First pseudo add-on weapon

Mig1

What I did to install the mod is unpack the file to my C drive. I then went into the extracted file and copied the local folder and contents to my main GRAW directory. You do NOT have to unbundle anything. The local folder contains all the files required to run the mod.

The only problem I have is running the game in 800x600 is that the weapon options cover the equip button making it tough to select the items I want. I can do it, just a little tough.

Again, this is a great mod. Worth the download as it requires no unbundling or anything to work. It also works just fine with patch 1.6.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is correct. No unbundling require, GRAW checks the local folder before checking the bundle for files.

SaS_Gc Razz, I haven't played it in multiplayer yet, but I imagine it would crash the game becuase it has new(ish) diesel files and textures. The other people playing would KNOW something was up.

THIS IS NOT A SUPER WEAPON. All the stats that are important are averages of the 556 and 762 stats, it even just so happens that PRI's 25 round mag is an average of the 20 and 30 round mags.

This should maintain the balance of gameplay.

SaS_Gc Razz, I haven't played it in multiplayer yet, but I imagine it would crash the game becuase it has new(ish) diesel files and textures. The other people playing would KNOW something was up.

THIS IS NOT A SUPER WEAPON. All the stats that are important are averages of the 556 and 762 stats, it even just so happens that PRI's 25 round mag is an average of the 20 and 30 round mags.

This should maintain the balance of gameplay.

It does work in MP. Tried it last night.

SP missions are easy with a 7.62 and snipe scope

no more firefights and it is actually one shot one kill most of the time

(hard settings do not feel so hard.... but it might be just because i just started over again)

like the weapons mod it is sure great playing with

could the mr-c be equiped with various scopes ??

although i am fond of scar H i would like to see what a mr-c would do with red dot or snipe scope

thanks for this great mod any way, it is very good

What I did to install the mod is unpack the file to my C drive. I then went into the extracted file and copied the local folder and contents to my main GRAW directory. You do NOT have to unbundle anything. The local folder contains all the files required to run the mod.

The only problem I have is running the game in 800x600 is that the weapon options cover the equip button making it tough to select the items I want. I can do it, just a little tough.

Again, this is a great mod. Worth the download as it requires no unbundling or anything to work. It also works just fine with patch 1.6.

I know that it works in MP thats why i dont like the idea that people can be free to modify the game code through XML files.

Having those scopes is a hack in my oppinion cause its not released by the game developer.

People keep on whining about people being better or accusing others of cheating simply due this fact. A blood mod is nice and so is the scope... and yes i have tried it to test it and i noticed the HUGE advantage wich isnt fair to other players. This is mainly the reason of uninstalling mods of any kind.

I will also put in an official complaint about this issue to UBISOFT.

Edited by SaS_Gc Razz

Although I wouldnt consider a mod a hack, this does not detract from the point that Razz is making, that of an unfair advantage, although I would dearly love to have the EOTech on my SCAR, better yet 4X ACOG :yes: Maybe GRIN could consider these for future patches, that way everyone would have 'em :o=

Edited by 3MC .GrindeR.

Yeah, it did work without having the bundle unbundled.

As for this point that's been taken up about an unfair advantage - just play without those mods on the weapons and you're not at an advantage, right?

If someone else uses the mods anyway - then it's thier loss. Once the dedi-servers get up and running, I'm sure they won't last long anyway. Host's might already be taking note of everyone who uses mods - who knows...

Anyway, I had a problem with the aimpoint on the SAW. It still aims with the ironsights. Anyone figured out a fix for this yet?

The next big patch is supposed to have anti-cheap capabilities.

I used to do a lot of modding back in the original Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear days. I still get emails from time to time about my work on those.

Back in those days, if your files didn't match up, it let you know!

is there a different script that runs with the sniper rifle that causes the AI to snipe?

I tried giving an AI teammate a Mk.17 w/ the powered scope hoping that I would have a designated marksman, but he still just rock and rolls with the gun.

Any way around this?

This is a good mod indeed.... for COOP

I personally think this mod or change adding or whatever you wanna call it is a cheat.

Why ? Because players are able to use this in any game even on Domination.

People that dont own or run the mod wont be able to use these tools wich makes it an unfair advantage !.

How are people able to play a fair match scrim or anything ?

Cause you dont know if they are using this mod or not !

I think bringing out such mods is bad for the GRAW community and modders should wait untill GRAW supports mod selection just as in the former versions of Ghost Recon.

Im not trying to give the mod a bad name because it is nice work the only problem is that your able to use it anytime and on every server.

Coop, yes this is an great mod.

A cheat for domination? I don't think it is any more of a cheat than some one using a lagacy CPU and someone using a top of the line CPU who dominates all other players in the game.

Long live Coop!

Awesome work man! Showing GRIN a thing or two about how this game should be!

Here is a little inspiration for you modders.

SCAR-L with scope and 18 inch barrel + suppressor

IMG_0230.JPG

This gun is exactly what I am looking for in the game. Could you MOd this one too?

I like the long range capability and like to carry a side arm or the M8.

Just don't offer this gun with a Gernade Launcher.

wilPoPs

Alot of the credit for laying the ground work on this goes to veneratio.

He figured out how to realign the Eotech, in fact it is his code in the mod.

Well, the Aimpoint on my SAW wasn't aligned correctly - still aims with ironsights. :wall:

Do I have to change something for it to work, maybe? Or was it just a buggy download I got?...

Alot of the credit for laying the ground work on this goes to veneratio.

He figured out how to realign the Eotech, in fact it is his code in the mod.

Well, the Aimpoint on my SAW wasn't aligned correctly - still aims with ironsights. :wall:

Do I have to change something for it to work, maybe? Or was it just a buggy download I got?...

[/quote

Only the sniper scope is well aligned and work perfectly on the scarL,the eotech are not correctly aligned(like never been tested live playin)and the scope on the MK48 lmg...a joke!

Only work on coop and the other players don't see your 'big scope'...if you dont tell them...they dont know...hope you fixed the other guns, if not took them off they are not useful with false scope...every details is important in this game ...you should do more testing before saiing it is ready to download...this was not ready!

Edited by Rpghard

First off, awesome idea, the 6.8 is delightful, and the fact that I can put something on the weaver rails other than a red dot sight makes me smile.

Sure, the 7.62 with a scope may be "overpowered"... but you could do that in real life anyway, there's nowhere on that mounting rail that says "DO NOT USE A SCOPE".

Couple problems though, first being the zeroing issue everyone else reported so I won't go into detail there.

Second problem would be that my friend and I play co-op, and I can assign the Mk16 Mod1 to my AI squad. The player that isn't squad lead can use the Mk16 Mod1 and the different sights as well, but the team leader must run stock gun or the other player's game crashes. As team leader, if I even put a scope on my Mk16 Mod0; it will crash my other player. He literally just grabs his chest and falls out of the chopper on my screen and gets a fatal error message on his.

Is this problem unique to me or is there a fix...?

I got an error using this mod on the 4th mission...

error:

data\lib\units\ai\fire_team\fireteam.das (-1)

can't find member: human_data in type <void>

data\lib\units\extensions\groupunit.dsf (0) x3

end error:

don't know what happened, I removed the mod and the game worked fine after that, don't know if it was a fluke or what...

I'm up to the shanty town mission, and have been using the mod since like, level 2.

As for the alignment issue. I wonder if it is affected by screen resolution or something, becuase they are pretty much dead on in my game, at 1024x768, 32bit color and 70hz refresh.