GDC VII: Easter Eggs

the.ronin

An Easter egg is an unexpected surprise, perhaps a message, an image, or a sound, hidden in a Web site or in an application program.

:D

screenshot02sy.th.jpg

screenshot14zo.th.jpg

Let’s see what you can find in your favorite video game. It doesn’t have to be Ghost Recon, but it has to be an actual video game screenshot incorporating some reference to Ghost Recon.net ... find the site’s banner plastered along Forza Motorsport’s speedways? Catch a glimpse of Bo covering a corner in Full Spectrum?

The only rules are that the Easter egg image must have been obtained from the public forums here at GR.net ... any image :whistle: . And that it must be incorporated into an actual video game screenshot (although it does not have to be your own screenshot). Although be advised that the image should be convincing enough – cutting and pasting out of a photograph without some bitmap tracing or postarizing may not quite cut it in this GDC.

Welcome to GDC VII ... let the photochopping begin!!

Theme: Easter Egg

Classification: Game Screenshot

Style: Static Image

Size Maximum: Link Thumbnail 500 px wide x 500 px high; 300 kb

(actual screenshot may be any size)

Last Date of Submission: February 3, 2006; 12.00 am GMT

Minimum Point Hurdle: 45

gdc%20award%20vii.gif

PLEASE KEEP ALL ENTRIES IN GOOD TASTE – NO BLATANT VIOLENCE AGAINST ACTUAL PERSONS, NUDITY, INUENDOS, OR ANYTHING THAT MAY BE CONSTRUED AS INSULTING.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like usual…I don’t get it Ronin.

Could the example in post 1 of this thread count for my GDC entry then? Or is it void since it was used for the example and it is not what you want for this GDC.

If yes, I'll chose the #2 screenie for my entry.

If no, I’ll wait for some entries to show up then I’ll understand :P

Ok let me clarify ...

The entry must not be an actual easter egg you found - RatoN, your images up there are NOT entries.

The entry must be a screenshot of an actual game. But it doesn't have to be your screenshot - you can get a screenshot from the GR:AW website, for example.

The Easter egg you incorporate into the entry must incorporate something, anything, related to the ghostrecon.net website. For example, you photoshop the banner into a billboard ad into a Need for Speed screenshot or you incorporate WhiteKnight's mug into a cutscene screenshot. Heck, you can get as complicated as layering Rocky's face into a skin mod for Ghost Recon.

I think its :

1. Grab a screen shot from a game you have while playing it or existing grab.

2. Nab a graphic from any part of GR.net (faces/avatar/headers/peoples pics bla bla bla)

Super-impose the image onto the screen grab of your game in a clever and imaginative way (faking it so it looks like part of the games screen grab)

bosh ....

So I was in farcry turned off my hud to take some screenshots for wallpapers, and out of no where the NOLA Looter came walking by.

lootedwhat11115kf.th.jpg

This guy really gets around. Looting beer from mercenaries is crazy.

Edited by Prozac360

So I was in farcry turned off my hud to take some screenshots for wallpapers, and out of no where the NOLA Looter came walking by.

lootedwhat11115kf.th.jpg

This guy really gets around. Looting beer from mercenaries is crazy.

I just busted a spleen!!!! LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl:

That one is hilarious!...

Good one there ronnie... This is a difficult theme rather chalenging, you know! Does it have to be a PC game, can it be a console game?..

Thanks