GRAW free with purchase of 7600GT

dporter

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814150140

Looking at video cards to upgrade my computer and noticed this nicely priced 7600GT at $164 comes with a free copy of GRAW!! Just thought I would share with others out there who need to upgrade like me and now you can get a bonus for the upgrade.

Hopefully this hasn't been posted yet, I looked and couldn't find anything.

Looking at video cards to upgrade my computer and noticed this nicely priced 7600GT at $164 comes with a free copy of GRAW!!  Just thought I would share with others out there who need to upgrade like me and now you can get a bonus for the upgrade. 

i saw this when i was looking for video cards. still debating between a second gig and a 7900gt. Wish graw would come with that..

i think theyre giving tomb raider with a 7800gt which, if it were graw, i might've done.

Looking at video cards to upgrade my computer and noticed this nicely priced 7600GT at $164 comes with a free copy of GRAW!!  Just thought I would share with others out there who need to upgrade like me and now you can get a bonus for the upgrade. 

GAH! wish i saw this when i got ym enw viedo card :(

For petes sake, you guys get GRAW, and I get my pick from this pityful bunch for donating my kidney to afford a 7800GS Special. :blink:

BTW, which game should I pick from that list?

Link fixed.

Edited by Rocky

Rocky, can you copy and paste the list, the link doesn´t work.

Nevermind, I think I found it. Tron 2.0, Splinter Cell, and XIII are the best games in that list. DeusEx 2 is "okay", and Colin McRae is kind of sucky and it has Starforce, so its better to stay away from it. Didn´t play Hitman:Contracts.

Edited by agentkay

http://www.techamok.com/?pid=637

Yes not right now, but rumors are that it will be available next month.

:thumbsup: WOW!! Good info there. I'm going to hold off till next month on an update. It will give me time to see how different systems are handling GR:AW PC, allow new vid cards to hit the market, and allow price drops on current cards...

Wise decision. However don´t expect huge price drops on current cards (6-series for instance), especially if you are looking for an AGP card. The way the manufacturers "seem" to treat the AGP market is that that they bascially stop producing certain cards at a time and just let their inventory sell out, which doesn´t lower the prices of the older cards. You might be able to buy the newer card at a similar or even lower pricepoint than the older (but slower card).

Edited by agentkay

Wise decision. However don´t expect huge price drops on current cards (6-series for instance), especially if you are looking for an AGP card. 

I made the mistake of checking the price of the 7800GS on the day I installed it, which was 2 days after I bought it. The price was down by £15, that's almost $30. :wall:

I think overclockers.co.uk will ship to the US, no idea if you guys get hit with import duty for this kind of thing though.

I've been thinking of getting one myself but the techamok link above makes it sound like nVidia themselves are introducing an official AGP version, which means the gainward cards should come down in price, no longer being the only kids on the AGP block.

I think overclockers.co.uk will ship to the US, no idea if you guys get hit with import duty for this kind of thing though.

I've been thinking of getting one myself but the techamok link above makes it sound like nVidia themselves are introducing an official AGP version, which means the gainward cards should come down in price, no longer being the only kids on the AGP block.

:o

276.07 £ = $491.08 USD...

My wife would have my stuff out on the front lawn in an instant...

:(  I really wish that Gainward card was available in the US...512MB of VRAM and an unlocked 20 pipelines...

How much did you pay for it Rocky?

We pay a hefty price premium over US prices in general, so the card I got was £290 delivered, that's 517.056 USD :blink:

@en4, I am cleaning mine up as I type :o

For petes sake, you guys get GRAW, and I get my pick from this pityful bunch for donating my kidney to afford a 7800GS Special.  :blink:

BTW, which game should I pick from that list?

Link fixed.

ooooh! TRON 2.0 sweeeeeet. I wish I had one of the old arcade games of TRON - that was soooo cool in the 80's. Remember the light cycles? yeah baby.... :shifty: