GReetINgs from Mexico!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have fun...thanks for all the hard work....but I do have a gripe that I guess would be more well put on UBI than GRIN.

I just put together a new system..with GRAW the catalyst for the build.

I bought the ASUS 7900GTTOP 256MB.....only to find out that I will not be able to run with game settings on HIGH because my system cant handle it?

ASUS A8N32 Deluxe MB

ASUS 7900GTTOP 256 Vid

2 GB RAM

Fatal1ty X-FI sound card

550W PSU

Its been said you need 512 vid to run on high?  Is this true?  and if so...this is really the kind of thing that probably should have been disclosed months ago....I know GRIN can only say what they are allowed to say.....

but this game has already cost me about $1500....It would have been good to know I needed the 512

HACK

tbh bud it was said by bo around feb. that you would need a 512 mb card, i cant find the thread but it was there, once i saw it i got my 1900xtx and graw runs like a dream..

btw... i have no jagged edges and hdr is on, gg

I suppose it could have been...although I practically live on this forum..and I dont recall it....but again....as I said...probably needed to be more on UBI than GRIN...you should not have to scan through thread after thread on a message board....just go to the main UBI page..and see what the requirements should be.

HACK

Its been said you need 512 vid to run on high?  Is this true?  and if so...this is really the kind of thing that probably should have been disclosed months ago.

Hmm I don't get it.. so an ATI X1800XT/ X1900XT videocard isn't enough to run this puppy on high settings? :blink:

Yepp it is If you got a 512mb version.

One month, 3 days.

Its been said you need 512 vid to run on high?  Is this true?  and if so...this is really the kind of thing that probably should have been disclosed months ago.

Hmm I don't get it.. so an ATI X1800XT/ X1900XT videocard isn't enough to run this puppy on high settings? :blink:

One month, 3 days.

Again...why should you need to read it on a message board...and once it was out in the open why not PLAST it all over the OFFICIAL page.

Im not that upset...I think it looks really good as is....just sad that you can buy the second best NVIDIA card on the market today...and its still not good enough.

HACK

One month, 3 days.

Again...why should you need to read it on a message board...and once it was out in the open why not PLAST it all over the OFFICIAL page.

Im not that upset...I think it looks really good as is....just sad that you can buy the second best NVIDIA card on the market today...and its still not good enough.

HACK

Did you try to edit the xml file? I have a 6800GT 256mb and I just edited the xml file to show hires textures...no problem. (although this comes at a price of lower FPS of course)

One month, 3 days.

HACK

Did you try to edit the xml file? I have a 6800GT 256mb and I just edited the xml file to show hires textures...no problem. (although this comes at a price of lower FPS of course)

I have not....but I will probably give it a try on the FULL VERSION

HACK

HACK

HACK, it wasn't plastered all over the forums, but I've mentioned it several times. I've been telling people for quite some time that this game would most likely be as hard on our systems as F.E.A.R., which these 512MB won't handle on their own at high res with everything turned on. Every time I do it, there's someone who will come in right behind me and say that a $150 X1600 will work just fine, or whatever. Sometimes, I've quoted Bo's recommendation of the 512MB cards; sometimes I've just recommended them myself.

Man o' man I just spent some money...

here is my new rig

CPU: AMD X2 4400 *new*

MB:  Asus A8N32 Deluxe *new*

RAM: 2 GB  *new*

Video :  UNKNOWN at this point...but will either be the ASUS or LEADTEK 7900GT(everyone is sold out of both)

Also, as far as video, if you have the $$$ to shell for that other hardware, go the extra mile and drop the money a 7900GTX. The 512MB will make a difference for GR:AW. :thumbsup:

Sorry I didn't quote Bo directly when I responded to you. It sounds like you may have been one of the ones who would have listened.

As far as the second best not being good enough, the game devs are in a no-win situation. If the hardware outworks the games, we complain that the game devs aren't exploiting the potentital of these expensive cards we bought. If the games outwork the hardware, we complain that we have to buy new cards. And if any game got it just right, it would only be just right for 6 months, then hardware addicts would be complaining that the game wasn't good enough. HL2, with a DX7, DX8, and DX9 path, is the only game I've ever seen to really get this right.

--Logos

The game is a##e kicking, Ive settled for AFx16 and res at 1280x1024 hardly any jaggies so i'm well pleased with the demo....and oh so glad i pre ordered it!

VP can you tell me how you got the high textures to work??? i downloaded xml notepad but clueless from there on.

Bo and grim Job well done.. if you see any gringos with guns RUN!!!!

Edited by PONDLIFE

I enjoyed the demo a lot, although I enjoyed Co-Op more than single player by a long shot even with the headaches caused by playing LAN Co-Op over the net with a VPN program. I'd just rather work with real people...well, real people that aren't idiots. I'm looking forward being able to play the full campaign in Co-Op as well as the other multiplayer modes, as I probably won't bother with single player much.

I don't have a fancy sound setup (2 speakers and intergrated Realtek ALC650 audio), but I still thought the sound design was excellent.

Unlike most complainers (on various forums) i think the graphics are excellent and truly show how far we've come in graphics technology. After a little "renderer_settings.xml" tweaking I was able to play with a mix of low, medium, and high textures at 1024x768 with 8xAF and still have a playable frame rate on my meager 6600GT. I would of prefered to not have to manually tweak the config file in order to reach this level of detail and performance, though. It would of been nice to be able to change each texture setting individually in the in-game options instead of having just one general texture setting (with the general texture setting I had to stick with low).

I've never been a fan of tactical games, at least in single player mode, and I'm still not. I don't find ordering bots around to be fun, I'd rather work with real people (again: people that aren't retarded) so I'll be sticking with MP when I finally get my hands on the retail copy. I'm definitely going to pick this game up, but not until after I upgrade to a 7800GS and 1GB of RAM (yes, I'm still on AGP...and no, I'm not going to PCI-E yet).

Oh, and this isn't related to the game itself and is a silly thing to point out, but I prefer the GRIN logo/intro that was in Ballistics.

Edited by RAY16

Hope you're enjoying your time there in Mexico.

Any comments on the AA-issue?

Ok, I'm not going to turn this into a Q&A thread, but I'll comment on this one thing, since so many are whining about it.

AA and deferred lighting (which is used in GRAW) are not compatible. It's a limitation of PC hardware, not the game.

desmond, "not compatible". That's not the answer I am looking for.

DO WE EVER GET TO SEE AA IN GRAW? IF NOT I WON'T BUY THE GAME. COMPRENDE?

Edited by Pave Low

:Db::Korven+Apr 27 2006, 09:52 PM-->

QUOTE(::Db::Korven @ Apr 27 2006, 09:52 PM)
Hope you're enjoying your time there in Mexico.

Any comments on the AA-issue?

Ok, I'm not going to turn this into a Q&A thread, but I'll comment on this one thing, since so many are whining about it.

AA and deferred lighting (which is used in GRAW) are not compatible. It's a limitation of PC hardware, not the game.

desmond, "not compatible". That's not the answer I am looking for.

DO WE EVER GET TO SEE AA IN GRAW? IF NOT I WON'T BUY THE GAME. COMPRENDE?!

Relax mate Rocky just posted about a review whereby there's going to be an update(which equates to fixes) coming in June

mouse issue fix = lower your gfx settings or upgrade your computer.

i beg to differ. Iv tried them all while that does work .... if i bump my mouse resolutions up to 1600x1200 i get the same lag ....

down to 800x600 and my mouse is fine again.... FPS isnt an issue and honestly if the game can barely run ok on a 6800GT it needs to go back into the workshop quick.

had to change my driver settings to get it to even play, then had to overclock it to get it to play smooth at the "auto detected" settings.

7800GS overclocked gets you on average 30% increase in peformance...

CPU OC too.. still runs only like 30-40fps on low graphics.

maybe another gig of memory will help?

Happy Holiday 2 U people from GRIN-city. :grin1:

Don't you guys get bored? I mean... second time again @Mexico-city.., must look pretty familiar after all the digital-work with that town. ;)

There's a lot going on in these forums about the demo... 'true' whining & really serious comments. I'll buy GR:AW next thursday and I'm sure I'm gonna like it. Better said; I'll buy two dvd's in case the first one crashes. With or without AA stuff, XML bashing, prone stances, to loud crashing ropes, to loud screaming parrots that I havent heard so far and all the things people need to shout about 24+ hours after the release of the demo.

It will work out fine is what I think. Official patches & missionpacks will be released, community mods will rock again and in about two years from now we all will start asking (or yelling/demanding) for GR:AW-2...

I'm glad my Herc9800Pro died last sunday, yesterday the 512Mb~X1600pro arrived and it runs the demo at High settings. [1280x1024-60Hz]

veni, vidi, vici?¿ ...humpfff, I demo-died to many times already :'(

Edited by Eyho

i beg to differ. Iv tried them all while that does work .... if i bump my mouse resolutions up to 1600x1200 i get the same lag ....

down to 800x600 and my mouse is fine again.... FPS isnt an issue and honestly if the game can barely run ok on a 6800GT it needs to go back into the workshop quick.

had to change my driver settings to get it to even play, then had to overclock it to get it to play smooth at the "auto detected" settings.

7800GS overclocked gets you on average 30% increase in peformance...

CPU OC too.. still runs only like 30-40fps on low graphics.

maybe another gig of memory will help?

some say updating the ageia driver will help... do a search here.

Grin, i would say the game rocks! a couple of tweaks and give us some LMS and i would say it's a hit!

Even with my 6800GS, p4 3.0 prescott and 1 gb of dual channel, all settings high (except textures on medium due to the option not being there) at 1024x768 it's as smooth as pie with no problems with mouse lag on my razer copperhead.

HACK

HACK, it wasn't plastered all over the forums, but I've mentioned it several times. I've been telling people for quite some time that this game would most likely be as hard on our systems as F.E.A.R., which these 512MB won't handle on their own at high res with everything turned on. Every time I do it, there's someone who will come in right behind me and say that a $150 X1600 will work just fine, or whatever. Sometimes, I've quoted Bo's recommendation of the 512MB cards; sometimes I've just recommended them myself.

Man o' man I just spent some money...

here is my new rig

CPU: AMD X2 4400 *new*

MB:  Asus A8N32 Deluxe *new*

RAM: 2 GB  *new*

Video :  UNKNOWN at this point...but will either be the ASUS or LEADTEK 7900GT(everyone is sold out of both)

Also, as far as video, if you have the $$$ to shell for that other hardware, go the extra mile and drop the money a 7900GTX. The 512MB will make a difference for GR:AW. :thumbsup:

Sorry I didn't quote Bo directly when I responded to you. It sounds like you may have been one of the ones who would have listened.

As far as the second best not being good enough, the game devs are in a no-win situation. If the hardware outworks the games, we complain that the game devs aren't exploiting the potentital of these expensive cards we bought. If the games outwork the hardware, we complain that we have to buy new cards. And if any game got it just right, it would only be just right for 6 months, then hardware addicts would be complaining that the game wasn't good enough. HL2, with a DX7, DX8, and DX9 path, is the only game I've ever seen to really get this right.

--Logos

I remember reading that...but thought it was your opinion...and not required specs. I did a lot of research before I bought my card....and everything I read said that 7900 256 would be more than enough for anything out there (of course I guess GRAW wasnt out there)

As I said...Im not to bothered by it...I think the game looks good////.but you are right..I would have probably bit the bullet and forked out the extra for 512....looks like I might be moving to SLI sooner than I thought.

Although my point still stands...UBI should have had the specs posted for months.

HACK

Hi Mr Dev!

Congratulations for the game, i have no critic. I like it a lot, its a challange as GR should be. And its well done.

Personally I only miss FORESTS and HILLS, but hopefully the Editor is coming soon! And I miss switching personas in SP to enjoy many weapons, but it isn't an issue.I'm talking about the demo, also thanks for that!!!!

Next week i'll be shopping :)

I would have probably bit the bullet and forked out the extra for 512....looks like I might be moving to SLI sooner than I thought.

SLI does not turn 2 250 cards into one 500 card!!!!!! Absolutly not. Read about it at nvidia.com. Beware.