Ghost Recon.net Forums
Mig1

First pseudo add-on weapon

If you have the latest patch, you will only be able to join servers with the same mods and same patch level.

So there needs to be info on which mods the server's running, with in GRAW a possibillity to activate-deactivate mods like used to in GR..... Anyone agrees?

Nice, you doing all of the weapons?

BTW Mig1, thanks for the modification, but do you think for an update you can add the vertical grip to the MR-C as well as the Aimpoint? The addition of the SN-3 has made it alot easier, helped out in Strong Point :)

Edited by EricJ

Well honestly I'm not too keen on the grip, but the Aimpoint is preferred

Okay, time to put the foot in the mouth. Is the one here on Gr.net the one that is 0.0? While the 0.95 version adds the other scopes to the MR-C?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got the 0.95 version, and that was what I was looking for..

Edited by EricJ

BTW, thanks for the MR-C/M68, it's tres magnifique ;)

Hey Mig1, I managed to make a 6.8 SPC MR-C. I use the baseline xmls from this mod, and so far it's working okay. Only thing is I edited it so AI can use it with no CTDs. Only thing is I tried to adjust the magazine capacity (to reflect of course the larger round) and at the major stumbling block as even then it doesn't change.

What happens when the list of weapons goes beyond the space available in the selections screen? There is no scroll arrow or anything like that. Is that something that could cause problems in the future, or is it taken care of already?

Umm ... good question :huh:

I would hope that GRIN would have assumed that with moding tools and the GR community as it is (single mods for [GR] having added hundreds of weapons at a time) they would have incuded some kind of scrol bar if the weapon list becomes to long ... hopefully it just will only apear if the list is to long (like on most windows screens)

... hopefully ...

Clark

Sorry for posting twice in a row, but ...

I finally got a chance to really play this wonderful mod this afternoon and have some observations:

For starters I also seem to be having an aimpoint problem with the EoTech, in my case the weapon shoots right on the point of aim, but the whole reticule is shifted down in the scope, like this:

grawhdsbk5.jpg

I'm not sure if it's becouse I am running an LCD at 1280x1024, although my guess is that the aiming animation is still set for the Aimpoint

That was really my only major problem while playing, though I have not tried any of the weapons with the SN-3 scope yet ... speaking of which the SN-3 on the MP-5 seems to be an odd choice, it does not sit on the mounting rail right, and would hit both the front sight post and the cocking handle; besides it's rather unrealistic - the MP-5 is not nearly accuret enough at range to warrent that type of scope.

Finally, on a really nit-picky note, the US Army M-68 CCO is essentially an Aimpoint CompM - which is rather old and not NVG compatible; it might be best to change the name to a newer version, like the Aimpoint CompX2. :whistle:

Anyway, on the whole I love it! GRAW is so much better with a 6.8mm weapon in my hands! :g_guns:

Clark

The US Army uses the Comp M2 (M68 CCO), the original CompM is being phased out due to them starting to die out.

As for the scope view, I get the same thing, so I stick with the Aimpoint.

The MP5 with SN-3 is a bad choice, I'm more accurate with the Aimpoint :)

Didn't know that, though I still hear that many SF teams are opting for more modern scopes they get directly from Aimpoint as opposed to the Army-issued M-68s.

Alright, glad to know it's not just me - it must be the SCAR animation then; same problem as with the Aimpoint on the MP-5 and Mk. 48 :( I was really looking forward to using the EoTech on the SCAR too, the Aimpoint view is just to restrictive. I really can't wait for more modding tools so we can get an ACOG, or even better an SN-12 scope.

Clark

Yeah the one I have is personally own, but overall is the same scope issued. I just wanted something for myself.

And more than likely I'd give the AI the other scopes, as said, it's just not right for player use obvioiusly. But I agree, the scope mounting on the SCAR is too far back, which is why I use the mounting on the MR-C as it's far enough to see where you're moving to when using the scope view.