Ghost Recon.net Forums
ARDelta

Masters of Chaos (Book)

This book is a great read really and yes, there is someone here featured in the book as previously guessed.

Has anyone read this book?  Is it good?  I was thinking about getting it.

Yes and yes :ph34r:

I've read it 3x already, I read quite a bit, and typically sell off or trade with Pop after I'm done, this one will stay in my collection.

I've been reading it and have been thoroughly enjoying it. It's one military book that doesn't bore me to death. What I've found "wierd" to deal with is actually knowing/have met people that are in the book.

Ditto. Almost surreal in ways.

Just in case anyone is still on fence about reading it....... It gets my vote for a great read hands down. Terrific subject matter and very interesting.

Lot's of good material in there. :thumbsup:

-John

I went to two different book stores yesterday (local and chapters/indigo). Neither had it in store. Is it a new book? :blink:

It's about a year & a half old JTF-2, already in second edition.

Ordering Online has always been the way to go for me - Amazon or Ebay, I rarely buy a book in the store anymore.

Amazon

I actually had gotten a good deal on the book through e-bay. Spent about $10 for a very good condition hardback book.

Thanks guys. I like to support the local bookstore when I can. BUt i guess this time I can't.

online it is :thumbsup:

:) I also read and greatly enjoyed the book.

It put to rest some of the myths I had about special forces only engaging in stealthy guerilla style types of combat.

Modern combat has changed alot, and often Special Forces are now tasked with taking out large numbers of enemies through superior weapondry (that's a word right?) and tactics.

:thumbsup: A great read.

Just picked it up in my local bookstore. (looks like it came out in Canada a little later than in other places).

Amazingly well written for a military book. Well maybe that's unfair, it's well written for any book. A lot of this military stuff can be drudge, my little brother could write better than most of these writers.

But Masters of Chaos is great! She approaches the subject with respect, but also with a kind of honesty and humility that is often so lacking in these sorts of books. I hope Masters of Chaos becomes to the military non-fiction what The Double Helix is to the history of science. Both de-deify the subject, making it both more relevant and more impressive. Very nicely done Ms. Robinson :thumbsup:

/my grade 8 book report....

Yeah, I picked up a copy the other day, I'm only 3 chapters in but I have to say it's the most interesting read I've had for a while! Definately going on my 'read again' shelf after I'm done!

Thanks to whoever brought this up!

Masters of Chaos?

An excellent book: I picked it up about nine months ago from my favourite online bookseller:

www.abebooks.com

If you haven't already... get and read!!

Theo

Edited by TheoRetiKule

Can I get it autographed by our "Consultant?" :)

That would devalue the book....

j/k, HF, you know I love you. :wub:

Can I get it autographed by our "Consultant?" :)

That would devalue the book....

j/k, HF, you know I love you. :wub:

only you can get away with it... :thumbsup:

I take it as Negatory on the autograph or he must be out of town, fishing perhaps? :shifty:

Ok finally got my copy, WITHOUT mentioning his name PLEASE. I'm sure he would appreciate.

What Chapter is he in?

I remember his unit name/team name but forgot his name.

I just need the chapter.

thx