Ghost Recon.net Forums
WhiteKnight77

GR.net Email

If anyone recieves an email from the email address Register@ghostrecon.net do not open it. It will not be from us and it contains a trojan. I repeat, do NOT open it.

The emails name is called Last Warning.

I get emails all the time from "Ghostrecon.net Admin", which is wierd, I am the Admin lol. *binned*.

I have gotten 3 more today all from Admin or Mail or Register.

Remember, if it is from them with an attacthment, ######can it immediately as it is infected.

I get emails all the time from "Ghostrecon.net Admin", which is wierd, I am the Admin lol. *binned*.

Umm Rocky.... Not to nit pick but is that suppose to say *pinned* and not *binned*?

Stout Hearts

|RE|Warhawk

Look at this email I got sent with a virus attached. Obviously it looked just a little suspicious to me in particular.

Dear Ghostrecon Member,

Your e-mail account was used to send a huge amount of unsolicited spam messages during the recent week. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and confirm the attached document so you will not run into any future problems with the online service.

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to cancel your membership.

Virtually yours,

The Ghostrecon Support Team

Yeah, since the forum was crashed and the server lost, I have noticed a marked increase in these where as prior to, I never got anything of the sort. Dunno why that happened all of a sudden and I wonder if it is the hackers now spoofing us.

Here is information from the Recieved from line:

from ghostrecon.net (c-67-182-181-183.hsd1.ca.comcast.net [67.182.181.183]) by localhost.localdomain (Postfix) with ESMTP id D57FED08439

for <whiteknight@ghostrecon.net>; Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:09:30 +0100 (BST)

It's coming from Canada somewhere from the looks of things.

It's coming from Canada somewhere from the looks of things.

Impossible. Comcast doesn't operate here.

A trace of the IP shows it coming from a Comcast Cable account in Mount Laurel, New Jersey.

Rocky may want or all of us that receive these emails can send it to ISP and to comcast.

Seems there are more than ghostrecon.net that gets "used" when it comes to sending out these emails, I recieved 2 emails yesterday from register@snowfella-modworks.com and support@snowfella-modworks.com yesterday....both containing viruses! :wall:

And I just got one from jointopscentral.com.

Bah. This is just rocky's first stop in his scheme to take over everyone's compuers and then the world. :)