First pseudo add-on weapon

Mig1

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys.

I do not as yet have an answer as to why the reticules are zeroed for some people and not for others.

On my machine all the optics (except the M8 sight, which I haven't tried) are zeroed correctly.

At this point, I have a new skin, which I will redo again, I have changed the ammo type so you cannot battlefield pickup from G36 mags, and I have increased the damage for balance. I felt the 6.8 should do a little more than average damage, as it in real life maintains ballistics close to the 7.62x51 but maintains the 5.56x45's capability to yaw and fragment.

Plus it makes up for the fact that you cannot battlefield pickup.

Edited by Mig1

^ Oh, I've already adjusted some things as well.

Its interesting, cause if you look at the damage stats for the PSG, it gets an 8 in the xml file. The SCAR H gets only a 3 or 4...and it takes the same round. I know the barrel on the SCAR is shorter, but to reduce the terminal balistics by half or more is pushing it...

Although it might have been ok for an experiment I think that adding the M8 sight to the SCAR is a lame idea. This kind of reflex sight is already inferior to the Aimpoint/EO. An idea taken from the G36 it's field of view sucks. You will see German Special operation forces mount an EOTech instead. I say drop it from the mod.

EC.

any news on scopes for the MR-C ??

i would like to see the sniper or the aimpoint on the MR-C

don't know if that has much issues but it would be nice :D

like the mod, but i found that i only use scar H with snipescope

This is a good mod indeed.... for COOP

I personally think this mod or change adding or whatever you wanna call it is a cheat.

Why ? Because players are able to use this in any game even on Domination.

People that dont own or run the mod wont be able to use these tools wich makes it an unfair advantage !.

How are people able to play a fair match scrim or anything ?

Cause you dont know if they are using this mod or not !

I think bringing out such mods is bad for the GRAW community and modders should wait untill GRAW supports mod selection just as in the former versions of Ghost Recon.

Im not trying to give the mod a bad name because it is nice work the only problem is that your able to use it anytime and on every server.

Totally agree. This mod essentially gives people a fully auto sniper rifle in MP,and thats total BS.

This is a good mod indeed.... for COOP

I personally think this mod or change adding or whatever you wanna call it is a cheat.

Why ? Because players are able to use this in any game even on Domination.

People that dont own or run the mod wont be able to use these tools wich makes it an unfair advantage !.

How are people able to play a fair match scrim or anything ?

Cause you dont know if they are using this mod or not !

I think bringing out such mods is bad for the GRAW community and modders should wait untill GRAW supports mod selection just as in the former versions of Ghost Recon.

Im not trying to give the mod a bad name because it is nice work the only problem is that your able to use it anytime and on every server.

Totally agree. This mod essentially gives people a fully auto sniper rifle in MP,and thats total BS.

everyone can use it or not, those who use it makes it a cheat,

the mod is only a little extra to a game, it is not the cheat it self

like those who say guns don't kill, people do,..... mods don't cheat, people do !

modding is essential to the life of this game, the more we learn about the game before the modding tools are released the better we understand the tools themselfs and their potentials

people will use it as a cheat but that does not make the maker or the mod a bad person or thing

this is a great mod, those who use it in DOM are cheaters !

yes thanks very much for the mod, except for the fact that since it can be used by someone in multiplayer while playing with people who do not have the mod, this "mod" is in fact a cheat. Personally, I would like to see modders wait until the game has something built into it that restricts the use of mods to servers that have them enabled, like in GR1. Otherwise, you have an unfair advantage when using it, which is, by definition, cheating.

Everyone in this community has been up in arms about the lack of an anticheat, and yet, a "mod" that increases your firepower relative to the rest of the players and gives you a FREE sniper scope on any rifle in the inventory is viewed as a GOOD thing? Not quite understanding the logic...

like those who say guns don't kill, people do,..... mods don't cheat, people do !

modding is essential to the life of this game, the more we learn about the game before the modding tools are released the better we understand the tools themselfs and their potentials

people will use it as a cheat but that does not make the maker or the mod a bad person or thing

So, knowing it can be used in multiplayer, why release it when there is still no proper mod support? Unless the mod functions as a mod, it is no longer a mod, it is a HACK. A CHEAT. Why not wait to release it? The modder is just as responsible to the deterioration of the community as those who use it, in this case.

yes thanks very much for the mod, except for the fact that since it can be used by someone in multiplayer while playing with people who do not have the mod, this "mod" is in fact a cheat. Personally, I would like to see modders wait until the game has something built into it that restricts the use of mods to servers that have them enabled, like in GR1. Otherwise, you have an unfair advantage when using it, which is, by definition, cheating.

Everyone in this community has been up in arms about the lack of an anticheat, and yet, a "mod" that increases your firepower relative to the rest of the players and gives you a FREE sniper scope on any rifle in the inventory is viewed as a GOOD thing? Not quite understanding the logic...

So, knowing it can be used in multiplayer, why release it when there is still no proper mod support? Unless the mod functions as a mod, it is no longer a mod, it is a HACK. A CHEAT. Why not wait to release it? The modder is just as responsible to the deterioration of the community as those who use it, in this case.

what if it was for SP use ??

you MP guys have narrow views,

i understand that it must suck that someone can auto snipe you but the one cheating is the cheater,

modders, and surely at this stage, learn the basics of a game and that is very important, even for MP side of this game

we SP guys ask for the mods because we like and encourage the mods and modders because they contribute to this game,

you can say what you want but a cheater could just by following the forum create his own cheats if it is the weapons modding forum or skin modding forum, XML guides are all over

download the mod and use it yourself, or just accept the fact that it can be used for cheating

which does not make the mod a cheat,

this is the start of how a game can get a long lasting life, don't blame the modders for the lack of innitial mod support, or lack of anti cheat tools, don't blame modders for making a great SP mod which can be used as a cheat because the anti cheat is not yet there, or there is no mod support ingame yet, modders mod and gamers game, we all do what we do, and so do cheaters with or without mods like this

To say that it's a cheat is grossly unfair, while it could be used as such, that's not why it was made. If you are worried about cheating, perhaps you should examine the players with which you are playing with/against, :nono: before casting such aspersions.

This is how modding starts, long before tools are released, folks try to see what they can do, with the game they have been given. That's how GR1 got started, and how it's kept its legs.

Gang, I am having a problem in getting this mod to work, and it is beyond my capabilities. I am sort of a computer rock. I followed the instructions, unzipped to the C drive, then I moved the file over to my GRAW location. Nothing.

Could anyone be so kind as to give me some step by step guidance here? I really want to try this out, but I just don't know enough to know if I am doing it right and it just won't work, or I am just doing it wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

What I have been seeing is for some reason or another it is not getting extracted properly and rebuilding the directory tree. If you are using windows native unzip you should be able to double click the file and drag and drop the local folder into your GRAW directory. The local folder needs to exist at the same level as your data directory.

Now for some updates:

New version

1. Removed blood mod so that you have to get it seperatly. By request.

2. Removed M8 sight from SCARs... it was ugly.

3. Added M8 sight option to M8 compact. By request.

4. Changed the ammo code to Crye instead of 556. Now you can not pick up ammo from dead enemies. I tried and tried to get a new ammo type to work, but no dice. I ended up falling back to using the one I knew you would never see in the game.

5. Increased damage on the Mod1 for two reasons:

A. To represent the better wound charactersics of the 6.8 vs 5.56 and 7.62 when using FMJ ammo.

B. Since you cannot pickup ammo any more, I have come damn close to not being able to finish a mission by running out. Think of it as a balancing factor.

6. Changed the U.S. soldiers at the embasy from using the M8 with irons to using a Mk16 Mod0 with an aimpoint.

7. Made the default mod on the M8 the optic instead of the irons (what was GRIN thinking?).

8. Added new multicam skin to the Mk16 Mod1 to make it more identifyable in game.

multicamscar.jpg