Ghost Recon.net Forums
Poita

Roving scope view

Another thing i just noticed on the GRAW vids is the way the scope view moves left and right and around the screen.

I guess the whole screen can track too if the angle is needed by the way the big scope circle moves around on the screen looks awful.

A quick confirmation that this feature 'won't' be in GRAW PC would be nice.

Come to think of it, that all that decoration and sci-fi ization of the scope's look 'won't' be in GRAW pc would be good news too.

Again, I have to say that developers and designers need to understand why it that anyone would have a problem with the GR:AW HUD. It is really hard to relate to and accept as a just 6 or 7 years into the future technology. This is why things like the scope (in 360 GR:AW) looks sci-fi like. If GR:AW were suppose to be about SF soldiers 50 years or more into the future, then almost anything would be acceptable.

If SF soldiers really used the technology that GR:AW depicts on a regular basis, we would all embrace the HUD and expect a HUD to be in a game about US Army SF Soldiers. If anything we would get picky about the HUD not being "realistic" to what the SF soldiers are using, just as hardcore flight simm people do.

silent_op

Just because kit its thumbnailed to be for "future" use .. that doesnt mean its has been tried and tested in the field to see if it actualy works well with the actual soldier(s) who will use it. Theres a stage at which they will feedback & test before things are fully deployed.

I think what im trying to say that nothing is realy set in stone for the future as-is .. its always tweaked, and thus a game "depicting" such things can also.

So to tone down on certain "sci-fi" based features is just as realistic as real world kit.

Whether or not anymore changes will happen to the feature this thread refers too I dont know but ... well ... theres a nice ramble from me. :P:)

The more I read my reply the more I question what im trying too say .... god im tired. :wacko:

I don't actually care if it's reasonable to say that soldiers in ten years will have tech like this, i personally think it's bull. Even if they would have it i don't want all that crap in my game.

My main point though is about the circle of the scope view moving lift and right instead of being fixed and having the whole screen pan around looking for a target.

Hate it.

I honestly don't understand why people keep saying "please confirm that this is different from the console version; please confirm that that is different from the console version. I hope this from the console version is different. Hey, I saw this in the console version; please tell me it's not the same in the PC version."

It's different from the console version. It's different from the console version. Aside from storyline, the existence of CC, and some sounds, it's different from the console version.

They're giving us information as fast as they can. Be patient.

And if you're wondering if some some very specific feature is different from the console version, it's different. Will it be different in a way that's to our individual likings? We won't know until we see a demo, but it's different, and looking at the console version as some sort of preview is futile. It's a different game.

--Logos

Edited by Logos

I honestly don't understand why people keep saying "please confirm that this is different from the console version; please confirm that that is different from the console version. I hope this from the console version is different.  Hey, I saw this in the console version; please tell me it's not the same in the PC version." 

It's different from the console version.  It's different from the console version.  Aside from storyline, the existence of CC, and some sounds, it's different from the console version.

They're giving us information as fast as they can.  Be patient. 

And if you're wondering if some some very specific feature is different from the console version, it's different.  Will it be different in a way that's to our individual likings?  We won't know until we see a demo, but it's different, and looking at the console version as some sort of preview is futile.  It's a different game.

--Logos

Well said! Bo must be pulling his hair out reading all these threads about how people don't like this or that console feature.

I honestly don't understand why people keep saying "please confirm that this is different from the console version; please confirm that that is different from the console version. I hope this from the console version is different.  Hey, I saw this in the console version; please tell me it's not the same in the PC version." 

It's different from the console version.  It's different from the console version.  Aside from storyline, the existence of CC, and some sounds, it's different from the console version.

And if you're wondering if some some very specific feature is different from the console version, it's different.  Will it be different in a way that's to our individual likings?  We won't know until we see a demo, but it's different, and looking at the console version as some sort of preview is futile.  It's a different game.

--Logos

Well said! Bo must be pulling his hair out reading all these threads about how people don't like this or that console feature.

all that might be true but what have we got to base our vies of the game so far? untill that is changed thread/p[ots like this will keep comeiong out. peoiple will be people and if they see something they dont like in the media that is aviable as of right now they will say something.

if they see something they dont like in the media that is aviable as of right now they will say something.

You're illustrating my point, Red; the console version is not "available media" for the PC version. They're different games, so the "it's the only thing we have to go on" argument that so many people offer is inherently flawed. We can't "go on" it at all.

What we have to go on are the screenshots and the devchats. That's it. It's not much, but that's what we have. We don't like it, but we don't have anything else, so let's not look anywhere else. :thumbsup:

--Logos

We Share Story/narration with console version. No more.

Mission layout and all gameplay is unique to PC.

PC is different.

Different Engine.

Diffrerent Company.

Different Coutntry.

This statment is actually true.

Enough already the quote from Bo above is a statment to confirm the PC version is nothing like the Console.

I don't like the idea of people censoring what others can or should talk about or ask.

What's it to you if i ask an open question? You saw the thread topic and read the description, why'd you have to drop in and get involved if you dont like it? Bo also doesn't have to bother reading it if he doesn't really want to.

I'm sick of people telling others what they may or may not ask of the gods.

As for GRIN GRAW being a totally different game cept a few sounds and story etc then i say bull to that. You make it sound like RSE threw a rough idea at them and let them run with it. Get real guys, RSE and UBI above them have been checking in on GRIN very regularly and guiding the development of GRIN GRAW. So don't gimme that about how they are total differnt games. GRIN GRAW is a PC'ized version of GRIN 360.

Also, it's exactly these kind of posts that have helped to shape GRIN GRAW, some changes have been made up to the minute because of input buy us lot.

So please quit with the topic-naziism.

We'll talk about whatever we feel like.

As for GRIN GRAW being a totally different game cept a few sounds and story etc then i say bull to that.

If you are not going to believe what they are telling you, why bother asking any questions?

The more I read my reply the more I question what im trying too say .... god im tired.  :wacko:

I really hate it when that happens :yes: . Happens to me also so now and then :wall:

:rofl::rolleyes:

--Logos

As for GRIN GRAW being a totally different game cept a few sounds and story etc then i say bull to that.

If you are not going to believe what they are telling you, why bother asking any questions?

Comon Sence Prevails :thumbsup:

ppl should stop asking/requesting things... just gonna pro-long the game even more... just sit and wait!

I believe them when they very specifically talk about a feature. When it gets to a very 'generalized' vision/overall direction thing i don't. So the answer to why bother asking questions is that i make my questions about a very specific thing so they can either answer it or not but not be vague about it.

For example. I totally believe the real and core reason for the delay is completely a marketing thing. It's to give Xbox360 time to shine, sure they can always use the time to tweak GRAW PC. But i totally believe GRAW PC was in ship shape s'cuse the pun for March. So . . . . . are they allllllways truthful? No. Listing a minor reason for somthing that happened instead of the major reason ammounts on some level to a deception if not an out right lie. It's more of a white lie or even a 'diplomatic' or 'inter departmental political answer.

Our questions and requests and yes even complaints have helped to shape GRAW PC and have probably helped to ward off some consolization of the PC version. I refuse to give up my right to comment on features that i see as a worrisome consolization and if they haven't been addressed yet i'll bring them up even at this late stage.

The scope view floating left and right around the screen is something that cosole devs thought would look 'cool' and 'high tech'. It's natural to worry that it will make it into the PC version and ask about it. Get over it. Sometimes i think these delays have whipped some of you into such a fear of the gods that you are terrified that you might make them frown.

Edited by Poita

Like Rocky said

Why bother posting the question.

My thoughts exactly. :nono:

Dude i just addressed that question.

If GRIN, RSE or UBI give out a general statement that GRIN GRAW is its own game that doesn't at all mean there won't be simiar or even same features. Will GRIN GRAW have a roll when prone? yes. Does GRAW 360 have a roll when prone? yes. Oh but i thought all they had in common were a few sounds and a story???? Of course there will be hundreds of features in common. So don't be so naive when reading such generalised statments.

Did Bo specifically address the 'floating scope' circle yet? No! Therefore i don't assume some general mission statement about the game covers that specific issue. Hence my question.

If GRIN, RSE or UBI give out a general statement that GRIN GRAW is its own game that doesn't at all mean there won't be simiar or even same features. Will GRIN GRAW have a roll when prone? yes. Does GRAW 360 have a roll when prone? yes. Oh but i thought all they had in common were a few sounds and a story????  Of course there will be hundreds of features in common. So don't be so naive when reading such generalised statments.

Did Bo specifically address the 'floating scope' circle yet? No! Therefore i don't assume some general mission statement about the game covers that specific issue. Hence my question.

We don't have a roll left and right.

If GRIN, RSE or UBI give out a general statement that GRIN GRAW is its own game that doesn't at all mean there won't be simiar or even same features. Will GRIN GRAW have a roll when prone? yes. Does GRAW 360 have a roll when prone? yes. Oh but i thought all they had in common were a few sounds and a story????  Of course there will be hundreds of features in common. So don't be so naive when reading such generalised statments.

and... no hitech sights.

The only dumb question is the question not asked. Keep the questions coming Poita, don't let anyone talk you down.

and... no hitech sights.

As we can all see, Bo reads, listens, and values your questions. When has the CEO of a development company ever stepped forward to respond to posts on an unofficial game title site like our ghostrecon.net? Even on a Sunday night, Bo is taking the time to read our posts.

Bo rocks !!!!!

silent_op

The only dumb question is the question not asked. Keep the questions coming Poita, don't let anyone talk you down.

and... no hitech sights.

As we can all see, Bo reads, listens, and values your questions. When has the CEO of a development company ever stepped forward to respond to posts on an unofficial game title site like our ghostrecon.net? Even on a Sunday night, Bo is taking the time to read our posts.

Bo rocks !!!!!

silent_op

Ever heard of Fighterops? No game dev has ever been so upfront to their fans as the ppl at XSI.

www.fighterops.com

Thank's Silent.

I've said it before and i'll say it again . . . Bo is de man.

I'm glad (so so very glad) to hear about the sights. Thought i really would have liked a roll when prone. Or at least some way to quickly get out of dodge when the enemy rounds are tearing up the grass all around me.

Like Rocky said

Why bother posting the question.

My thoughts exactly. :nono:

So, did you really feel he needed back-up there? <_<

Seems to me you're in violation of your own so beloved rule: repetative posting! :rofl:

Lighten up a little....it's all a cat 'n mouse game you know.

Sorry for going off-topic but had to get this off my chest.

I can get some sleep now....

As for Poita claiming to know anything about the PC version of GRAW and its similarity - or lack thereof - to the 360 version etc, then I say bull to that.

Im seeing a pattern here folks.

Ok ... a plan .... Start a thread asking a relevant quesion but in such a way as to confuse, all pile in with reasons why it shouldnt be asked ... then the next wave needs to be at leat one moderator .... then, sit back & wait for Bo to step in the ring to cool it down by answering the very question that was , ummm ... questioned. :P LOL.

(this isnt a dig at anyone but I was honestly noticing how Bo would enter within a minor fude :rocky: ) ....

Within a few of these threads are some Bo gems, is Colin on the case to round em up and put them into the sticky thread?