the GAMESPY problems thread

Hey everyone, just got the Limited Special DVD-Rom edition of GRAW, and am unable to register through gamespy online. It keeps saying that my e-mail addss is too long and need to be up 30 characters. But yet, my e-mail address meets those requirements. Any ideas on what I can do? I've tried a different e-mail address as well.

hey guys i dont know if ur still having the problem i found this on another forum and it works After typing in each field of the registration screen hit enter after each one to solidify what you've typed. Then hit register once all of that is done... it's a poor input management system which they will hopefully fix in a patch, but it works like that for now.

hey guys i dont know if ur still having the problem i found this on another forum and it works After typing in each field of the registration screen hit enter after each one to solidify what you've typed. Then hit register once all of that is done... it's a poor input management system which they will hopefully fix in a patch, but it works like that for now.

I followed those instructions several times, but it gives me errors. Turns out, I created three profiles thru the GRAW MP. I loaded gamespy arcade and logged in with one, and saw the other two there also in arcade. (all three with same email addy). I have opened the ports after the "firewall" error. Still get it. and others. Hitting enter made the accounts, but the in game browser wouldnt connect me.

I followed those instructions several times, but it gives me errors. Turns out, I created three profiles thru the GRAW MP. I loaded gamespy arcade and logged in with one, and saw the other two there also in arcade. (all three with same email addy). I have opened the ports after the "firewall" error. Still get it. and others. Hitting enter made the accounts, but the in game browser wouldnt connect me.

im with you on that one no fix for it yet. Are you connecting through school network?

I can't seem to login myself :wall: gamespy sdk is sold to game makers and it's there resposibility to sort it out, according to gamespy support. Man i was realy looking forward to some mp GRAW. I tried so many times :wall::D

damn annoying though :o= oh well i'll keep on trying :wall:

EDIT: :grin1: haha ok i just created new account with existing gamespy id, and filled out required boxes in game, tabbed out after each filled in box, and now i'm good to go for some GRAW MP street fights :grin1:

Ok i thought i would just mention that i had to change my nickname because in game gamespy account said the name i chose was already in use, so i changed the name and account was created,i was able to connect and choose a server. Strange because why did gamespy let me choose the original nickname in the first place if it was already in use :stupid:

Why did the GRAW allow me to create 3 nics with same email? And none of them allow me to play? I can see the accounts in GS arcade.

It keeps telling me to check my internet connection, and I have the ports open thru my dlink dgl-4300 (ports per the demo readme)

Edited by RipCity

This is a real crappy issue and it happened to me as well. After looking through pages and pages at Gamespy I finally found a solution that worked for me. The problem was that I had 3 different accounts at Gamespy and the only way to cure this is to delete the accounts you're not going to use. The only way to do this is to actually D/L Gamespy Arcade and then delete the accounts from there. Link I basically deleted ALL of my accounts and then made a new one. Finally it worked.

Hope this helps and good luck. I think the main problem with the GRAW interface for the "Multi sign-in screen" is hitting "Enter" after each entry. It's not a big deal IF YOU KNOW HOW TO DO IT.

Well I finally got in by disabling McAffee on access scan. I have no McAffee firewall so I don't know why it interfered, but it did. I can access without deleting the extra accounts.

So to summarise, I opened the ports and disable the AV to get it going. Still get alot of drops from servers, but I suppose with SA dedi's this will improve.

Edited by RipCity

This is a real crappy issue and it happened to me as well.  After looking through pages and pages at Gamespy I finally found a solution that worked for me.  The problem was that I had 3 different accounts at Gamespy and the only way to cure this is to delete the accounts you're not going to use.  The only way to do this is to actually D/L Gamespy Arcade and then delete the accounts from there.  Link  I basically deleted ALL of my accounts and then made a new one.  Finally it worked.

Hope this helps and good luck.  I think the main problem with the GRAW interface for the "Multi sign-in screen" is hitting "Enter" after each entry.  It's not a big deal  IF YOU KNOW HOW TO DO IT.

Thanks to your helpful link I was able to delete my unwanted profiles. I downloaded Gamespy Arcade, used the wizard to login to each of my profiles, so that in turn each was available on the drop down list prior to logging in, then used the delete profile option to delete the two profiles I didn't want. I was actually able to get logged into to GRAW MP prior to doing this, but only after creating a third damn profile. The second one was there from not being able to login to RvS way back. I had opened a trouble ticket and was given the canned response that profiles can not be deleted. Guess it is asking too much for customer service to suggest using Gamespy Arcade to delete unwanted profiles. Customer service was worthless. Thanks again for the tip on using Gamespy Arcade to delete my extra profiles.

This is a real crappy issue and it happened to me as well.  After looking through pages and pages at Gamespy I finally found a solution that worked for me.   The problem was that I had 3 different accounts at Gamespy and the only way to cure this is to delete the accounts you're not going to use.  The only way to do this is to actually D/L Gamespy Arcade and then delete the accounts from there.  Link   I basically deleted ALL of my accounts and then made a new one.   Finally it worked.

Hope this helps and good luck.  I think the main problem with the GRAW interface for the "Multi sign-in screen" is hitting "Enter" after each entry.  It's not a big deal  IF YOU KNOW HOW TO DO IT.

Thanks to your helpful link I was able to delete my unwanted profiles. I downloaded Gamespy Arcade, used the wizard to login to each of my profiles, so that in turn each was available on the drop down list prior to logging in, then used the delete profile option to delete the two profiles I didn't want. I was actually able to get logged into to GRAW MP prior to doing this, but only after creating a third damn profile. The second one was there from not being able to login to RvS way back. I had opened a trouble ticket and was given the canned response that profiles can not be deleted. Guess it is asking too much for customer service to suggest using Gamespy Arcade to delete unwanted profiles. Customer service was worthless. Thanks again for the tip on using Gamespy Arcade to delete my extra profiles.

I'm glad it helped! Finding that solution was a ######! I had the same probs as you did...too many profiles, not too mention the only profile it would accept in GRAW was a name that I didn't want to use! It would of been nice if GRIN had made it so you could change your Multiplayer name within the game as opposed to being forced to use your gamespy login.

Ditto, I've also got several GS accounts which all work fine for Opflash etc. GS can't even find my GRAW instal when I try to update games and it's only on my C drive.

Why do they make have to make it such a pain?

I will try all of the things that worked for you guys above, but I'm just worried that we will lose a lot of online gamers because this hasn't been tested and thought through properly.

I have spent the last 3 hr to get this to work and still can't connect to it,so no mp for me.

Done all the suggestoins from

pressing ENTER" to turning my firewall OFF , with no luck.

what is wrong with these people?

Can't they make 1/2 decent games which one can just play online without jumping through hoops?

Any more ideas are welcome.

Edited by Pave Low

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Just wanted to say i also has this annoying problems logging into the gamespy, i think i made about 100 different before i finally found out the enter error :-) , now i finally made another 100 account where i accept ubi to send info ect, and when i then try to login i get the message that the username or password is invalid, when i try to send the password to my email, i get that the username dont exist? . Now after reading alot of ppl saying what to do, im asking, do you ppl actually have tried to play multiplayer yet? and if you do, what did you do to fix it?

plz im almost done with the SP campaign :-)

Kuko

EDT: I finally got a step forward :-) it seems you actually have to agree to both offers lol, i though it was enough to accept only one of them hehe, well now i get the error that the user already exist ect, think i finally got it hehe

Edit2: JUHUU sucess :-) i see servers finally

Edit3: I still like [Ghost Recon] more :-(

Edited by kukomamasan

Trying to create an account for multiplayer. I get following error message: "A gamespy account that corresponds to your email address was found but password is incorrect".

I JUST GOT THE GAME LOADED UNTO MY NEW COMPUTER for the first time 3 DAYS AGO.

How do I get this corrected?

thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

<_< Well guys I have a lot of accounts on gamspy. Since C&C it follows me and it teached me one thing. New Game = Create a new Account.

Same name , same pass , same mail it worx -> but you have to create a new old one!

<_< Well guys I have a lot of accounts on gamspy. Since C&C it follows me and it teached me one thing. New Game = Create a new Account.

Same name , same pass , same mail it worx -> but you have to create a new old one!

This is what you have to do to get it to work without having to create a new account: hit enter after filling out each field.

IE:

Account Name: Sillyboy <ent>

Account Password: password <ent>

Is there anybody that knows the cause of the following error?

NOTE! I have downloaded Gamespy Arcade and cleared any previous profiles I had using that nick or changed the profile nick to something else as it seems impossible to delete a GameSpy account (you can only delete extra profiles). Currently I have 3 old accounts at GameSpy with 3 separate email adresses and I really would like to clear them all out, and start all over....

Well, here is the Moment22

1) When I try to create the nick I really want in GRAW (my old GR one) it says

"GameSpy account error - In use"

2) When I try to login in GRAW using the nick it says:

"Unable to login with the submitted nickname and password"

3) When I try click on "forgot password" in GRAW it says:

"The nickname you entered does not correspond to any GameSpy account"

These error messages (#1 and 2) are per definition contradictory with #3.... :wall:

Anybody else with this problem that got it solved?

This is VERY annoying....

Is there anybody that knows the cause of the following error?

NOTE! I have downloaded Gamespy Arcade and cleared any previous profiles I had using that nick or changed the profile nick to something else as it seems impossible to delete a GameSpy account (you can only delete extra profiles). Currently I have 3 old accounts at GameSpy with 3 separate email adresses and I really would like to clear them all out, and start all over....

Well, here is the Moment22

1) When I try to create the nick I really want in GRAW (my old GR one) it says

"GameSpy account error - In use"

2) When I try to login in GRAW using the nick it says:

"Unable to login with the submitted nickname and password"

3) When I try click on "forgot password" in GRAW it says:

These error messages (#1 and 2) are per definition contradictory with #3.... :wall:

Anybody else with this problem that got it solved?

This is VERY annoying....

Try to get your password for that nick name by having it emailed to you. Use anyone of your emails to get anyone of your user names & passwords.

I did have an issue with UBI once in which I changed my email address & forgot my password. After entering the PW wrong a few times it logged me out and required me to click a link from the old email. I called UBI and requested an email change and they said that there was nothing they could do. I had to create a new name to a new email. Sometimes it's a battle you can't win. :starwars:

Try to get your password for that nick name by having it emailed to you. Use anyone of your emails to get anyone of your user names & passwords.

Yea, I've already done that, the problem is that when I try "forgot password" for that specific nick I persistently recieve this error message:

which totally contradicts the error messeges I get when I try to register or login, using the same nick (see above)

I don't know where the problem lies..It seems to me GameSpy but they refuse support for GRAW...sigh

Also, I think it is absurd not to be able to delete a GameSpy account...

I DO hope the direct IP connect will be available soon...