GRAW stability patch, 1.10

Please feel free to give feed back here and to Ubisoft re the patch.

When posting please make sure you give the following details.

Computer Spec.

GRAW Vesion/DVD/CDROM/DOWNLOAD

Error log if saved.

Detailed description of problem, with photo or video evidence.

And the circumstances prior to the problem occuring.

Also check before posting Ubisoft Technicle Support, these issues as you may have realised are being dealt with as quickly as possible.

Also please add any possative feed back on the patch.

Fixes

- Numerous HUD fixes to prevent issues with cameras, inventory screens and resupply.

- Animation and lighting fixes for various objects.

- Fixed general synchronization problems in Cooperative and Domination modes.

- Destructible objects are correctly reset when restarting rounds in multiplayer.

- Issues causing user disconnects in multiplayer have been found and fixed.

- You can no longer remain invisible and kill players using grenades.

- Fixed crash that could occur after restarting rounds on Avenues map.

- Player can no longer spawn dead or remain living when the round restarts.

- Zone glitches on two multiplayer maps corrected.

- Game no longer crashes while attempting to open inventory out of Dom zone.

- Helicopters will no longer fall down in certain situations.

- Cooperative objective waypoints correctly appear after spawning into an AI ghost.

- Domination statistics have been adjusted.

- GRAW will no longer run as process priority "High", resolving keyboard problems.

Interface updates

- Coop players can now see status of others in inventory.

Gray means loading, yellow is not ready, green means good to go.

- You no longer have to press "Enter" to confirm input in the multiplayer interface.

This should fix certain issues users were having with Gamespy login.

- In game chat can now be toggled to be visible or not.

Default key for this is "u". You will still receive chat messages when this is hidden.

- Key bindings added for CrossCom actions.

It is now possible to reassign the CrossCom previous and next buttons through the

game interface. This change will resolve the issue for users with no mouse wheel.

AGEIA updates

- Landscape meshes for levels tuned and updated for better AGEIA performance.

- Performance increase on bullet hit particles.

- Some stalls have been removed.

- A bug that caused zero vertices in baked fluid meshes has been fixed.

- A bug that caused the rigid bodies from a hand grenade explosion to fall through the ground has been fixed.

- A faster rendering mode has been added for debris particles.

- PhysX effects modified to use the faster rendering mode.

This thread is just for feed back no more.

Thanks

Coilin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sound Bug

Beginning of Mayday Mayday on Insertion the Narcom Dialog is being cut off until you land. The other Helo explodes and then it just goes mute until you hit the ground and then the next briefing is fine.

Sound is on High, EAX on, Audigy 2 ZS latest drivers

This has been around since the demo, 1.10 didnt fix it:

Game crashes to desktop, and leaves the computer at terrible resolution and color settings. Rebooting fixes the settings, and I'm good to play some more.

I have noticed that even though I have been playing for several hours per day it has only happened to me 3 times, while my brother plays for maybe 20 minutes per day and it pretty much always happened to him. I decided it must have to do with the way we play, and I asked him to note what he is doing when it crashes. I just got home to find the desktop all messed up again, and he says that he thinks it is when he is running (holding shift), and strafing at the same time. Definetly always happens when he is running.

How can I get more technical information on a crash like that?

Colin it may have been a fluke I looked in my Audio XML and it read EAX=False but in game it was checked I edited the XML to true so I restarted the mission and it was fine

Ta mate its still not right though.

It seems as its recognising your card and its config properly.

This has been around since the demo, 1.10 didnt fix it:

Game crashes to desktop, and leaves the computer at terrible resolution and color settings. Rebooting fixes the settings, and I'm good to play some more.

I have noticed that even though I have been playing for several hours per day it has only happened to me 3 times, while my brother plays for maybe 20 minutes per day and it pretty much always happened to him. I decided it must have to do with the way we play, and I asked him to note what he is doing when it crashes. I just got home to find the desktop all messed up again, and he says that he thinks it is when he is running (holding shift), and strafing at the same time. Definetly always happens when he is running.

How can I get more technical information on a crash like that?

If it does this it points too either poor driver instal or screen resolution not compatable with in game resolution.

Do check on both unstall driver properly first.

3D guru WEB site have a read there about drivers removal and instal issues.

I just had my first crash to desktop. :(

Was hosting a coop server, playing with 4 guys than 2 died...

And the 3rd was being hit and than suddenly graw crashed to desktop.

I had this in 1.06 as well, but it's totally random. I would check your event viewer to see if there is a log of the error in the application section there and post what you find. It only happens once in a blue moon for me, but it's not too detrimental. To avoid getting it I just reboot my PC before I try to host any co-op gameplay. I'll see if I get it to pop up after 1.10.

I'm still getting random crashes to the desktop while hosting co-op. It's happened with all 3 versions of the game. I've patched to 1.06 and it still happens. Patched to 1.10 and it just happened. I'm running the DVD version of GRAW. The windows crash error states as follow:

Faulting application graq.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x696c7069

I can copy and past the data in bytes or words if desired or needed. I can also post a Direct X dump if needed. I'm running the Omega 6.3 drivers for my ATI card right now as the 6.4 Cats were giving strange errors in the game. Haven't tested 6.5's yet.

My spec:

Athlon 64 3000 Venice

1280 RAM

GF7600GT

Soundblaster live!

GRAW Retail DVD version 1.10

Ok here are few problems/bugs i've noticed.

- I had few crashes during MP, game instantly shut down without any error message.

- Few time i noticed that there were no GL shot sound. It was during MP Domination , i was close to teammate and i only saw smoke from barrel (no sound) and then sound of explosion.

- There is a spot ( on screenshot) where i got stucked ( somewhere between chair, table and palm tree) few times. It is on Downtown map.

graw200605261615393pe.th.jpg

Edited by Joseph_Q

Loaded v1.10 retail up..noticed that Text is screwed up...notice vertical effects on font letter "E".

SCREENSHOT

Also when I went back to play an old SP campaign I noticed that the Mission details & tips are all screwed up...just says part of the sentences ie: "Sneak around behind them" reads as "behind them" all fonts set left...so no missing character spaces.

I tried to get a screengrab using PRINT SCREEN on the campaign load pages but it just shows as Black?!

Hey GRIN if you receive this how about incorporating a Screen grab command so people can easily provide visual evidence of issues rather than Prt Scr & ALT Tabbing all the time. It just drains resource & is time consuming...with a screen grab/dump to a file, I could happily experience more faults & simply hit a key & then write all the bugs up at the end!

Help us to help you to help us

Sys Spec: P4 3.4 HT, 1gb 3200 DDR, Ati X600 Pro 256 (half height card [just in case]), Philips 170C LCD monitor. Catalyst drivers 06.4

The only thing I've noticed is that if I'm hosting a LAN server and the game launches, the countdown doesn't work - it stays saying "5 seconds until launch". I thought I'd made a mistake somewhere, but then all of a sudden I was in game. This happens every time now, irrespective of map.

It should be noticed that I was doing this with the max number of players set to 1, for map learning purposes. I have no idea if the same thing happens for "internet games" with more players.

Joseph thats not a bug its a trick to enhance performance.

I have found an odd bug tho Im not sure how to document it. Sometimes when you are throwing a frag it suddenly goes into slow motion(keep for getting to check for major FPS drop) but I cant say it happens all the time BUT a mate and I were playing some Co-op together tonight(I was hosting 4Mbit/D 1Mbit/U connection) and when I threw a frag HE saw it like it was in Slo-Mo

I'm still getting random crashes to the desktop while hosting co-op. It's happened with all 3 versions of the game. I've patched to 1.06 and it still happens. Patched to 1.10 and it just happened. I'm running the DVD version of GRAW. The windows crash error states as follow:

Faulting application graq.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x696c7069

I can copy and past the data in bytes or words if desired or needed. I can also post a Direct X dump if needed. I'm running the Omega 6.3 drivers for my ATI card right now as the 6.4 Cats were giving strange errors in the game. Haven't tested 6.5's yet.

I got this crash again while hosting a co-op game. It's the exact same error each time it does this. The same fault address as well. This time we were on Strong Point and had just blown up the 3rd objective, and were moving to the roadblock. I was checking cross com and then suddenly I was at the desktop. I can't really enjoy this game right now since it's consistently crashing when we try to play.

A new issue with 1.10 I've just noticed is players suddenly running constantly. It's happened both times I've run a coop mission the past 2 nights. I'm assuming one player loses synch. Everything looks okay to him. The rest of us see him running in place or off into the distance. Yet he sees himself right next to us. This didn't happen until 1.10.

Edited by denkigrve

A new issue with 1.10 I've just noticed is players suddenly running constantly. It's happened both times I've run a coop mission the past 2 nights. I'm assuming one player loses synch. Everything looks okay to him. The rest of us see him running in place or off into the distance. Yet he sees himself right next to us. This didn't happen until 1.10.

This has happened to me in every version.

Problem: Constant Random "Crash to Desktop"

Ubi Support Incident: 060520-000042

Problem: The game crashes randomly. Below you will find what was logged in my Windows Event Viewer. Now for my specs:

Intel P4 3.0Ghz Prescott 1M_L2_Cache Socket 478 (HT enabled)

Biostar PVTG v7.x Motherboard

Muskin Enhanced PC3200 (400MHz) DDR RAM (512x2)

BFG 6800GS AGP 8x 256M Video Card

Antec TruePower 430W Power Supply (One Lead Dedicated to Video Card)

Maxtor SATA150 100G HDD

Creative SoundBlaster Live! Value

Windows XP Pro

Note: I do not have any spyware or adware or any virus for that matter. My system is 100% stable except for this game. I have tested my memory with both memtest86+ 1.65 and windiag. I have also used a video card stability testing program, no problems. The game seems to randomly crash. I am also running the latest patch 1.10. All my drivers are up to date including the AGEIA PhysX which are at v2.4.3. I did use Driver Cleaner Pro and then installed the NVIDIA 91.28 drivers. NOTE: I've tried atleast 3 different NVIDIA drivers. I have went through my windows processes as well and removed any that weren't needed, I also make sure the AGEIA process is running before playing GRAW.

Event Viewer

------------------------

Faulting application graw.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module graw.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00048c80. ----> Today @ 12:12:05

Faulting application graw.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module graw.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000c393e. -----> Today @ 12:03:27

The application, C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\GRAW.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 05/27/2006 @ 11:53:29.515 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 00448C80 (GRAW)

Faulting application graw.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module graw.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00048c80. ------> Today @ 11:53:26

The application, C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\GRAW.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 05/27/2006 @ 05:52:44.171 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 0042CDF1 (GRAW)

Faulting application graw.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module graw.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0002cdf1. --------> Today @ 5:52:36

This game is turning into worse than the old windows blue screen of death joke. I'm starting to feel like a BETA tester. After talking to another person who experiences the same crashes on his $600 ATI Crossfire it really looks like it's the game and not my computer.

Could it be this (see below!)?

NOTICE: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some DVD-RW and virtual drives.

My drive is: NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A (Just updated the firmware to 1.06 from 1.04)

* Will post back if this makes any difference

POST BACK!!!!

Okay well that had zero effect, the game still crashes. On another hard drive in the same PC (It's an IDE ATA/133 80Gig on it's own cable as my primary drive is a SATA150) with a fresh install of Windows XP Pro, Chipset Drivers, Windows Updates, NVIDIA drivers, fresh install of GRAW, fresh install of patch 1.10, and a fresh install of the latest AGEIA drivers the game STILL CRASHES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well now I have used the cool new feature of the NVIDIA 91.28 drivers and monitored the temperature of the GPU while playing CO-OP online. I kept CTL+ALT+DEL to see what it was at and it keeps a 1 hour history as well. I found that on average the temperature was 78degrees and some times at around 82degrees. That can't be it either. See this post!

(BFG. They told me that normal operating temperature range is 40-70°C and under stress, it can go up to 80°C) at http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=11375

Edited by kingsnakeusmc2

Crosscom button, mouse 2, doesnt work anymore, even if i map it to another key. Tried it in de demo again, and it works fine, so it's not an hardware problem. Guess i'll go back to 1.06.

Yeah, I am having the same problem. After installing patch 1.10 my cross-com button, mouse2, does not work.

I tried mapping it to the Enter key, X key, =, etc, etc. Nothing makes the cross com button function any longer.

I am using a Logitech MX510 mouse with the latest drivers.

Before the patch everything worked all right.

And after the patch everything works. Just this button.