Ghost Recon.net Forums

What Ati drivers you using? have you checked with the game manufacturer for patches or known problems? Does your Powersupply get hot?

Memory could be the problem... can you look that mainboard up on your memory manufactuer's website and see if it is compatible with that board? (we use kingston at work because you can match it to the board and low failure rate)

With corruption , it is usually, either video memory (on the video card) or system ram, or possibly a bad bios or jumper setting. Check the board and make sure there isn't an extra standoff under it shorting it out. Also if a via board, get the latest via drivers at http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageI...ID=1&CatID=1070

(ONLY FOR VIA'S)

They are required for stability.

I've seen this a lot with amd based setups. Not actually amd's fault, but the people who build them usually cut to many corners for cost or go with an odd mainboard.

Phantom, i have 512MB Ram, i checked my ram before i sent it back . i dont know who made it , but im pretty sure its compatible, it said S.M.A.R.T. something on it, and my motherboard supports it.. its even on the Motherboard launching screen (the black thing when u start it up, under american megatrends..)proccessor , i did say.. AMD Athlon XP 1900+ (im not sure there) and 1.9 GHz (which is terrible , i refuse to take it without my old AMD Athlon 2600+ 2.08 GHz or above back.)

I think Faulty card or messy heat problems..

Also , the PC guy , hes stalling.. im pretty sure.. We think hes waiting so the smart guy (that only comes like 2 times a week) to come in from way across state and work on it.. (So im hoping myabe he will install a heatsink or something on it) instead of just putting a new card in ( i wont take anything that is ATLEAST not overclock to something like a Radeon, or just a normal comparable card, by thing i mean a Geforce or Radeon, really close.

Anyway , ive regained a bit of hope since he aint working on it i dont think..

Guess i might as well try , its free anyway.. just aint patient :@

ROCOAFZ ill make a note of that to send to the PC Shop :)

Edited by Fragbox

GO TO A DIFFERENT COMPUTER SHOP!

Its obvious that these guys dont know what they are doing, get someone else to examine it and tell you the problem. These is only so much the guy here can do without looking at the computer.

Lol... like i siad , i dont got the money to be charge 160 dollars (the same cost as a 9800) to go somewhere else... if i do that they probably dont know whatt he problem is anyway... and not everyones worked on the pc , theres just 1 guy thats doing it..

1 guyyy , really tohugh , they send pcs throughout the state , recycle , give to schools and such. And theyre assigned by the state :P ill wait , if it gets that bad i will , right now i barely got the money.. lol and the other guy, hes working on it , ive even seen him , so its not like hes not working on it, theyve fixed all my other problems, monit / vpu recovery / blue screen problems... (and theyre microsoft authorized refurbishers) (not that it probably matters) and they have a ton of buissness going :P, im not saying theyre the best , but they arent that bad.. its that one guy that sould be fired...

i believe theyres only 1 or 2 currently down around them (the town, Tappahanock ,Virginia)

one time a cd rom was broke , and we went to some otherp lace , they charged us like 160 damn dollrs for a 14x cd rom drive!

besides , you know how much gas costs to take it all the way to the state capital? (thats an absolute last resort alternative for me..)

if i was rich id just buy a new one ;)

Edited by Fragbox

ok well this is an AGP card right? Old agp graphics card are cheap as chips.

Im talking $15AUD or less.

Find a second hand one that works, put it in, install some drivers off the web, and se if anything breaks.

grrr this is ###### me off , whoever says it the proccessor and i need to spend 100 ######ing dollars on.. grrr but oh well , idunno , if they changed the video card then i dont know thing is , how can it be the ###### proccessor , they changed it already (and to a 1.9 GHz, ###### he says its gone, i dont know I think im calling the peoples boss , if it was that it should have been fixed way before now , now it could be that , but i doubt it.

Edited by Fragbox

Edited Update, Some other guy than the last two that worked on it ( im guessing), says the proccessor is dead, thing is , they changed it to this one , so if thats dead , they should put my old one in and try it..

gotta make sure they tried everything , trial and error....

Edited Update, Some other guy than the last two that worked on it ( im guessing), says the proccessor is dead,  thing is , they changed it to this one , so if thats dead , they should put my old one in and try it..

gotta make sure they tried everything , trial and error....

Sounds to me like they are F@#$ing you around, and ripping you for your parts.

No reputable shop downgrades PC parts trying to fix an issue.

So far they have taken your good processor, and your good video card, and DOWNGRADED you.

I'm with Dan. You have taken it deep enough without any lube from these guys, that it's going to leave splinters when they pull out.

Get rid of them.

These guys are con-artists. A reputable shop would UPGRADE you, not the reverse.

You are and have been taken for a ride. Time to try a different pony in the merri-go-round.

And feel free to show this to them.

Edited by =UE=Phantom

Well, my video card is still the same as what i had, so i dont know what ya mean there (i got a Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128-bit Atlantis, and they got a replacement , same one) The proccessor , i sent a note telling them its slower , and im getting it back or im gonna say ###### them.. If i have to buy another one (he claims i need to pay 100$ for one , i swear to god it better be up to spec or better..)

Thats why i think im calling theyre boss about it , we already paid a long time ago , and it hasent been fixed sent , they better gaurentee it will fix it.

Edited by Fragbox

Get nice and angry with him. tell him that you paid for something, and they didnt do it. then they replaced your parts with lower grade components, and still havnt solved the problem. If he doesnt do anything for you, call some kind of Consumer watch dog group, and get them to go down there and start dishing out some head kickings.

Get nice and angry with him. tell him that you paid for something, and they didnt do it. then they replaced your parts with lower grade components, and still havnt solved the problem. If he doesnt do anything for you, call some kind of Consumer watch dog group, and get them to go down there and start dishing out some head kickings.

:rofl: I'd do that, but if they actually fix it this time, i dont know , ill probably take it out on theyre boss :thumbsup:. And not everything was replaced with lower grade parts , Maybe the motherboard , PSU , and Proccessor (which i better get back). :sheep: Anyway, im not paying for it , thats for sure (Unless maybe they can prove it will work.) And if its a dead proccessor, why should i be charged for what they put in (if it was Dead on Arrival it was theyre proccessor).. I didnt ask for a new proccessor :rolleyes:.

Anyway, ill get to it..

you shouldnt have to mess with these things. These fools should be checking the BIOS. And a downgraded motherboard and CPU is something to kick up a stink about. It doesnt matter how good your graphics card is if you computer only has the processing power of a kettle.