Ghost Recon.net Forums

Thanks for a response Bo, nice to hear from someone in the know.

Not sure why some people can't understand this won't apply to the PC version.

To Understand Why some people are this way is easy really,

When they have the GR2 debacle still freash in there minds and also the unfortunate lack of PC Info Compared against 360 then this with the news of the delay will upset people.

You can not take that away from them because every one will see / read and interperate the info differantly, and come to differant conclusions, thus producing the speculation that is preverlant previous to Bo Post.

Not every one can and will be as optermistic as those as yourself, its just human nature.

So i can understand Why.

Again.

Cheers Bo,

You are the Man

and Grin is the Team to Bring it Home

Thanks Bo, it is good to hear some personal words of you.

I hope that you make progress and that we get a nice gaming experience soon.

Especially some media (demo :devil: ) would please everyone ;)

Good luck Bo!

Thats good to read from Bo for definate cheers :thumbsup: .

I think it pretty much speaks for itself ... tweaks & enhancement.

The "other crazy thread" that was locked does show how much people want this and also shows the once bitten twice shy effect.

I have alot of respect when people pull something out the hat they dont HAVE to do and this thread is proof of that :rocky:

Right .... whens Ten hammers out? (LOL :P )

ahh damn another delay.... Thanks Bo for posting tho.

Its hard for us hardcore fans as we have been waiting since Nov 05.. but im sure this is all for us to get the best GR expierence ever...

Wish i was playng it right now...

keep up the work GRIN :D

Thanks Bo.

I will tell y'all that Bo believes in his team's work for GRAW. He cared enough to sit with me for some 6 hours last year to answer your questions when I met him last year. What he told me then and what he showed me (and have since told me about that I could tell you about) is that we will have a killer game.

I am a bit bummed at the slip in release, but do not think it is GRIN's fault, but Ubi's. I believe that it will give Bo, Ulf and crew more time to refine the things that need to be refined.

:thumbsup:

but do not think it is GRIN's fault, but Ubi's. I believe that it will give Bo, Ulf and crew more time to refine the things that need to be refined.

[

I know UBI is doing all they can to give you the best game on PC possible - otherwise there would be no delay. You must respect how difficult it is to push a game like this.

I know that UBI is also working to give you material to ease the pain at the moment. We'll jointly see to it that you get this.

It doesn't seem like UBI is to blame, it just seems like GRIN needs a bit more time to tweak it. NOT that I am trying to stick up for UBI or anything. :rolleyes:

I respect developers need their time to do it right, atleast UBI is giving it to you.

I just dont like how UBI does this delay stuff over and over. It gets irritating after 5 years.

UBI does set the time of release right? so if their trying to push the game out before devs think its ready?

Edited by Prozac360

It doesn't seem like UBI is to blame,

Over the past 24 hours, I've been trying to figure out why we have to "blame" someone for the delay? Blame assumes there is fault. What if there isn't any fault, but more like concern for putting out a game worthy of this demanding crowd?

As long as the game is in productin, I don't see where there should be any blame towards anyone or any company. IMO

Now if this is canceled..... :o=

It doesn't seem like UBI is to blame,

Over the past 24 hours, I've been trying to figure out why we have to "blame" someone for the delay? Blame assumes there is fault. What if there isn't any fault, but more like concern for putting out a game worthy of this demanding crowd?

As long as the game is in productin, I don't see where there should be any blame towards anyone or any company. IMO

Now if this is canceled..... :o=

I am a bit bummed at the slip in release, but do not think it is GRIN's fault, but Ubi's.

Did you hear (or read rather) that WK?? :P

Edited by Cutter

Sadly, I think it may actually be a bit of insight for a lot of people. :P

You'd be surprise at how many people seem to think that the quality of GRAW PC or any of its "competitors" is directly tied to their expectations and their dissapointment of this product. Because the product has been delayed, somehow the quality of titles like ArmA goes through the roof, all the quality we were expecting is magically turned to BS, WhiteKnight visited GRIN and was actually hated everything he saw, and Ubi decided to go with a PC version only to string us along and disrespect us.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely think anger and protestation is necessary as far as making sure we're heard and remembered. That being said, only one thing is really going to affect the quality of GRAW PC (and whether it's worth waiting for, buying and playing) and thats the work GRIN and company put into it.

And only one thing determines whether or not I get to make that judgement and that's if the game gets released or not.

Don't be putting words in my mouth. When HangtownSOG picked me to go to Germany, he knew it was a risk as if I didn't like what I saw, I would say so. What I saw did impress me though there were a few things I did not like. Bo knows what they were and has worked to implement new features or alter textures to make them more "realistic" to make it better. I never said I hated everything I saw.

Riot in progress...

(very sad and disappointed) :(

How prophetic? :huh:

Since Mr Sonedecker is looking through the forums....Does Black Foot have anything in the works that will be released soon. As you can see UBI has not met our expectations. I would love to see another company come along and take a big portion of the GR R6 community with them.

Remember that JS was a big part of RSE as a level designer from R6 to GR. He has always taken an interest in what the community says, even if we are a small minority. What we like or dislike may or may not end up in any game he creates in the future. I feel that Blackfoot Studios may grant your wish on taking the Tac-Sim community from Ubi, but that is speculation on my part. ;)

I am a bit bummed at the slip in release, but do not think it is GRIN's fault, but Ubi's.

Did you hear (or read rather) that WK?? :P

Gut feeling! Have I lied to you before? ;)

:clapping:

Congrats to Bo for stopping by and letting us know that our game is still "on its way".

I, like most, have no problem waiting longer if that gives us a more solid product.

The PC community is not that difficult to appease. Just give us a small crumb to let us know that there are still people that care about us and we will be as patient as needed...

Hi Rocky,

I've just come in from the UBI forums to this one as it seems this is where the dev preferr to post and it seems like the more level headed players are all here.

I'm curious, where did Bo post his reply originally?

Thanks,

CW

I'm sorry for any confusion and frustration I've been causing with merging and splitting topics.

Bo's response was getting lost in that other thread, so I split it out here. It can be found on the first page, second post.

This is very reassuring and positive, and the stuff about the AI is very interesting. The whole issue could have been avoided if the pc release date had been estimated as Q2 or not been posted as March 31. I think it just reflects the anticipation for this title.

Jeez i appreciate Bo's statement but it seems all it takes is a nod and a wink from a dev and you all turn into simpering sissies. :)

Let's just all doff our caps and say 'that's all right then, seeing as you put it like that' . . . hehe.

Seriously though. I have a suggestion that might ease our pain.

If UBI release a demo for GRAW PC at the end of March around the now defunct release date it can solve two problems.

1. We can all get a GRAW fix

2. We can help with the bug finding and post em all on forums here.

What say you?

Bo,

:thumbsup: Thank you for stopping by to talk to us. What we needed was confirmation that GR:AW was still being developed. We all wish you could say more, but understand that you may have contractual agreements with UBI. I hope that your team will be able to fine-tune our PC GR:AW for release. From what you have posted, I take it that your team will do what they can. I just hope there is enough budget and time left.

Please feel free to post here and tell us more detailed information, if should feel the urge... :)

silent_op

Thanks Bo, at least now we know where we stand :thumbsup: 

I can only imagine how hard it is for you guys (GRIN) to work together with a company like Ubi$oft :wall:

Hard for sure, but i can put some money that GRIN are more than happy to have been hired for GRAW :P;)

Well... now I can spend that $50 I've been holding on to... :lol:

Don't be putting words in my mouth. When HangtownSOG picked me to go to Germany, he knew it was a risk as if I didn't like what I saw, I would say so. What I saw did impress me though there were a few things I did not like. Bo knows what they were and has worked to implement new features or alter textures to make them more "realistic" to make it better. I never said I hated everything I saw.

Woah, woah, woah!

Someone actually reads my posts :)

WK, my apologies. I was certainly generalizing what I thought your impression of the whole trip was at the moment of my post, but not in that way. Quite the opposite, I thought that you were qutie excited by what you saw, most importantly, by the enthusiasm you saw at GRIN and their eagerness to develop a title the PC community would cherish.

So, back to my post. That was sarcasm. I for one can't see how a delay in the schedule can magically go back in time and change you from liking it to hating it, just like I can't see how a delay in the schedule will magically turn everything we're looking forward to into a pile of crap.

Whatever turned you on about this product, enough that you wrote up you commented excitedly about your trip and turned me (and the rest of us) on was there before the delay and should still be there after the delay. A delay means its coming later, not that it suddenly sucks.

Sorry about the confusion.

Jeez i appreciate Bo's statement but it seems all it takes is a nod and a wink from a dev and you all turn into simpering sissies.  :)

Let's just all doff our caps and say 'that's all right then, seeing as you put it like that' . . . hehe.

Seriously though. I have a suggestion that might ease our pain.

If UBI release a demo for GRAW PC at the end of March around the now defunct release date it can solve two problems.

1. We can all get a GRAW fix

2. We can help with the bug finding and post em all on forums here.

What say you?

Good Idea. Here is the thing though, people would not nearly be as upset if we knew any information at all. Bo, how about this, Sorry guys for the delay, but we feel that we need just a couple more weeks to really fine tune this thing. Take a look at these videos , blah blah blah, show us some stuff, and then again, say something to keep us informed, that is the biggest thing. No one is going to hold gun to your head if you just keep us informed on your progress. Hell, hire a few of us to help you with the beta testing. I'll sign whatever NDA you need, I already have a Top Secret Clearance with the US Gov, so I know i'm not going to say anything, as I am sure most of these people in this forum would do the same. Even if it's just the demo early, we will HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!, but even if UBI wont let you, just keep us INFORMED!!!!!!! I promise, if we knew what was going on, we would all be exicted and on your side.

Hell, hire a few of us to help you with the beta testing.  I'll sign whatever NDA you need,

I'll sign one too AND give part of my left testicle to science to BETA test !!

I hope in using the proper term testicle that I will not be banned as I was only referring to a piece of anatomy.

Hell, hire a few of us to help you with the beta testing.  I'll sign whatever NDA you need,

I hope in using the proper term testicle that I will not be banned as I was only referring to a piece of anatomy.

and how do you know that we haven't got some of the fans playing this already?

and how do you know that we haven't got some of the fans playing this already?

I don't, I just know I would like to be one :D:P

Edited by Cutter

I too appreciate your posts BO. :D

I guess I am even MORE excited now than ever before. My fears that it was a corporate decision to promote one system over another, and just let the PC gamers down, are gone. :yes:

Your reply was reassuring. I for one support the GRIN Team decision.

Great screens too.

Its just that the "clan" I am in just thinks that BF2 is the greatest and I just want to "rock their world" a little with THIS game!!!!! :thumbsup:

I just want to put it to them....make 'em envious. :whistle:

thanks.........