T.V. GRAW

bucksnumber1fan

........tube picture is still the best of any format

True, true. They are just so heavy, though it doesn't matter so much unless you plan on moving it around I guess.

I'm very happy with my TV but if I had to buy a new one right now I would probably go with a good LCD. 720p is going to be the native res from the large majority of games, especially the older the 360 gets and the more they start pushing it.

But I'm not buying anything until 1080p drops in price.

yes i was looking for a new t.v. , my twenty inch t.v. just doesnt cut it, i was looking at an 34 inch hdtv that runs 1000$ ( i potentially have up to 2300-2500 Dollars to spend) what kind of t.v. would you guys recomend ? ( i was leaning toward plasma, but the sales guy said it can have a burn in effect, so now im leaning toward LCD)

i was wondering weather i should go with a big t.v. with lower quality picture or a smaller t.v. with a better picture (when i say small i mean 34")

Bucks, depending on what you are looking for as far as size, weight, and picture you can't go wrong with a few models. Personally, I have a 34 in. widescreen Sony XBR series. Sure its big and heavy, but costs less than lcd's, plasma, and dlp and gets better picture than any of them. I would not recommend getting a "lower" lcd, dlp, or plasma as they are not worth the cost, but if you have over a few grand to drop you could begin considering it.

Bucks, depending on what you are looking for as far as size, weight, and picture you can't go wrong with a few models. Personally, I have a 34 in. widescreen Sony XBR series. Sure its big and heavy, but costs less than lcd's, plasma, and dlp and gets better picture than any of them. I would not recommend getting a "lower" lcd, dlp, or plasma as they are not worth the cost, but if you have over a few grand to drop you could begin considering it.

i cant seem to find that tv on the web.

bucks, it's a 50 inch TV, the review for the 60 inch version is on cnet at http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_KDS_R60XBR1/4...7-31481141.html

however it uses the same lamp as the 50 inch vers and general consensus is the picture is slightly better on the 50. It's incredible, amazing picture, relatively small footprint for a TV that uses this technology...check it out.

price wise it's not cheap, expect to pay 3500+ for it

bucks, it's a 50 inch TV, the review for the 60 inch version is on cnet at http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_KDS_R60XBR1/4...7-31481141.html

however it uses the same lamp as the 50 inch vers and general consensus is the picture is slightly better on the 50. It's incredible, amazing picture, relatively small footprint for a TV that uses this technology...check it out.

i only have 2500$ to spend lol, im sure ur paying extra just for the sony name

This is mine, it's a Samsung 32" HD LCD. (dodgy camera phone pic)

mytv.jpg

That looks like my brothers telly, I took my 360 around there tonight. GRAW looked SHARP on it, and sounded awesome through his 5.1 surround sound system. Not so sure the neighbours liked it so much :whistle:

i only have 2500$ to spend lol, im sure ur paying extra just for the sony name

actually if you read the review you'll see it gets rated better than just about any other TV out there, I did months of research before making my decision and it's well worth it IMO, I passed on several LCD and Plasma's that were more expensive to pick this TV up