Domination Disappointment

I had high hopes for this mode, but the fact is it's just all run and gun. Unless you get a lan going or join a passworded server with a large group of players you know will play it right, it's just not any fun.

People just run and gun, hop from zone to zone, a la BF2. I like it enough to play it a bit, but I eagerly anticipate a TDM (no respawns) or LSM mode where I'm not dying from an unseen foe every everyone 30 seconds who happened to rush up behind me through some uncontested zone.

Yea but if we had a LMS or TDM with no respawns, people would be less careless with their lives. We wouldn't have to worry about zone hoppers etc, etc.

Just saw the dom mode topic and I realize this was kind of pointless. I just got excited when I thought of alliteration.

Domination mode is run and gun. I felt like I was playing America's Army or Blackhawk Down. Didn't feel like [GR] at all.

The map hurts my eyes to look at, it's so small, and there's no way to make it bigger. :( And those jagged edges.... I hate them.

This game style will be fun once matchs are set up and no respawns.. For now it is WAY to much like BF. I see the possibility for it being an AWESOME game type. but it as it is WAY WAY to much run and gun.

Yes there are squads. No they are not working togeather as a squad.

Domination mode is run and gun. I felt like I was playing America's Army or Blackhawk Down. Didn't feel like [GR] at all.

The map hurts my eyes to look at, it's so small, and there's no way to make it bigger. :( And those jagged edges.... I hate them.

Exactly! On all points.

so you're going to sit there and tell me that the first multiplayer servers for [GR] weren't run and gun?

the community is still trying to grasp the instinctual aspects of the game. teamwork and tactics cannot be successfully employed until this is done.

i think the domination mode has an extremely high potential for serious ladder play, as teamwork and tactics will be essential.

I like to find one good spot and sit there. I pick people off who are running around.

That's when I enjoy MP most.

you do realise thats not very tactical... right?

Perhaps not, then again neither is running around spraying either. You pick which you'd prefer.

I like to find one good spot and sit there. I pick people off who are running around.

That's when I enjoy MP most.

you do realise thats not very tactical... right?

Actually thats one of the only real world tactics that work in games.

But your not doing your team any favors if your not in a postion to cover them.

With a decent monitor and resolution I am not finding any issue with jaggies - so upgrade and you'll be happy. Just remember - the graffix are way better then GR ever was.

This will only be a run'n'gun while the servers are empty, just wait til they fill up.

Bare in mind a patch is on the way - just be patient

Edited by Stalker

I dont really get the squads system.

in bf2 you could talk en comunicate with echother using squad talk.

but in graw, its just join a team and thats all.no teamplay at all :S

corect me if i'm wrong

Edited by Sgt.cot

You think America's Army is run-and-gun? Thats laughable. But I do agree the respawns suck, however with such large maps there would be alot of waiting for those KIA, unless of course the rounds were set at a short time. They definitely need to come out with more mp modes, or this game will get old real quick, I don't care how good the graphics are.

I dont really get the squads system.

in bf2 you could talk en comunicate with echother using squad talk.

but in graw, its just join a team and thats all.no teamplay at all :S

corect me if i'm wrong

The only thing you can do when joining a squad is spawn on the squad leader for an extra 500.

I agree it's run n' gun. It's quite like BF, we capture their sector while they're capturing ours. Then we go get the sector back and the other team does the same. Just running back and forward.

Clan games maybe be different, but a lot of people doesnt have time or will to join clans. Many people just play on regular servers where the gamaes are just like those.

With a decent monitor and resolution I am not finding any issue with jaggies - so upgrade and you'll be happy. 

Why do people insist on saying this? I have this monitor, which blows all the other TFT's out of the water and I run the demo at 1440x900. Jaggies galore. Since I should upgrade, howbout pointing me to a better monitor, Lighty.

Why do people insist on saying this?  I have this monitor, which blows all the other TFT's out of the water and I run the demo at 1440x900.  Jaggies galore.  Since I should upgrade, howbout pointing me to a better monitor, Lighty.

I also have jaggie at 1680x1050 and screenies to prove it. So your not the only one seeing them.

Where it really stands out is when there are snipers on rooftops. Is that a jaggie, or a head? I know it's not only me, it's just that some people don't understand or see the difference. That's why I was such a good player in GR. I knew the maps like the back of my hand and I used AA to smooth all the spots out so I could see someones head and rifle peeking out from cover.