Inventory and the Tabs, more flexible weapons selections.

Hello, n00b here...

I've modded a few of the weapons .xml file to the way I like 'em, but I'm looking for more flexiblity in the inventory weapons selections.... here's what i'd like help on if someone knows how to get it to work...

I'd like the weapons in the first (primary) tab to be displayed and selectable (useable) in the secondary tab, and vis-a-versa.... so that the Scar-L , Scar-H, etc. are in the secondary tab with the MP5, M8-C, etc.... and so on...

can anyone help me out with this? Please...

thanx in adv.

TOK...

Hello, n00b here...

I've modded a few of the weapons .xml file to the way I like 'em, but I'm looking for more flexiblity in the inventory weapons selections.... here's what i'd like help on if someone knows how to get it to work...

I'd like the weapons in the first (primary) tab to be displayed and selectable (useable) in the secondary tab, and vis-a-versa.... so that the Scar-L , Scar-H, etc. are in the secondary tab with the MP5, M8-C, etc.... and so on...

thanx in adv.

TOK...

Basically you want to be able to use for example 2 SCAR's with one being in the primary and another one being in the secondary slot? :huh: Why that? :blink:

Hello, n00b here...

thanx in adv.

TOK...

Basically you want to be able to use for example 2 SCAR's with one being in the primary and another one being in the secondary slot? :huh: Why that? :blink:

yes, thats the basic idea... however, I wouldn't use 2 scars, that would be just plain silly.

I was thinking more like an MP5 in the primary and the glock in the secondary (just for example)... but having the flexibility or option to carry 2 scars (not that I would)...

but it would be nice to have the in the primary tab, all of the primary tab weapons and the secondary tab weapons... and in the secondary tab, have the same as the primary tab....

you get much more flexibilty in selecting what load outs you get, so if I choose to carry an MP5 (primary) and a glock 18 (secondary), I can...

So, if anyone can help me get this to work, it'd great...

again, thanx in advance

TOK

I was just able to change Mig1's new SCAR mod over to the secondary slot position, but I have not been able to do it with any other weapon without it crashing. It'll just be a matter of playing with the XML files, I assume.

What you need to do is change two XML files:

1) the particular weapon you want to change

- unbundle the appropriate XML file to your "local\units\weapons" folder

- in the weapon's XML file, towards the bottom, look for the following lines:

<stats block="item_data">

<var name="inventory_slot" value="#">

- where I have placed the "#" you will find either "primary" or "secondary"

- change the value to whatever you want of those two values

- save the XML file and make sure the BIN file is deleted

2) change the weapon_data.XML file

- I found this file located in the "\local\english\lib\managers\xml" folder

- look for the particular weapon you want to change

- in that weapon's data, you will see the code: inventory_slot="#"

- change the # value to whatever you had in the weapon's XML file

- save the XML file and make sure the BIN file is deleted from the folder

I tried changing the barrett M-99 to the secondary position but it would crash. I think it was crashing because I didn't change Allen's default primary weapon from the M-99.

I was not able to have the same weapon in both the primary and secondary slots, but I think that is just a matter of saving two XML files for each weapon with a different name and, in the weapon_data XML file, saving the new version of the weapon with a new weapon_id value.

Quick note also: in the weapon_data.XML file, you can change several values for each weapon, including the weight, impact, and MP cost of the weapon. I changed the weight of the M-99 and was able to carry it as my primary weapon with Mig1's SCAR-SPC as my secondary weapon with grenade launcher. Hooah!

Edited by ZapTheSheep

I'm thinking you may have to create a completely new set of files (like Mig1 did for the new scar) for each weapon you what in the secondary tab, that way it won't interfere with the originals in the primary tab. And when you make the new set of files for each weapon, just change it’s tab location from primary to secondary. That way the weapons will be in both primary and secondary tabs. However, this is just a gestamation...

I have a M8 in my primary, secondary and backpack. Here's what you do. Go to units, weapons and open u_m8.xml and make a duplicate copy and name it u_m8_2.xml, then change the line <unit type="weapon" name="m8$name_ext" to "m8_2$name_ext"

<xdefine name="m8( name_ext )">

<unit type="weapon" name="m8_2$name_ext" slot="12">

<model file="/weapons/m8/m8$name_ext.xml"/>

<depends_on unit="m8_mag$name_ext"/>

<depends_on unit="m8_ironsight$name_ext"/>

<depends_on unit="m8_combatsight$name_ext"/>

<depends_on unit="xm320$name_ext"/>

<script_class name="base" class="BulletWeapon"/>

<stats block="base_data"/>

<stats block="weapon_data">

Go to <var name="inventory_slot" value="primary"/> and change to "secondary"

</stats>

<var name="inventory_slot" value="secondary"/>

</stats>

<sounds>

<soundbank name="m8_sound$name_ext"/>

<soundbank name="foley_rifle_sound"/>

<default_soundsource source="sound"/>

Then go to lib, managers, xml and open weapon_data.xml make dup <weapon_data unit="m8" and change to <weapon_data unit="m8_2" then change weapon id="6" to "43"

<weapon_data unit="m8" name="m8" weapon_id="6" inventory_slot="primary" gui_unit="m8" price="60" damage="2" player_weapon="1" grenade="0" cal="556" wizby="2">

<stats caliber="5.56 x 45 mm" rpm="750" velocity="885 m/s" firemodes="SA 3RB FA" capacity="30" info="info_m8" />

<bar_stats accuracy="0.6" stability="0.7" weight="2.66" impact="0.6" />

<mods front="true" top="true" bottom="true">

<mod mod_id="7" default="1" />

<mod mod_id="15" />

<mod mod_id="8" />

<mod mod_id="9" />

</mods>

</weapon_data>

<weapon_data unit="m8_2" name="m8" weapon_id="43" inventory_slot="secondary" gui_unit="m8" price="60" damage="2" player_weapon="1" grenade="0" cal="556" wizby="2">

<stats caliber="5.56 x 45 mm" rpm="750" velocity="885 m/s" firemodes="SA 3RB FA" capacity="30" info="info_m8" />

<mod mod_id="15" />

<mod mod_id="8" />

<mod mod_id="9" />

</mods>

</weapon_data>

For the backpack i use u_m8_3.xml remember to change inventory to "backpack" and weapon id. Also i could only get one sight to work. No options so i use the red dot sight as default. To do that go to the u_m8_3.xml and change <var name="top_mod" value="iron_sight" to "m8_combatsight"

<!-- Mods -->

<var name="top_mount" value=""/>

<var name="top_mod" value="m8_combatsight"/>

<var name="front_mod" value=""/>

<var name="bottom_mod" value=""/>

<var name="grenade_mod" value=""/>

Now I have both scar's in primary and secondary. m8 and m8compact in primary, secondary and backpack; and mp5sd in secondary and backpack.

I put all this in local, english folder and it works fine.

dude, thanks a million... I'll give it a try...

Edit: @ Galil SAR, this was a big help man, thanks! I got it working and have all the guns I want in the primary and secondary tabs. One problem I noticed though, I can't seem to get the sniper rifle into the secondary tab, no matter what I do. It locks up the game everytime. Oh well, I pretty much have what I was asking for originally, so no complaints here.

Also, I've figured out how to get the m8 combatsight option working for the m8-compact.

Here's what I did to get it to work:

There are 4 files you’ll need to edit:

Xml\Mod_data.xml

Xml\Weapon_data.xml

Weapons\u_addons.xml

Strings\Mods.xml

Lets start with the Mods.xml ( found in local\english\Strings\ )

Copy the string id with the m8_combatsight listed in it

(i.e. <string id="mod_m8_combatsight" value="ITI IOSS"/> )

and paste it at the end of the list just before </stringset>

Next rename the id to m8_combatsight2

(i.e. <string id="mod_m8_combatsight2" value="ITI IOSS"/> )

Then save the file. Done.

Next lets work on the u_addons.xml ( found in the local\english\units\weapons\ )

Go to the Non-Iron Sights section and find the M8_combatsight data:

<unit type="weapon" name="m8_combatsight$name_ext" slot="12">

<script_class name="hud" class="HudScope"/>

<model file="/weapons/addons/m8_combat_sight/m8_combat_sight$name_ext.xml"/>

<stats block="addon_data">

<var name="anim_name" value="combatsight"/>

<var name="hud_movie_name" value="crosshair_combatsight_m8"/>

<var name="fov_halfway" value="35"/>

<var name="fov_zoomed" value="10"/>

<var name="has_hud" value="true"/>

<var name="zoom_mouse_sensitivity" value="0.1"/>

<var name="sway_amp" value="0"/>

<var name="sway_lerp" value="0"/>

<var name="speed_to_halfway" value="10.0"/>

<var name="speed_to_unzoomed" value="9.0"/>

</stats>

</unit>

Copy this and past it at the end of the Non-Iron Sights section and rename the

<unit type="weapon" name="m8_combatsight$name_ext" slot="12"> to

<unit type="weapon" name="m8_combatsight2$name_ext" slot="12"> now save the file. Done.

Now lets do the mod_data.xml ( found here: local\english\lib\managers\xml\ )

Find your M8 combatsight data and copy and paste it under the original or at the end (I don’t think it matters too much). Now rename the unit_name to m8_combatsight2 and change the mod_id from 15 to 21 like so:

<mod_data unit_name="m8_combatsight" mod_id="15" name="combatsight" mod_slot="top" price="50">

<bar_stats accuracy="0.95" stability="0.6" weight="0.2" impact="0.5"/>

</mod_data>

<mod_data unit_name="m8_combatsight2" mod_id="21" name="combatsight" mod_slot="top" price="50">

<bar_stats accuracy="0.95" stability="0.6" weight="0.2" impact="0.5"/>

</mod_data>

Save the file. Done.

Last one, edit the weapon_data.xml ( also found here: local\english\lib\managers\xml\ )

Find your m8-compact(s) data and add a new mod id line changing the mod id from 8 to 21, like so: (original data first for example)

<weapon_data unit="m8_compact" name="m8_compact" weapon_id="7" inventory_slot="secondary" gui_unit="m8_compact" price="80" damage="1" player_weapon="1" grenade="0" cal="556" wizby="2">

<stats caliber="5.56 x 45 mm" rpm="750" velocity="740 m/s" firemodes="SA FA 3RB" capacity="100" info="info_m8_compact"/>

<bar_stats accuracy="0.3" stability="0.3" weight="1.5" impact="0.6"/>

<mods front="true" top="true" bottom="false">

<mod mod_id="7" default="1"/>

<mod mod_id="8"/>

</mods>

(new mod option data)

<weapon_data unit="m8_compact_2" name="m8_compact" weapon_id="48" inventory_slot="primary" gui_unit="m8_compact" price="80" damage="1" player_weapon="1" grenade="0" cal="556" wizby="2">

<stats caliber="5.56 x 45 mm" rpm="750" velocity="740 m/s" firemodes="SA FA 3RB" capacity="100" info="info_m8_compact"/>

<bar_stats accuracy="0.3" stability="0.3" weight="1.5" impact="0.6"/>

<mods front="true" top="true" bottom="false">

<mod mod_id="7" default="1"/>

<mod mod_id="8"/>

<mod mod_id="21"/>

</mods>

Save the file. Done.

That’s all there is too it… good luck!

Edited by The Ossus Keeper

• 2 weeks later...

the weight of those weapons should immobilize you.... Multiplayer???

Yeah but the problem is, I am a html dummy, I read and re-read those posts above and yet...nothing. I would seriously jack up my game if I even tried that, so I am patient and hopeful, some would even dare call me optimistic (all lies I tell ya)

Lots of useful info--thanks. Was interested in modding kits and weapons for the PC version of game but could not find any of the files you mentioned either on my HD or on the install CD. Any ideas?

Thanks

gromualdo

I have a M8 in my primary, secondary and backpack. Here's what you do. Go to units, weapons and open u_m8.xml and make a duplicate copy and name it u_m8_2.xml, then change the line <unit type="weapon" name="m8$name_ext" to "m8_2$name_ext"

<xdefine name="m8( name_ext )">

<unit type="weapon" name="m8_2$name_ext" slot="12">

<model file="/weapons/m8/m8$name_ext.xml"/>

<depends_on unit="m8_mag$name_ext"/>

<depends_on unit="m8_ironsight$name_ext"/>

<depends_on unit="m8_combatsight$name_ext"/>

<depends_on unit="xm320$name_ext"/>

<script_class name="base" class="BulletWeapon"/>

<stats block="base_data"/>

<stats block="weapon_data">

Go to <var name="inventory_slot" value="primary"/> and change to "secondary"

</stats>

<var name="inventory_slot" value="secondary"/>

</stats>

<sounds>

<soundbank name="m8_sound$name_ext"/>

<soundbank name="foley_rifle_sound"/>

<default_soundsource source="sound"/>

Then go to lib, managers, xml and open weapon_data.xml make dup <weapon_data unit="m8" and change to <weapon_data unit="m8_2" then change weapon id="6" to "43"

<weapon_data unit="m8" name="m8" weapon_id="6" inventory_slot="primary" gui_unit="m8" price="60" damage="2" player_weapon="1" grenade="0" cal="556" wizby="2">

<mod mod_id="15" />

<mod mod_id="8" />

<mod mod_id="9" />

</mods>

</weapon_data>

<weapon_data unit="m8_2" name="m8" weapon_id="43" inventory_slot="secondary" gui_unit="m8" price="60" damage="2" player_weapon="1" grenade="0" cal="556" wizby="2">

<mod mod_id="15" />

<mod mod_id="8" />

<mod mod_id="9" />

</mods>

</weapon_data>

For the backpack i use u_m8_3.xml remember to change inventory to "backpack" and weapon id. Also i could only get one sight to work. No options so i use the red dot sight as default. To do that go to the u_m8_3.xml and change <var name="top_mod" value="iron_sight" to "m8_combatsight"

<!-- Mods -->

<var name="top_mount" value=""/>

<var name="top_mod" value="m8_combatsight"/>

<var name="front_mod" value=""/>

<var name="bottom_mod" value=""/>

<var name="grenade_mod" value=""/>

Now I have both scar's in primary and secondary. m8 and m8compact in primary, secondary and backpack; and mp5sd in secondary and backpack.

I put all this in local, english folder and it works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

the weight of those weapons should immobilize you.... Multiplayer???

Sounds just like a lack of skills really, why not just mod the ammo packs to be in the secondary slot and increase the numbers of the clips? That way you can carry an equivalent amount of ammo, but not weighed down so much.

Edited by EricJ