Half Life 2: Episode 2

Cobblers

I thought the G-man regained some control in Ep 2 when the vortigaunts were busy reviving Alyx. Apparently, you can see the G-man observing you again at one point.

As for the woman in the HEV suit bringing the sample crystal, that was Dr. Gina Cross, one of Gordon's co-workers. In the Half-Life: Decay expansion in the PS2 version of Half-Life, 2 players play co-operatively as Dr. Cross and Dr. Collette Green in a story arc that runs parallel to the original game and its other expansions. It was pretty fun IMO.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey WD, ever play Substance Gold? If not, you may get to see a few of your old friends in HL2! ...and a ton of gunships....plus four HEV suites until you beat it in Gordon Tales Mode...don't know about European Survival Mode yet, need to play through that...oh, after you beat the game in G.S.mode you get a fifth HEV - Grey Fox or something - a ninja with a Katana and an XM8 that will jib one n all...just don't use his special powers without a real need....you might call it..unforseen consequences... :lol: those other HEV suits are patterned after other games and film....as in Liquid Snake vs Solid Snake...plus lots of new weaps...

mig :ph34r:

As for the woman in the HEV suit bringing the sample crystal, that was Dr. Gina Cross, one of Gordon's co-workers.

So, we must assume she was killed in the explosion at Black Mesa? I mean, we haven't seen her since the beginning of HL.

Anyone able to determine who the Black Ops male & female 'assassins' in HL: Opposing Force were working for and why they were there? The government sent in the military to sort the mess out, so the Black Ops weren't needed, but we find out in OpFor that the Black Ops were fighting against the military commandos. For this reason, I've always assumed that the Black Ops were working directly for the G-man. Also the Black Ops, near the beginning of OpFor place a nuclear warhead in the back of a truck within Black Mesa (they comment how the military will soon 'figure it out'. But why have them fight against the military? I'll be betting now that Shepherd is something to do with the Borealis, I don't think G-man wants Shepherd on the same side as Freeman

Edited by WytchDokta

I think that Shepherd's unit (Hazardous Environment Containment Unit - HECU) was sent in to contain the situation and prevent anything from getting out. The Xen invaders overwhelm the HECU soldiers (as good as they are) and the assassins are there simply as a secondary backup. In case HECU failed, the assassins would be there to contain and clean up the mess - including any remnants of HECU that may be around or trying to escape.

Since we haven't heard anything about Dr. Cross or Dr. Green we can assume they were killed, but then again...who knows? I mean, where the hell did Magnusson come from all of a sudden :rofl: ? If he survived, thn Dr. Cross and Dr. Green could have also.

I just hope they bring along Adrian Shepherd again. If not working alongside Gordon, then on some intertwining path a la Opposing Force. Bring back Shepherd in his HECU uniform, gas mask, and powered armor and I'll be happy. Screw the MP7, give Shepherd the good ol' MP5 and he'll be good to go.

I just hope they bring along Adrian Shepherd again. If not working alongside Gordon, then on some intertwining path a la Opposing Force. Bring back Shepherd in his HECU uniform, gas mask, and powered armor and I'll be happy. Screw the MP7, give Shepherd the good ol' MP5 and he'll be good to go.

How cool would that be, like in OpFor when you see Freeman doing stuff that you, the player, did in HL1. IIRC, in OpFor, you line up your sights to pop a few rounds in Freemans' head when you see him run towards to the teleporter to Xen. You're just about to pull the trigger when he jumps in. We'd have to have Shepherds' weapons back though for definite, M249, sniper rifle, desert eagle and those alien weapons aswell as the rest of the HL1 weapons he could get in OpFor.

I want to know what happened to 'Otis' the fat security guard that helped Shepherd in OpFor. :lol:

I would love to see Xen again though, or even better, the original HL1 done with HL2 graphics. I'm not talking about the HL Source, that's original HL1 graphics but with Source physics. I think they should re-do the entire HL1 game with HL2 graphics.

How cool would that be, like in OpFor when you see Freeman doing stuff that you, the player, did in HL1. IIRC, in OpFor, you line up your sights to pop a few rounds in Freemans' head when you see him run towards to the teleporter to Xen. You're just about to pull the trigger when he jumps in. We'd have to have Shepherds' weapons back though for definite, M249, sniper rifle, desert eagle and those alien weapons aswell as the rest of the HL1 weapons he could get in OpFor.

I want to know what happened to 'Otis' the fat security guard that helped Shepherd in OpFor. :lol:

I would love to see Xen again though, or even better, the original HL1 done with HL2 graphics. I'm not talking about the HL Source, that's original HL1 graphics but with Source physics. I think they should re-do the entire HL1 game with HL2 graphics.

Then you'd probably like to know about Black Mesa Source. It seems that it's still a ways off from release, but they're pretty far along and they're doing a great job so far. I especially like the music. They've also got the MP5 with a holo-sight and the M4 if you want to switch models. The coolest thing about it is that they're planning to have a co-op mode in it. I just hope they make a HECU or Shepherd model available for use.

OMG, Black Mesa Source pwnt j00! There's some very minor adjustments to the maps I see. Looks like they're keeping it as close to the original as possible. The maps seem missing all the dead bodies ATM. I hope they upgrade some of the textures (unless they weren't playing on the highest texture setting), I mean, for example that in game glock texture looks bad IMO, look just like the texture from HL1.

I strongly suspect you will have a fight wth Kliener at some point.....more unforseen consequences....

@ Mig, why you say that? Reckon Kleiner's got something to hide?

Anyway, which of the many scientists was Kleiner supposed to be in HL1? Was he the one that teleported you to Xen? Was he the one that was in the group of them above the test chamber talking about the test? Was he one of the ones who opened the door to the test chamber? For that matter, which one was Eli? Just curious.

Edited by WytchDokta

Hmmm...I'm not sure about Kleiner. Eli was the one who told you to get to the surface right after the resonance cascade. Magnusson was the one whose chowder you blew up in the microwave :) . I always do that every time I play...but man, I wanted to slap the guy silly in Ep 2. Pompous jerk :rolleyes: . Gordon always does much more and doesn't say anything about it...lol

Edited by GrimeyAK

Haha, I remember that. I just kept hitting it with the crowbar.

Does anyone know where I can find some Opposing Force wallpapers? My google search turns up nothing really. All I was looking for was the image that's on the box art - the one with Adrian Shephard on it. I found one, but it's kind of distorted (I just want the plain image) and it's small (1024x768, I use 1280x1024).