New Bond Stills

Hatchetforce

If I'm not mistaken, this fella is a british man. which, I'm happy to see. I always felt that BOND should've always been British since he works for MI5 anyway.

The Bond legacy continues..

Heh, you should hear the uproar in the UK, there is major doubts about this guy as Bond.

@ Rocky...why the ell would the UK be ###### about a UK'er being bond? kinda anal mate

@ prozac about him not being the nicest looking fella; hell musicians are some of the ugliest ######'s and they get chicks left and right.

@ Rocky...why the ell would the UK be ###### about a UK'er being bond? kinda anal mate

@ prozac about him not being the nicest looking fella; hell musicians are some of the ugliest ######'s and they get chicks left and right.

In the original books, Bond is portrayed as the English/British 'Chap' with the Naval/Naval Inteligence background. The books, like the Connery Bonds showed him as a fairly ruthless character. IMO, Roger turned him into more of a ladies man, than a spy, with a lot more comedy and inuendo, although good films all the same.

This new bloke's been acting for a while, and is fairly versatile, but I'd have never had him down as a Bond!

So Papa6, re. your Rocky comment, it's not so much him being from the UK [brosnan is Irish ya know?!!!], but whether he looks the part. In other words, just because he's a British actor, doesn't neccesarily make him a good Bond. There's a whole culture surrounding Bond, and people in the UK have grown up, and have been watching him for years.

As for your Prozac comment.......we're talking about BOND here mate......enough said. Unless of course we're talking about Austin Powers. ;)

DS

lol definately NOT austin powers! puhlease. but I think having a british chap in the role is what it takes to make this authentic. i understand the role being a tough bloke, naval guy etc, but that's a tough shoe to fill. get an SAS warrior in the role and I think you'd do fine...but, what if his acting skills suck? :blink:

well for my prozac comment...Bond and music bands can surely put a dent in the female population

Edited by Papa6

Most 'experts' consider Dalton to have nailed it in his first movie. Fleming protested the hiring of Connery...until he saw him on the set, then he became his biggest supporter.

Yeah supposedly Timothy Dalton played Bond as the character in the book. The problem was people were expecting the Bond Connery and Moore had made.

Ya right about Timothy Dalton. I think he got a raw deal because he reminded alot of what Bond should be. He was good.

And what about Pierce Brosnan? I think he was the perfect Bond. Not too dashing, tough and smart. Ready for action and a bit of a ladies man of course. Those brocolli people are stupid to have let Brosnan go. If it wasn't for those moronic comic book scripts they kepty giving him. :rolleyes:

The last movie they made him do the one with halle berry.......total waste of time.

LOL. I hope this tough and gritty new guy pushes the ladies aside and say "get the freak out of my way and let me do my job!" "And while you at it put some damn clothes on woman!"

Then I wanna see him take out the bad guys with no foolin around like hes ex S.A.S. or somethin.

And no ridiculous banter with the evil geniuses. "No Mr. Bond I expect you to......." *tap tap tap* *Bond shoots evil genius twice in teh heart and one in the forehead*

:thumbsup:

And what about Pierce Brosnan?  I think he was the perfect Bond. 
Brosnan was not the perfect Bond. Sean Connery was.

If it wasn't for those moronic comic book scripts they kepty giving him.  :rolleyes:

The last movie they made him do the one with halle berry.......total waste of time.

Agreed. Both Brosnan movies were completely ridiculous.

LOL.  I hope this tough and gritty new guy pushes the ladies aside and say "get the freak out of my way and let me do my job!"  "And while you at it put some damn clothes on woman!"
:nono: Who the hell would tell a woman to get dressed? Unless she was ugly and you weren't that drunk. Besides, pushing women away is not Bond's style.

And no ridiculous banter with the evil geniuses.  "No Mr. Bond I expect you to......." *tap tap tap*  *Bond shoots evil genius twice in teh heart and one in the forehead* 

:thumbsup:

I liked Goldfinger's "No Mr. Bond I expect you to die" line. It was funny. Some people. <_<

LOL.  I hope this tough and gritty new guy pushes the ladies aside and say "get the freak out of my way and let me do my job!"  "And while you at it put some damn clothes on woman!"
:nono: Who the hell would tell a woman to get dressed? Unless she was ugly and you weren't that drunk. Besides, pushing women away is not Bond's style.

Ya ok for a fantasy movie of the hero with the gun in one hand and the supermodel in the other its normal I suppose. Its what the bond movies are really.....fantasy.

But if real warrior commandos are on the hunt and they are raiding some evil geniuses headquarters and they have to find the hidden nuke........

There isn't going to be any witty banter between the two leading actors. A spec-ops team is just gonna bust the door down and torture the ###### asking him "where the freak is the NUKE???". And they won't actually saying freak.

Thats all I meant.

Cause this guy doesn't look like a debonair ladies man. He looks all business. So I hope the new movies will be about all business and not silly fluff like the last movie brosnan made.

Sad thing is that brosnan was begging the producers for him to make a more serious and sophisticated bond movie.

Yes, you can have an action movie with an intelligent script and still have the fun such as the comedy and the ladies. But they decided to not use brosnan to his full potential.

Shame really.

But that's the point. It's supposed to be over the top. It's supposed to be played seriously to the hilt but still be totally sicence fiction. Bond is celluloid's most successful serial character. It is about escapism and things that explode. Yes the character should have a serious side, a cold blooded human weapon side, but character studies need to go out the window.

The World is Not Enough featured one of the most fleshed out 3 dimensional Bond villans ever. But at the same time, international airhead ZJJ Richards as a nuclear physicist? Right. But it's 007 we are talking about here my good chap. :rofl: For real spies watch George Smiley as a supporting character in the Spy Who Came in From The Cold.

http://www.film.u-net.com/Movies/Reviews/Spy_Came_Cold.html

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000228EK...&v=glance&n=130

Or if you fancy a bit more physicality, here is the best fictional spy novel I know that has the Bond edge but a whole dose of reality and believable characters:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/034538576...5Fencoding=UTF8

More twists than a country road with former British soldier Jonathan Pine befriending the worst man in the world. A tour deforce of writing.

Time magazine says:

Book Description

"A beautifully polished, utterly knowing and palpitating book."

Enter the new world of post Cold War espionage. Penetrate the secret world of ruthless arms dealers and drug smugglers who have risen to unthinkable power and wealth. The sinister master of them all is an untouchable Englishman named Roper. Slipping into this maze of peril is a former British soldier, Jonathan Pine, who knows Roper well enough to hate him more than any man on earth. Now Personal vengeance is only part of why Pine is willing to help the men at Whitehall try to bring Roper down....

But that's the point. It's supposed to be over the top. It's supposed to be played seriously to the hilt but still be totally sicence fiction. Bond is celluloid's most successful serial character. It is about escapism and things that explode. Yes the character should have a serious side, a cold blooded human weapon side, but character studies need to go out the window.

The World is Not Enough featured one of the most fleshed out 3 dimensional Bond villans ever. But at the same time, international airhead ZJJ Richards as a nuclear physicist? Right. But it's 007 we are talking about here my good chap.  :rofl:  For real spies watch George Smiley as a supporting character in the Spy Who Came in From The Cold.

http://www.film.u-net.com/Movies/Reviews/Spy_Came_Cold.html

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000228EK...&v=glance&n=130

Or if you fancy a bit more physicality, here is the best fictional spy novel I know that has the Bond edge but a whole dose of reality and believable characters:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/034538576...5Fencoding=UTF8

More twists than a country road with former British soldier Jonathan Pine befriending the worst man in the world. A  tour deforce of writing.

Time magazine says:

Book Description

"A beautifully polished, utterly knowing and palpitating book."

Enter the new world of post Cold War espionage. Penetrate the secret world of ruthless arms dealers and drug smugglers who have risen to unthinkable power and wealth. The sinister master of them all is an untouchable Englishman named Roper. Slipping into this maze of peril is a former British soldier, Jonathan Pine, who knows Roper well enough to hate him more than any man on earth. Now Personal vengeance is only part of why Pine is willing to help the men at Whitehall try to bring Roper down....

Ok, lol.....ZJJ Richards as a nuclear physicist was rather silly. But about this new guy.....well he just doesn't seem like the debonair type. I don't know how hes gonna handle the ladies man bit. Anyone knows when this new movie is going to be out?

And for that matter I kinda miss the Tom Clancy thriller movies. Those were cool and more realistic I think. I'm still waiting on the right actor to play John Clark so they can make the movie version of Rainbox Six. That would be one awesome movie. :thumbsup: