New Dev Video - GRAW PC footage

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank Desmond22 for the translation. :thumbsup:

Just watched the footage & I'm we'll impressed & very much looking forward to getting a copy. :yes: this little bit of ingame footage has sold it to me far more than the official trailer.

Keep up the good work guys & thanks.

Vi kör ju en helt annan motor, till exempel. Det är ju GRINs motor sen sju år då, som vi kör.

We use an entirely different engine, for example. It's GRIN's own engine since seven years, that we use.

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

You'all of course realize that this means that GRAW is running on an engine from 1999!!!

I am SOO disappointed!

;) MadMike

PS: I didn't really need an english translation. I watched The Swedish Chef on Muppet Show a lot as a kid :)

Edited by MadMike

Nice video! Also pretty language :thumbsup:

cool video though, but somehow, im not into PLayer animations...dunno, they are so...classic. When you run, you dont see your hands going down, they already are in less than sec!

Body-awarennes? dunno, but...where is that?

EDIT: look how wepaon swings when walking, up-down, up-down, same weird animaiton...hope this is not  final version of the game  <_<

:whistle:

I agree partially, I do think those animation contribute to the ' immersion', as that is being used on this forum a lot. But indeed those films around 2.30 minutes they pop up pretty fast. While in the beginning of the film it looks like there is an more slower animation of that.

Well, still lots to guess but in the end we all have to wait and see in less than a month (I hope) Nice job GRiN_desmond22 for the translation! :thumbsup:

Great video! and thanks for the translation desmond22, much needed. : )

I think this video is even more educational about GRAW than the trailer from last week was..and thats a good thing. The ingame footage was good, I want more! Did anyone else notice the NEW crosscom in action!? awesome. (am I being too positive?:) )

Edited by V.P.

Lush visuals on the video :blink:

And yep thanks for translation. After seeing Bo talking in the flesh of sorts, he comes across like a big teddybear ... :rofl:

So you GRIN folk camp out in the office when work load is high then eh. I bet on press visits you must be annoyed to have to disinfect the office and open all the windows to clear the air ... anyone a favourite of beans or cabbage in the office? :rofl:

Ok I'll take some Qs on this topic in one go:

The specs running was medium.

Pentium 3.0

Nvidia Gforce 6800

RAM 2GB (ram is always good)

The screen was a Opticlear 19" from NEC (GREAT)

This was not GRIN playing it was the press - so it was filmed by and played by a gamer.

This was NOT coop. This is the AI - yes :) No freeflight cam or reccord mode - just straight un-controlled (from us or UBI) hands on.

Animations of how fast you get up and down your weapon and hands are gameplay trimmed - and by the way you do get up a gun real fast when the ###### hits the fan.

Oh and we're close now ppl.... close :)

Looks great, I like it a lot! :yes: Some scenes were extremly photo-realistic, like the short sequence in the Blackhawk. I loved fluid animations and the movement speed was very good. The one scene where you are peeking around a corner and you see your teammate do the same infront of you, wow. :) I loved the AIMpoint sight and the zoom into it. Too bad we didn´t hear any sounds, but it was interesting to hear the boss talk in his native language. ;) Desmond and all others, thanks for the translations! :thumbsup:

Pentium 3.0

Nvidia Gforce 6800

This was not GRIN playing it was the press - so it was filmed by and played by a gamer.

This was NOT coop. This is the AI - yes :) No freeflight cam or reccord mode - just straight un-controlled (from us or UBI) hands on.

Animations of how fast you get up and down your weapon and hands are gameplay trimmed - and by the way you do get up a gun real fast when the ###### hits the fan.

Thanks BO... those are the same specs as my rig (my 3d card has 256mb). The graphics looks awesome, I am happy I can get such beautiful graphs on my machine, can't wait to play the game.

P.s. "Oh and we're close now ppl... close" hhhmmmmm, the game is almost done?????

Edited by Steel1977

----------------------------

Question 1) Why are you running the specs on medium(just curious)? Why wouldn't you want to show off the full glory of the graphics/lighting etc?

Question 2) What does that mean, "gameplay trimmed"? You can adjust it based on what game mode you are playing, or you made it that speed to make the game a better game? or fill me in on the thought process...

----------------------------

Question 1) Why are you running the specs on medium(just curious)? Why wouldn't you want to show off the full glory of the graphics/lighting etc?

Saving the best for last.

We palyed on medium because of the stage of the build, I would say the press had the same.

Question 2) What does that mean, "gameplay trimmed"? You can adjust it based on what game mode you are playing, or you made it that speed to make the game a better game? or fill me in on the thought process...

Dev Team settings.

Colin

The game footage is very nice, and it is also nice to know I won't need top of the line pc parts to run it. I think what impressed me most about the video though is the clear enthusiam that Bo demonstrates during the interview for the game. The developers always talk up their games during interviews to try to get their product sold, but you can tell that Bo has had a great time being a part of this game and that his emotions are genuine. That type of enthusiam is catchy. My sister said she likes Bo's "enthusiam" also. :x I told her I thought you were taken.

I've also been impressed with the whole interaction of the Dev team in general here in the forums. I have been a huge fan and follower of the socom series for the ps2 for a while now but have gone away from their forums as of late because of all the kids and immature posts that have been plagueing their boards. The professionalism here is definitly more to my liking. Also, you will never see a developer show up there on their forums and shed light on any of their fans questions. The GRIN team has been more then helpful in keeping me informed.

Pentium 3.0

Nvidia Gforce 6800

A couple of questions:

1. What resolutions are supported?

2. You're getting close to what? :whistle:

Supurb job Bo and the entire GRIN team,

Respect,

Fresh

I smell demo....I smell demo..... :clapping:

Edited by Freshmixture