Ghost Recon.net Forums
ROCO*AFZ*

GRAW Port Number's ?

Cant someone please sticky the GRAW ports required to host?

I want to set our firewall up ahead of time... i should be putting our graw server up tomorrow around 6pm (after i get me a copy and the server a copy)

Also can you host with a 5200fx? i can bring the game up, just not play with it and looks like i could host a lan server. I would like confirmation on this.

Check the ReadMeENG.txt file in the SUPPORT folder of the demo.

It lists the server ports there ;)

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/23/gamespygraw7pk.jpg

I get this message/error

And opened about every RemotePort list in the readme:

You may experience difficulty connecting to Gamespy if a firewall or anti-virus blocks the following ports:

Local Ports
UDP  15250  
UDP 13139
UDP 15250

Remote Ports
UDP 15250
TCP 80
TCP 6667
UDP 13139
UDP 27900
UDP 27901
TCP 28910
TCP 29900
TCP 29901
UDP 29910
TCP 29920[/code]

Still nothing seems to works, is it me or Gamespy? :huh:

The other ports that Gamespy can use (for it's other games) that weren't mentioned in the demo readme are:

3783 (Voice Chat Port)
    28900 (Master Server List Request)
    6515 (Dplay UDP)
    6500 (Query Port)

im having issues also connecting to gamespy what am i supposed to do with those port numbers?

open them up in your firewall program or router..

But it doesn't solve anything for me, it seems like the GameSpy server are just... down.. or something. And i asked around and there is 1 person that managed to login at gamespy (ingame) and play / start a server.

Maybe GameSpy starts their service the 5th of may.. or it's the weirdest s:D:Dt i have seen in any game

i did open them. WinXp Should ask you if you wanbt to block the path anyways

Does anyone know what firewall ports have to be open to get to play multiplayer?

[Merged into existing thread - Please check before posting]

Edited by Pave Low

I get this message/error

You may experience difficulty connecting to Gamespy if a firewall or anti-virus blocks the following ports:

Local Ports	

UDP  15250 	 

UDP	13139	

UDP	15250	

Remote Ports

UDP	15250

TCP	80 

TCP	6667

UDP	13139

UDP	27900

UDP	27901

TCP	28910

TCP	29900

TCP	29901

UDP	29910

TCP	29920

Still nothing seems to works, is it me or Gamespy?  :huh:

yeh, I opened this too, and I get the same error as Ben linked in the image. I know its wrong cause the accounts do get created. I see them thru the Game Spy arcade tool.

Local Ports	

UDP          15250 	 

UDP	13139	

UDP	15250 

can someone tell me how you're opening 2 identical local udp ports :wall: .. should there be one TCP on 15250 :drunk: ?

Edited by ElChino

I finally got it working by disabling port blocking on McAfee AntiVirus. Specifically the IRC ports 6666-6669. Also had it forwarded on the router.

I didn't have to set any other ports open cuz I'm using UPnP.

Once I did that, I created an account ingame and connected to the server browser.

I had this problem. Finnalt found a post somewhere that suggested checking virus softrware for blocks on ports 6666 and up (irc) when I allowed GRAW for these ports everything worked.

Ofcourse I also had to learn that CR was important fopr user names and passwords ( a blast from the past...

Hope this helps

I get this message/error

Local Ports	

UDP  15250  	

UDP	13139	

UDP	15250	

Remote Ports

UDP	15250

TCP	80 

TCP	6667

UDP	13139

UDP	27900

UDP	27901

TCP	28910

TCP	29900

TCP	29901

UDP	29910

TCP	29920

Still nothing seems to works, is it me or Gamespy? :huh:

This maybe a thickhead question, but I am trying to activate the correct ports on my LinkSys Wireless-G and am having some probs..

In port range forwarding, do I need to open up ALL the ports mentioned above??? That seems a little extreme.. If anyone has done this with the wireless G, please can you give me some advice?

Thanks

Hi All,

I dunno if this is the right place to post this, I have posted it elswhere on this forum and not received any feedback, hopefully someone can help.

I tried MP for the first time last night and I managed to get games going without problems, apart from the fact that my pingis just sooooo sad..Here's the thing: I have a LinkSys Wireless-G router and am not sure what ports to open on the Port Range Forwarding, at this point I have got a LARGE range open on TCP/UDP to cover the ranges on the manual, but I am not happy doing this as it leaves my connection well exposed.....it's like opening a condom packet with scissors.....

Anyone else with a Linksys setup that can advise?

[Post moved to correct thread]

Edited by Pave Low

I have a =3dS= firends that has a lot of difficulties in connecting to a server even if after patch 1.10 and if he can connet after each match he got still "ghost player" problems or permanent black screen.. He usually has to disconnect from server and reconnet...

He has an ADSL connection through a Router...

Can anyone help my frinds???

thanks a lot for suggestions

I have a =3dS= firends that has a lot of difficulties in connecting to a server even if after patch 1.10 and if he can connet after each match he got still "ghost player" problems or permanent black screen.. He usually has to disconnect from server and reconnet...

i got the same problem. forwarded all ports and stuff, lowered or disabled firewall, no antivir - nothing helps. i can't join in coop at all (black screen after start). and after a map change in domination mode i got the black screen as well.

i got the same problem. forwarded all ports and stuff, lowered or disabled firewall, no antivir - nothing helps. i can't join in coop at all (black screen after start). and after a map change in domination mode i got the black screen as well.

so..... noone has a suggestion!!????

we need help :(

I've got a black screen on my Radeon 9200... but that's not the point I think ;)

it works for me now.

i disable firewall and antivir just before i start GRAW. maybe that was my mistake, disabling it while i am already in the game... this may have changed through some patch becouse i am almost sure it worked even with the firewall in the beginning.

still the port forwarding is weird. the readme says (as mentioned before) to open 15250 UDP twice. i opened TCP on 15250 - just in case.

so..... noone has a suggestion!!????

we need help :(

i have the same issue too, it did start after i put the 1.16 patch in, but not straight off and its just getting worse, i did all that i was advised to, but no diff' it wont let me koin or host..... Weird

Edited by aussiereg