Record sales for Ubisoft with GRAW

BigSM

Just read news on an Austrian page. GRAW 360 brings Ubisoft the best first salesweek ever for a game. They sold 240000 in the USA and 120000 in France, UK and Germany. Makes 360000 for 1.6 million consoles in this 4 regions.

"Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter erzielte die beste erste Verkaufswoche, die unser Unternehmen jemals verzeichnen konnte und entwickelt sich bereits jetzt zu einem großen Erfolg. Dies beweist, dass unsere Entwicklungsstudios die zusätzlichen Möglichkeiten, die eine Konsole der nächsten Generation bietet, optimal ausgenutzt haben", sagt Yves Guillemot, Chief Executive Officer von Ubisoft.

'Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter a réalisé la meilleure première semaine de vente que notre société ait jamais connue et s'annonce comme un succès commercial majeur. Il démontre la capacité de nos studios à utiliser au mieux toutes les potentialités offertes par les consoles de nouvelle génération.', a déclaré Yves Guillemot, Président Directeur Général d'Ubisoft Entertainment.

maybe for some of you speaking german or france :o=

Edited by BigSM

sorry for the bad grammar, but here is a quick translation :

'Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter has done the best first sale week ever made by the company, and is announced as a major commercial succes. GRAW demonstrates that our studios are able to use the power of the next gen consoles to their maximum' has declared Yves Guillemot, big boss of Ubisoft.

Let's see: there are confirmed reports that MS sold 600,000 units in Nov-Dec 2005 in the USA, and there hasn't been much supply since.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2006-0...ox-demand_x.htm

That means probably almost 1 in 3 Xbox 360 owners own GRAW, and that's just in the first week ...

240,000 units x US$60 = $14.4 million ... that'll help Ubi pay some development bills :whistle:

I'd of bought a 360 when it came out just for GRAW(and to play with my LIVE friends). But I'm glad I didn't now. Spring is almost here, don't play much when it's warm out. 360 doesn't have that many games out (that I like). If they'd of hit the first launch date it would have been 1 more sale. Oh well I'll be waiting for the PC version.

I think the delay really helped the game even more since 360 owners have been starving for another A+ title since Call of Duty 2 at launch. That's a HUGE deal for Ubi too considering the small number of 360's out there.

Hopefully they will see the sales and quality that went into the game and do the same with Rainbow Six: Vegas so it's not another Rainbow Six: Letdown.

I think the delay really helped the game even more since 360 owners have been starving for another A+ title since Call of Duty 2 at launch.
That's a HUGE deal for Ubi too considering the small number of 360's out there.

Hopefully they will see the sales and quality that went into the game and do the same with Rainbow Six: Vegas so it's not another Rainbow Six: Letdown.

Ebay sells $23 million worth of Xbox 360s ?

A MARKET Research firm claimed that since its launch Xbox 360s have sold at the rate of one every 13 seconds on auction site Ebay.

Terapeak said it set price filters on sales of Xbox 360 systems priced more than $250 and less than $1500. There was an average of 19 bids per successful listings and nearly 590,000 bids were placed on $39,562 systems.

The success rate for selling an Xbox 360 on Ebay was 78.2 per cent, while the average selling price was $718 in the first week after units went on sale. Since the first week, the ASP has fallen to $702. µ