This Game is a Joke

I must say this game is a complete joke...

Who would design a game with parameters and levels of performance that this gae requires.

A FPS of 75 is is about as reachable as noahs ark in turkey.

I feel i was ripped off for 100 bucks , as i have to buy 2 coipies one for my son, myself and now i find out my dedicated copy i have purchased will not run on my box as well..

Some 2003 windows prob...

It has become inhearently clear that the gaming industry could care less about performance and more about getting the game out there and worrying about other crap later..

We (www.emfclan.com) all installed [Ghost Recon] last night and i must say it was better and even performed better then this newly release version..

Welll this is my little vent because i really feel i was screwed in this latest release.

Grin is a joke and so is there design team

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang around a while mate and have a look in tech support & also take note that in one way or another we have all had some strong feeling about it, I know I have. So venting is good but its a little old hat to slap the forum with just a negative vent & then not much else.

...and even performed better then this newly release version..

of course it performs better, it's five years old. i run pacman with 500+ fps, and still consider newer games worth buying because of (among other things) neat graphics that immerse the player deeper into the game, adding to the atmosphere.

GRAW is hardware-wise among the most demanding games i know, but it's also (along with oblivion) the most beautiful game i've seen, surpassing HL2 and BF2 by miles.

that being said, i believe this game will see major, lasting support as time goes by. when you're getting a first release out the door and being pushed hard by your publisher like grin was, it's bound to have some issues that have to be adressed at a later point (like dedicated server files).

i'm sure grin will deliver :g_withgrin:

Edited by LosOutlandos

GRAW is hardware-wise among the most demanding games i know, but it's also (along with oblivion) the most beautiful game i've seen, surpassing HL2 and BF2 by miles.

Surpassing HL2 and BF2 by miles. :rofl:

Man, you better check yourself. The only "proof" that GRAW looks better than BF2 is when you look at the early screenshots released by UBI. NOONE has managed to produce that kind of screenshots. This game is still a complete mess and in June I will check out the patch. Hopefully it's a major patch. Just look at the MP part of the game. Jesus.

GRIN really needs to step it up. Big time. :thumbsup:

Edited by ::db::Korven

EMF VIRUS... it WORKS in windows 2003 Standard Server R2... Even with a TI600 or FX5200... i tested it with both. Our game server AttackforceZ is on a Windows 2003 server. It has to be something with your configuration so i guess the joke is you ;) (just ragging you mate)

Ask some questions in tech support... i may be able to help you out since i am a computer/network tech

Edited by ROCOAFZ

How long has [Ghost Recon] been out for? A few years? How long has GRAW been out for? A few weeks. [GR] had atleast 4 patches, and there were also 2 expansions. GRAW has had 1 hotfix so far. But I guess this game isn't for everyone, we don't want complainers here, so see ya and I won't miss ya.

Edited by Prodigy

Prodigy

I can see everyones view , what i am disappointed in is that they would release a game like this and expect everyone just to sit here and deal with it.

I am not venting the game sucks i was just stating that the lack of forethought put in to development and then they just sit back and see how much money the game makes..

In our group we have a few people that were involved in the development of a few games in the MOHAA series and its just that..

Get the game out make the money off the people then when and if it is a profit offer support..

Hell look at call of duty 2

They have already have call of duty 3 set for a release...

So whats that mean cod2 is less then a yr old and it has had one patch... 1

So we just spent 50 dollars for a game that will have no support with the release of cod3.

hell they dropped vcod.

Im not arguing i was just stating that these people look at money rather then careless on how the consumer views its product.

And ya know what if they released GRAW 2 in july for 50 dollars, we all would go right out and get it..

Whats gonna stop them from this?

Was it fair to have people pay 50 dollars for a product we have to wait to get 75% of the community to run multiplayer?

less then 25% of the gaming community uses 2 gig of ram and less then 25% have 3 gig machines.

Now guess how many have 512 cards......

I have a stout machine and im not impressed, but hell ill wait a month after paying 50 bucks to see if multiplayer is fixed.

Most games are not perfect on release it's true but it seems GRAW excels in jacking people off. ;) I mean what percentage of systems out there can even run it? I know mine can't.

It's true the original GR was released way back when but when it was released it could practically run on anything. I started it off on a Voodoo 2 or something crazy, then got excited when i bought a Gforce3 and could turn the shadows on.

Anyway it just seems a bit 'dare i say' lazy to have the game incapable of scalling down to fit some of our older machines (when i say old i mean 2.4 athlong, 5950u card, 1 gig ram).

When i played BF2 i was very very very annoyed at being told i'm off mission area when i could have hit the building i was flanking with a 203 nade lauch. I hear the same stupid restrictions are in GRAW.

On a final note and a bit off topic. Please, please, please, please can you American stop using the phrase "could care less".

It's "Couldn't care less" meaning that someoone cares so little that it's impossible to care any less I.E. they care the absolute minimum . . hence 'i couldn't care less'.

If you say 'I could care less' then all you are saying is i care a certain amount and i could care less. That there fore gives us no clue as to how much you do or don't care.

So, it's "I couldn't care less" ok. ;)

We know the game is not complete. They know the game is not complete. GRIN had half the amount of time to get the game ready for launch, as most Dev teams get close to 3 years to make a game, they only had 1.5 years. Im not completely happy with the final product, but I can tell you they did a hell of a job with what time they had to work with.

Its kinda like having a baby. You cant expect the baby to be born succesful , you have to patch them through there young years to get them there. Same with game, give it alittle TLC and hope for the best.

Also CoD3 is console only. for now that is.

They really aren't expecting us to deal with it. They already said they are releasing a pretty major patch in June, and they calim they will be supporting the game for a long time. I also just read that they hope to do some expansion packs in the future.

Voodoo 2

How much did you pay for it back then?

I dropped 175$ on an elsa erazer geforce 256 32mb card to play GR1 I thought it was great but still couldn't run anything on anything higher then medium with shadows.

Guess what..

For GRAW i dropped 220$ for a Geforce 6800GS and get the same result. Everything medium but ... a resolution of 1280x1024.

Same price to upgrade for both games to play decent and for it to look decent.

I must say this game is a complete joke...

Who would design a game with parameters and levels of performance that this gae requires.

A FPS of 75 is is about as reachable as noahs ark in turkey.

I feel i was ripped off for 100 bucks , as i have to buy 2 coipies one for my son, myself and now i find out my dedicated copy i have purchased will not run on my box as well..

Some 2003 windows prob...

It has become inhearently clear that the gaming industry could care less about performance and more about getting the game out there and worrying about other crap later..

We (www.emfclan.com) all installed [Ghost Recon] last night and i must say it was better and even performed better then this newly release version..

Welll this is my little vent because i really feel i was screwed in this latest release.

Grin is a joke and so is there design team

Did you call the police and report the guys who held a gun to your head when you bought the game?

As I recall it was pretty much out there everywhere you loooked that the retail ship was incomplete.

Having just suffered through 6 months of COD2 where IW snubbed the people who bought the game almost daily and waited 5 months to release an Anti-cheat and 2 new maps and never even bothered to fix balance issues that were present out of the box...I think the support GRIN has shown in the community is OUTSTANDING.

Have Faith

:g_withgrin:

well our dedi server with primary target wont run it either and its on windows server 2003. matter of fact it ###### the machine up. so yeah this game is a joke to me also. i mean damn near everygame i play from gr1 to now has had dedi files released to or able to run the game in dedi mode on a dedi server (like cod2) not only that but you can hack the crap out of this game why didnt they protect the files? and i didnt buy 2 GRAW's just for graphics i bought it for MP laddering, and it dont beat out HF2. doesnt even come close.

Virus did you ever get your Pc from Bray?

Tell me though, why run games on a server operating system? Or, why buy a game for a machine that is hardly going to run it?

Infact, as games become more complex, the group of systems that it is made for is going to thin out. It says on the back it's suposed to be ran on 2K/XP, don't be surprised and disapointed if it doesn't, eventhough I can imagine you're frustrated.

Edited by pHk

im looking right now on 4 game boxes that are sitting on my desk not a single one says anything about a windows server 2003. and WOW they run fine on my dedi.

2nd we arent running our dedi from a home type pc. alot of clans RENT servers. and you cant choose what os you want. (linux or windows only ) no choice of xp or xp pro. lmao

3rd GRAW as same specs as the other games

CBA what kind of error are you getting? Are you running the game at the same time as others? (have you checked your event logs as 2000-2003 all log any appication errors)

Works fine for us, but GRAW is the only game running on the server.

Did GR1 have issues for you also or didn't you try it on the server either?

What are your system specs... post all this over in tech support and we can help you out.

Tell me though, why run games on a server operating system? Or, why buy a game for a machine that is hardly going to run it?

The server 2003 R2 is provided by Microsoft to me for free (our company pays 300 a quarter for it) with 5 client via our companies Action pack. I could run something else on the hardware i assembled for it but i also use it for my own personal training. It is set as a domain controller for a 3 station network at my home connected to static verizon business dsl at 3mb by 768. I am using the server also as the router and firewall via RAS.

I have never had an issue running a game with it, including graw, but it is also a server i built, not a brand name with integrated nor a rackmount.

3rd GRAW as same specs as the other games

Incorrect... i do believe there has to be an offboard video card ... probably at least 64mb due to the background. Also it requires sound at the moment. Just like Gr1 did... which btw didn't run on rackmounts either.

That explains why it does not work for you. You must wait for the dedicated files to be released. Due the research 1st before you down the game.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

We know the game is not complete. They know the game is not complete. GRIN had half the amount of time to get the game ready for launch, as most Dev teams get close to 3 years to make a game, they only had 1.5 years. Im not completely happy with the final product, but I can tell you they did a hell of a job with what time they had to work with.

Its kinda like having a baby. You cant expect the baby to be born succesful , you have to patch them through there young years to get them there. Same with game, give it alittle TLC and hope for the best.

Its a shame more people arnt suporting the game more. I have mixed feeling as well about the game, and the game score of 7-8.5 I feel is fair, but GRIN is still the best thing Tac Sim fans have. And if we dont suport them, chances are we wont have them for the future. We'll be left with concolse minded devs like RSE :( .

Eh, just my 2 cents.

I seriously hope grin has the oportunity to expand on what tthey have accomplished, they were so on the right track with the game.