GRAW stability patch, 1.10

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed an odd one tonight. When i type a message out, it sometimes clears what i write after hitting the space bar. For instance i hit the "y" key to type a message. Then i can get 2 or 3 words typed till I hit the space bar and it clears the text field. It's not a game breaker but it's definately annoying to say the least.

Day 2 of new install on second Hard Drive!

Still seeing the crashes, not as frequent but they are still there.

The application, E:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\GRAW.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 05/28/2006 @ 12:13:55.562 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 0042CDF1 (GRAW)

Faulting application graw.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module graw.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0002cdf1.

The application, E:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\GRAW.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 05/28/2006 @ 12:13:55.562 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 0042CDF1 (GRAW)

Faulting application graw.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module graw.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0002cdf1.

I'm still getting random crashes as well. I'm really getting kind of tired of playing the game now. I think it's a sync issue that is causing a memory leak in GRAW. I usually only see this crash when I'm hosting co-op for more than 1 other person. It think it loses sync with one of the other players, keeps trying to reestablish that sync even though the other players actually fine and eventually creates a memory conflict and the game just crashes out. I'm not a programmer though, and this is just a guess judging by the problems you and I are both having.

I'm still getting random crashes as well. I'm really getting kind of tired of playing the game now. I think it's a sync issue that is causing a memory leak in GRAW. I usually only see this crash when I'm hosting co-op for more than 1 other person. It think it loses sync with one of the other players, keeps trying to reestablish that sync even though the other players actually fine and eventually creates a memory conflict and the game just crashes out. I'm not a programmer though, and this is just a guess judging by the problems you and I are both having.

Are you using A NO CD/DVD crack.????

Post all fault logs for the game in Winxp, and a week before you installed.

Cntrl Panel.

Admin Tools.

Event viewer.

Error logs for system

error logs for applications.

Ta.

I'm running the retail version with the CD/DVD. My crash information was posted above a while ago. I can dump the rest of it if needed.

I had no errors for the week prior to installing GRAW. I had BF2 crash after installing some mod that destroyed the engine. Had to re-install the game for that.

Before you ask I have no attempted to modify Ghost Recon yet. I've been playing BF2 for a year now. I wanted a change in pace. I haven't even had the chance to really taste much of GRAW's coop online due to this crashing issue.

I do have some error logs after installing GRAW with my virus scanner crashing out while trying to perform an automatic update while I lost my internet connection. Cable company was dropping connection left and right. Once that was resolved I started playing GRAW again, and things seemed okay. Random crashes were very limited then. After updating to 1.10 it got more frequent.

Again my 2 logs from 1.10 are posted above. The other logs are from 1.02 and 1.06, but I can post those as well if needed, and I get dump the rest of the code if needed.

Edited by denkigrve

Joseph thats not a bug its a trick to enhance performance.

I dont believe that distant textures are messed up that bad i purpose. It makes sniping unpleasant experience. Look what i'm talking about -> Short Clip

It's like that for me online. In SP it's better. I only notice it on certain maps. Not all of them. I also only play coop. It's definitely a feature to improve FPS rate by only drawing necessary items that are within a certain FOV, and then sharpening them when you get closer.

Edited by denkigrve

I dont believe that distant textures are messed up that bad i purpose. It makes sniping unpleasant experience. Look what i'm talking about -> Short Clip

It's like that for me online. In SP it's better. I only notice it on certain maps. Not all of them. I also only play coop. It's definitely a feature to improve FPS rate by only drawing necessary items that are within a certain FOV, and then sharpening them when you get closer.

Well, if Diesel engine is not powerfull enough to show regular textures 200 m away with limited ( city) FOV than im afraid there will be serious problem with open maps in future :(

Passed on good point, can you pass me your in game settings complete please, and comp specs.

For the key issues... GRIN stated you must DELETE your old profile and create a new one and re-assign the keys... I didn't have to for MP but for Co-op using the crosscom i bet i would. Have any of you tried this?

i too, am having the assigned key issues with the cross com.

forgive me for potentially asking a rhetorical question, but if i delete my old profile, doesnt that mean that all the saved games i've accumulated up to this point will be deleted?

thanks

Large1' date='May 30 2006, 11:10 PM' post='381064']

I updated with the newest patch and now I can't even launch the game. Yes I'm sure I got the right version 1.10 retail. Does any one know of a fix for this?

Did you install the D2D patch first? If so you'll need to re-install. My friend did that. Just trying to patch it with the retail won't work. You need to completely re-install the game, and then patch it.

Passed on good point, can you pass me your in game settings complete please, and comp specs.

My spec :

Asus A8N5X

Athlon 64 Venice 3000

RAM 1280 mb

MSI GF 7600 GT

Soundblaster live!

GRAW Retail DVD version 1.10

Game configuration:

Resolution 1024x768

Textures quality MEDIUM

Textures filtering ANISOTROPIC x8

Effects HIGH

Brightnes 1.00

Dynamic Shadows HIGH

Dynamic Lights ON

Post effect MEDIUM

I also noticed some funny stuff about trees. When you get right under a tree look up and spin aroud you'll get some kind of kaleidoscope effect :) -> clip

Edited by Joseph_Q

forgive me for potentially asking a rhetorical question, but if i delete my old profile, doesnt that mean that all the saved games i've accumulated up to this point will be deleted?

Not sure on this as i haven't played much single player. Can anyone else confirm this for him?

Not sure on this as i haven't played much single player. Can anyone else confirm this for him?

I think what is meant there is just the xml file in that folder.

NOT THE WHOLE FOLDER.

Upto date from this point. TA.

I think what is meant there is just the xml file in that folder.

NOT THE WHOLE FOLDER.

Upto date from this point. TA.

thanks. i checked the xml file for the key bindings, and it still shows that the key i have the cross com mapped to, 'J', is in the xml file. did that make sense?

also, when i have the game launched, and i'm in the options menu for the key bindings, it does show that the cross com mapped to the 'J' key.

it still doesnt work in game.

are there any other ways to resolve this quarky issue?

thanks!

Dedicate another key and see if it does the same.

my mistake. i should've included that in my previous post.

i have tried mapping cross com to another key. i've tried mapping it to 'M', 'L', 'K', etc.

as such, i still cant access the cross com while in game :(