on the rifle (less mags, more grenades).

edit: I've added the MP5SD as a primary option in addition to the secondary. My issue here is that all 9mm ammo share the same pool and I dont want that for the primary MP5.

go to the sb_inventory_data.xml and find the:

<!-- AMMO FOR SINGLEPLAYER AND COOP -->

section and edit the defualt amount of clips you can carry.

defualt:

<var name="ammo_max_556" type="number" default="10"/>

new:

<var name="ammo_max_556" type="number" default="20"/>

change it to your liking...

the weapons xml (i.e. u_scar_light.xml, etc.) is where you change the amount of rnds in the clip itself:

defualt:

<var name="clip_max" value="30"/>

new:

<var name="clip_max" value="45"/>

hope it helps...

as far as changing the ammo type\calibur for your mp5, I've no clue...

Mig1 did it for his new Scar-L (Mk.16 Mod1), it's 6.8 calibur rnd.

maybe shoot him a PM and ask, if no one else here knows right off hand...

Any ideas?

Hi Shadow,

The type of ammo that the weapon uses in the game is found in the relative weapon file, e.g. for the MP5SD the path is as follows

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\Data\units\weapons\u_mp5sd.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<units>

<xdefine name="mp5sd( name_ext )">

<unit type="weapon" name="mp5sd$name_ext" slot="12">

<model file="/weapons/mp5sd/mp5sd$name_ext.xml"/>

<depends_on unit="mp5sd_mag$name_ext"/>

<depends_on unit="mp5_scope_mount$name_ext"/>

<script_class name="base" class="BulletWeapon"/>

<stats block="base_data"/>

<stats block="weapon_data">

<var name="ammo_type" value="9mm"/>

You can change the default 9mm to any ammo type you like, I have mine changed to 556.

The type of ammo that the gun uses does not reflect the amount of damage that can be done it just limits the ammo you can pick up from fallen enemies.The tangos use the G36 a lot and it uses 556 ammo.

If you set the MP5 to use say the 127 ammo as used by the Barrett sniper rifle it will not increase the damage , it will mean though that you would have to be very economical with your ammo. Most of the enemy AI use 556 equipped weapons.

Regards ...

paulkel

Yeah, I know about the ammo-types. I set my primary MP5SD to use "crye" (MR-C ammo class). My problem now is that the extra primary ammo still adds 9mm-class ammo and not crye-class ammo.

Do you have any idea where I define the backpack ammo for this MP5SD (class name: mp5sd1) to use crye-ammo class instead of 9mm-class?

Edited by Shadow_ASP

Yeah, I know about the ammo-types. I set my primary MP5SD to use "crye" (MR-C ammo class). My problem now is that the extra primary ammo still adds 9mm-class ammo and not crye-class ammo.

Do you have any idea where I define the backpack ammo for this MP5SD (class name: mp5sd1) to use crye-ammo class instead of 9mm-class?

You could try changing the ammo calibre value for the ammopack_9mm from 9mm to crye.

I think this would mean though that all 9mm backpack ammo would then be crye calibre, I haven't tried it.

The value to change is in the weapon_data.xml file in

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\Data\lib\managers\xml\weapon_data.xml

</weapon_data>

<weapon_data unit="ammopack_9mm" name="ammo_pack" weapon_id="14" inventory_slot="backpack" gui_unit="scar_l" weight="2" length="0" stability="0" price="20" damage="0" player_weapon="1" grenade="0" ammo="4" cal="9mm" network_disable="true">

<bar_stats accuracy="0" stability="0" weight="1" impact="0"/>

Alternatively you could just increase the default amount of clips for the MP5SD.

Hope this helps

Regards ...

paulkel

Changing the ammo-type in the 9mm ammopack changes would ruin the 9mm backpack for all other 9mm weapons.

Increasing the amount of mags in it interferes too much with the ammo-balance in the game (giving all other 9mm weapons too much ammo).