Ghost Recon.net Forums
Cpl Ledanek

DO NOT BUY Asus A8N-SLI DELUXE!

I got this board and finally the Chipset Fan gave up. I already have replacement fan from Asus (don't bother emailling them---call and talk to a real person, thats the only way to get the replacement fan. It may take 30-45 minutes waiting for someone, but it takes 3 minutes to process your order and another week for delivery.

Replacing the chipset fan is a pain in the ____. Only way to take it out is to remove the motherboard out of the case.

This site walks you thru the removal.

The A8N-SLI PREMIUM SKIPS the fan-BS idea.

So if anyone is considering getting an Asus SLI mobo, get the Premium. Unless you like assembling and disassembling your rig A LOT, go for the Deluxe.

The mobo itself is pretty good.

should just buy a zalman chipset cooler.

they work great from what I hear. Heavent seen a bad complaint yet.

yeah I'm considering it. Since the case is still open and my wiring job is all screwed up.

It'll take me another week to get my rig up and running.

Yeah my brother had one too and he had endless problems with it. And as for there forum forum it's crap. He got no help of them whot so ever not even when he e-mailed them No Responce. I've had better luck with MSI boards.

Never buy a version 1.0 board ever....

Yeah my brother had one too and he had endless problems with it.  And as for there forum forum it's crap.  He got no help of them whot so ever not even when he e-mailed them  No Responce. I've had better luck with MSI boards.

Never buy a version 1.0 board ever....

:thumbsup: