Half Life 2: Episode 2

Cobblers

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocky, seriously, I know you are busy and all, but the game is superb from start to finish. You really need to get these things out fo the way before GR:AW comes out, otherwise you may never get another chance again to play another for jeez, at least another 5 years.

Rocky, seriously, I know you are busy and all, but the game is superb from start to finish.  You really need to get these things out fo the way before GR:AW comes out, otherwise you may never get another chance again to play another for jeez, at least another 5 years.

I know I know!!!

This is the list (I know it off by heart 'cause me and Pave were comparing (ooeer))

Games to complete before GRAW comes out. Current completeness shown in brackets.

GR YOTM (10%), R6:LD (70%), Shadow Ops Red Mercury (70%), Doom3 (??), HL2 (??), Painkiller (??), Syberia (??).

I know what, I'll shut down TE, AGRS and GRNET for 4 weeks. It's the only way I tell ya!

Has anyone else got games they are trying to complete before GRAW?

Well, I do have Doom 3 that I've not completed yet. Suppose I really should look at doing that one before GR:AW comes out. In fact, I might just install it now, but it frightens the crap out of me, so I stopped playing. Will be braver this time around.

Well, it doesn't matter how many times I play that game, it still frightens the crap out of me. The old heart starts pumping and the idea of turning off the flash light is to scarier a thought to think about.

May have to look through the odd walkthrough :whistle: as I'm stuck at the moment as to what to do next. Silly really, already done this part a couple of times too.

• 4 weeks later...

Episode 1 release date is confirmed 31st May .... so Ubi should push GRAW PC not further than mid of May or they loose some first time buyers.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200....2249.59492.htm

GI: How’s development going on Half-Life 2: Episode 1?

Newell: Great. It’s a lot of fun.

GI: Any kind of release date?

Lombardi: May 31st.

• 3 weeks later...
They are going to push this out in 4-6 hourly installments.  Could be good:

INTERVIEW HERE!!!

*must finish Ep1 soon.....*

What? You haven't finished ths? BTW Rocky, the Xbox version, that runs great on the 360 and looks even better, is an en toto port to the console with nothing left out.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait for this one.

What i don't get is - didn't G-man, at the end of HL2, say that he was going to bring Freeman back into the kind of "sleep" he was in between HL and HL2 and "call upon him again when he's needed" (or similar to that)?

Why did G-man even stop time at the end of HL2, if he was going to let Freeman go on about as usual in this new Episode one afterwards? :hmm:

• 2 weeks later...

Rocky I don't know what happeneded when I tried to quote your post, got a red button and then nothing.. HL2 yes!!!! You will get a lost level - Lost Coast on Steam! Mucho fun too. Then after playing you go back with Substance Gold mod! Can't wait for Ep1!! Dog kicking em and Alyx killin antlions! Did anybody notice the Combine Soldiers???

Painkiller - yes! Many a booger to send back home from Purgatory! Some of the coolest maps I ever played on. Asylum is very creepy! Ambient sound does it you know.

:ph34r:

Edited by migryder

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Personally i'm looking forward to the release of TF2 as much as Episode 2 and you get Portal as a bonus to, man you gotta love STEAM.

If TF2 is as good as it sounds in this months PCZONE then it's gonna be a mighty fun TEAM game.

Edited by Dai-San

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Holy Crap! I was just on STEAM cause I saw that wierd update with all the foul and semi-nonsensical language scrolling across the GUI, but instead of writing them I was distracted by the news that Episode 2 will be released on Oct 10!!!!! It is confusing at this point if you will be required to purchase the entire Orange Box Package or not though....check it out...

I did see a retail stand alone price of ca. 30.00 USD too...Hope EP2 can be purchased alone and not for 44 USD as Orange Box will cost...I remember an employ at a nearby GameStop telling me that this Orange Box was coming out in Oct when I queried him about EP2...he was confused as to whether EP2 was part of that...

oh well..EP2!

Not to spoil it for anyone, but does Alyx die in Episode 2? I've just watched the trailers: in the first one there's one of those Vautigaunts(?) carrying a seemingly lifeless Alyx while [the Vautigaunt] says something along the lines of, 'this is most unbearble for anyone'. Seems like the Vautigaunts actually assist you in fighting the Combine in Ep. 2 (remember their electrocution attack in HL?)

Not to spoil it for anyone, but does Alyx die in Episode 2? I've just watched the trailers: in the first one there's one of those Vautigaunts(?) carrying a seemingly lifeless Alyx while [the Vautigaunt] says something along the lines of, 'this is most unbearble for anyone'. Seems like the Vautigaunts actually assist you in fighting the Combine in Ep. 2 (remember their electrocution attack in HL?)

Weren't the Vautigaunts already helping us in EP1?

...as for alyx, then who would they replace the hot, ambiguously lineaged, hintingly bi-sexual, tight jeaned girl with?

Weren't the Vautigaunts already helping us in EP1?

Not in the sense that the resistance were. According to the trailer, they've also got some new attacks too (some psi-wave kinda thing for when you/the Vortigaunt become surrounded with enemies, using the attack knock all the enemies down en masse (something they didn't do in HL2/Ep1). In HL2, you could console command spawn a load of them to help out (in the sense that the resistance help out), sure is an effective tactic on the bit where you start driving around the desert in the car (although not as funny as console command spawning a load of zombies in front of the Combine)

Unless there's some twist, and Alyx is still actually alive (I think she falls off at the beginning, she was holding onto where the train went over the cliff, in which case she'd be mashed up due to the height of the cliff, but the Vortigaunt is carrying here, there's not a scratch on her body). Besides, in the second trailer, the G-man gets hold of her (no pun intended).

Edited by WytchDokta

the Vortigaunts probably have some sort of healing power...there will be much different from what the trailers show...when was the last time you shot down a Strider with an smg and you were not playing Substance Gold?

...how bout that tight jump suit Alyx wears in that mod?

I'm afraid the vids give Ep2 tooooo much of a run n gun feel myself....

Back to Vortigaunts - have you heard the entire Vortigaunt rant? Their take on Gordon and the revolution? They have been your ally since HL2, and will fire one off for ya, they are all over the place in Substance Gold and that changes things up since they kill ant lions and don't like Dog's ball at all...neither does Father Grigori.....nothing funnier than getting a gaggle of zombies trying to kill Dog's ball...shotgun stew.

mig :ph34r: