Ghost Recon.net Forums
BlueRose_76

Google is broke

When i do a search on google (at the webpage or the tiny window on the right upper corner of browser) i got this message:

--

We're sorry...

... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears that your computer or network has been infected.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your computer is free of viruses and other spurious software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.

To continue searching, please type the characters you see below:

---

Then i have to type in a word from a bitmap file to prove that the search request is not automated. After doing this for about two or three times i get my results.

This is really a time consumer, since im googling a lot.

Does anyone know what causes this error and, more important, how to solve this?

Ive done some research myself, which was a pain due to problem, and seems like it has to do with a worm which targets forums (phpBB) through search results. Google seems to blocks certain search words and/or ip-ranges.

My specs: Firefox 1.5 (other browsers do have problems too) on MacOS 10.3 and im on a static IP behind a router. As far as i know there is no virus nor spyware on my computer (take ino account im running on a mac), there is no PC in my network.

Any info welcome! This is really a big pain.

Edited by BlueRose_76

I just used Google with no problem. The Earthlink Toolbar is a branded Google toolbar and I use it all the time and haven't noticed any problems with it.

It started about 1 1/2 month ago incidentely, but since two weeks its on every freaking request. Its not that google is down at this very moment, it only effects certain users (otherwise the whole web community would have gone APE by now). See more here. Still no solution.

This has recently become quite a problem. We had it happen at work about 6 months ago when we really were sending them automated requests but in the last month or so more and more people are getting it.

Scan for viruses and spyware but more than likely is that you share your IP range with someone who is infected and Google has blocked that range. Try rebooting your router and hope you get a different IP address.

This has recently become quite a problem. We had it happen at work about 6 months ago when we really were sending them automated requests but in the last month or so more and more people are getting it.

Scan for viruses and spyware but more than likely is that you share your IP range with someone who is infected and Google has blocked that range. Try rebooting your router and hope you get a different IP address.

Thanks, but unfortunate it didnt work out (still on the same ip adress).

If anyone has more info on this issue, much appriciated.