Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
firefly2442

Computer dying (vid card issue)?

What do you guys think of buying refurbished parts?  Any problems or issues that you've encountered?  I'm a little leery about buying something that someone may have used 24/7 and driven into the ground.

The refurb card I got was onne that Newegg actually got a deal on from Leadtek. I talked to Leadtek before buying mine, and they test each card thoroughly before sending it out, and it comes with the full warranty.

I think I might just wait til the ATI card gets repaired. When looking at the speeds and performances of the 6800 series I'm not sure if it would be worth it to spend all this money now. Maybe I'll just start saving up for a new system that will be able to use PCI Express. Thanks very much for the help everyone. :)

I think I might just wait til the ATI card gets repaired.  When looking at the speeds and performances of the 6800 series I'm not sure if it would be worth it to spend all this money now.  Maybe I'll just start saving up for a new system that will be able to use PCI Express.  Thanks very much for the help everyone. :)

That's a good idea, bro.

I'm finding myself thinking the same thing. :thumbsup:

Well, I got the replacement from ATI today. Seems to be working fine. It looks like it's a refurbished card not new but still a good deal that they fix em. Now to play those games I was looking forward to.... ;)

Well, I got the replacement from ATI today.  Seems to be working fine.  It looks like it's a refurbished card not new but still a good deal that they fix em.  Now to play those games I was looking forward to.... ;)

Even if it is refurbished, the warranty coverage still stands. If they sent it to you, they cover it. 3 years.