Ghost Recon.net Forums

Wow, thanks for the info Bo and giving us so much info this Sunday! BTW, is that the standard damage model for software physics, or only available when we have an AGEIA PPU?

as i understand it, GRIN is making it so the physics are great for those even without an AGEIA card...

the AGEIA cards just make the experience better...

Wow, thanks for the info Bo and giving us so much info this Sunday!  BTW, is that the standard damage model for software physics, or only available when we have an AGEIA PPU?

what I described was standard. With AGEIA - it is crazy :)

Wow, thanks for the info Bo and giving us so much info this Sunday!  BTW, is that the standard damage model for software physics, or only available when we have an AGEIA PPU?

Can't wait to play this :(

BTW...wht time is it in Sweden? 04:20 am ? Aren'tyou supposed to sleep a lil bit Bo ? lol

Can't wait to play this :(

BTW...wht time is it in Sweden? 04:20 am ? Aren'tyou supposed to sleep a lil bit Bo ? lol

No, its like 3:20am in Sweden and I´m in Europe myself (insomnia loves me lol). Thanks for the answer Bo, I´m very excited! :)

Bo said: Yeah it gets interresting when you hit a parking lot

what I described was standard. With AGEIA - it is crazy

i think im falling in love with Bo and GRIN. there, its out now. :wub:

would it run smooth tho without the ageia ppu??? alot of games these days, when lots of physic calcs are being done at once... it can lag lots.. even with a high end cpu.

would it run smooth tho without the ageia ppu??? alot of games these days, when lots of physic calcs are being done at once... it can lag lots.. even with a high end cpu.

I´m sure it will run well if you have a CPU that is a little bit better than the min. requirements. Havok (software physics engine) isn´t in general all that taxing unless maybe if every single bullet had bullet drop and bullet speed (which GRAW doesn´t have). In that case I could see Havok boging down the CPU a lot.

do grenades have enough power to flip a car?

i can see a explosion of flames from a gas tank, but not completly blowing it up.

:unsure:

Edited by Prozac360

As I said before ferrous materials are what causes sparks. Just shooting a gas tank will not cause a fire. Now, we all have seen cars on fire, especially after an accident. This happens due to the fact the tank was ruptured and metal, scraping concrete or asphault causes the spark that ignites the fuel vapors. You may get an explosion then, but not usually. The fuel tank needs to be under pressure for that to happen and it would need to rupture then for an explosion to happen.

You are right Whiteknight. Although I think most fires in a collision are due to the oil that will leak from the engine after a hit. While the engine being hot as hell the oil sprays out of the ruptured engineblok and caughting fire on the hot engineblock. If this starting fire ignites the fuel from the ruptured fueltank you get a fully burned out car, where only rarely explosions will occur. Nice these technical topics. Learning a lot here!

I'd have to side with WK on this one. When I first tried to shoot gasoline cans I started out with filling 12oz aluminum cans with gasoline. It didn't matter how much fuel we put in it. The round would just go straight through and the gas would leak out. Even shooting the emptied can on the ground would just send it flying with no fire.

Gas cans didn't yield much better results either. Mostly just punching holes in the can with gas leaking out, or just holes being punched through the upper sections with no results.

I have also seen fires start without an explosion. It actually looked more like a miniature flame thrower. Pretty funny stuff.

The only surefire way of getting good explosions was to attach one of those small square exploding targets to the can.

I have seen some good explosions, but it just was not very consistent, or as often as I expected.

Bo said:  Yeah it gets interresting when you hit a parking lot

what I described was standard. With AGEIA - it is crazy

i think im falling in love with Bo and GRIN.  there, its out now.    :wub:

Have you seen the Doc about that condition yet? :whistle: