Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
M95-Sniper

What beast will you need to run GRAW maxed out?

We all know the minimum and recommended requirements. But what you'll need to run GRAW maxed out. All settings maxed out at say a 1600 x 1200 resolution. With at least a 60fps framerate.

Bo, if you'll be so kind, please advice. Realistically speaking.

X1900XT or 7900GT/GTX

Cheers

Edited by M95-Sniper

Seeing as my last yrs Top Notch Graphics card wont run GRAW on MAX i'm thinking of future proofing myself with one of these just to be sure :-

The Cray XT3â„¢ supercomputer

product_xt3_subNavPic.jpg

:rofl:

My 7800GTX OC better be able to carry the load because I'm broke for about the next 5 years. :bye:

LMAO, same here mate, the 7800GTX OC definitely knocks a hole in your wallet, we could have bought xbox 360's and a pile of games for the cost of that thing.

I'm planning on adding the PhysX card to my box and then evaluate. If needed I'll bump up my GPU with a new card. I have a powercolor X800GT currently and it's great but the GPU is getting a bit long in the thooth.

a high en 78xxxx and 79xxxx would be the best. forget about wat u here with the new 1900xtx. This game is made with nvidia support, getting anything other then a nvidia card would just be plain stupid.

Plus nvidias always out perform ATI. Plus SLi kills crossfire by like 40%.

I put off an upgrade, but the misses needed a new GPU. So I gave her my 6800 GT and got the 7800 GS CO (430/1300 @ 475/1350). YEA I'm still AGP but I hope that helps me.

Hate to break it to you Nvidia fans, but ATI has had 2-page ads advertising their X1900XT tech with GR:AW PC (see the latest Max PC mag).

The game will run fine with cards from both companies.

With regards to what specs you need to run everything "maxed out", those of you who played GR1 when it was first released know that even the fastest card in 2001 (GF3) would crawl with GR if you maxed all the settings (mainly because of the shadows). We needed about 1-2 years after GR1 came out to play it maxed at 1600x1200x60fps

Seeing as my last yrs Top Notch Graphics card wont run GRAW on MAX i'm thinking of future proofing myself with one of these just to be sure :-

The Cray XT3â„¢ supercomputer

product_xt3_subNavPic.jpg

:rofl:

Don't make the same mistake as I did with the Cray PC. I bought two for LAN gaming now I can't afford any games, so whats the point of getting it in the first place when you can't afford the games your going to play with.

Plus to add insult to injury, it only comes with two USB ports. <_<

Yes, I'm being sarcastic :rofl: