Official StarForce Feed Back Thread

Colin

What did I say before? Starforce... your days are numbered. UBISOFT, keep your crap to yourself

I uninstalled SP:chaos theory bcz of the starforce drivers. I refuse to install it due to these drivers.

warcloud. naw it hasn't gone gold yet. but they have time to remove starforce if they do.

Edited by Papa6

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colin

Sry me, i has a business trip, and cant comment as you'v asked. But i still read this topic. Will not comment any post here at the moment as all it similar to our forum posts where i'v already commenting and answering.

BTW nice poll on ubisoft forums. ;)

Edited by StarForce

Today, the French Community Manager at the French Ubi forums for Heros of Might and Magic announced that Ubi will no longer use SF on any future Ubi published games (he reiterated this in the English forums too).

I have to say that this decision is based both on fan uproar and in response to the class action lawsuit that was filed in California. It is not known what CP scheme will be used yet though. Hopefully they use something that is not intrusive as SF is.

Smart move Ubi.

Hiya,

Yay! Now it might even appear on my buy list now :yes:. I will still wait to see though, since I only buy games that I feel deserve compensation now. I am glad that finally they are drifting away from that draconian copy protection.

If you want more information check out the Stardock site to see how "honorable" the Starforce guys with companies that don't support antiquated methods. They are a good company that made a couple fantastic turnbased space strategy games.

As always take care, be safe, and farewell

aethalin

^._.^ meow!

i watched somthing on 20/20 last night about behavoral spending...

and compared us to monkeys... bassicly its in our nature if we feel trusted we will be more happy to do buisness with the same people again.

Starforce and most copyright protection schemes makes us feel untrusted... there for if or or if not star force worked we felt we should buy it because of the reasons it existed.

StarDock is a great example too!

Edited by Prozac360

This just in:

In this month's Computer Gaming World, they have an article on Lockdown, and cite problems with StarFarce and Direct2Drive.  It seems D2D has alot of issues with StarFarce protected software.

Be wary if you are going to DL games from them that have StarFarce in them.

Better to buy in a store.

This would be the May issue of CGW though the April issue does have an article on both.

I just bought COD2, and installed it: Amazing game. Anyways back on topic. After playing Riven (I have to beat it it was bugging me ;) )

Anyways it tells me to swap cds and my cd rom and dvd drive refused to open. Never had this before. :wall:

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought COD2, and installed it: Amazing game. Anyways back on topic. After playing Riven (I have to beat it it was bugging me ;) )

Anyways it tells me to swap cds and my cd rom and dvd drive refused to open. Never had this before. :wall:

Sry for late answer - COD2 has SafeDisk protection ;)