Masters of Chaos (Book)

ARDelta

I've been reading it and have been thoroughly enjoying it. It's one military book that doesn't bore me to death. What I've found "wierd" to deal with is actually knowing/have met people that are in the book.

Ditto. Almost surreal in ways.

:) I also read and greatly enjoyed the book.

It put to rest some of the myths I had about special forces only engaging in stealthy guerilla style types of combat.

Modern combat has changed alot, and often Special Forces are now tasked with taking out large numbers of enemies through superior weapondry (that's a word right?) and tactics.

:thumbsup: A great read.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked it up in my local bookstore. (looks like it came out in Canada a little later than in other places).

Amazingly well written for a military book. Well maybe that's unfair, it's well written for any book. A lot of this military stuff can be drudge, my little brother could write better than most of these writers.

But Masters of Chaos is great! She approaches the subject with respect, but also with a kind of honesty and humility that is often so lacking in these sorts of books. I hope Masters of Chaos becomes to the military non-fiction what The Double Helix is to the history of science. Both de-deify the subject, making it both more relevant and more impressive. Very nicely done Ms. Robinson :thumbsup:

/my grade 8 book report....

Yeah, I picked up a copy the other day, I'm only 3 chapters in but I have to say it's the most interesting read I've had for a while! Definately going on my 'read again' shelf after I'm done!

Thanks to whoever brought this up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...