NOW IS THE TIME!

WytchDokta

Yes, now is indeed the time. Time for what, you ask. Well, tonight is time for the long awaited embrace....

I have finally finished and uploaded my track formerly known as "Ghost Recon: Far Out". I have renamed the track to "Sin-R-G" ('synergy' to you and I).

I didn't manage to get in all of the samples I hoped to get in.

The overall structure of the track is the same - start out with a bit of breakbeat. I then play 2 Unlimited's "No Limit" (where the guys is rapping). I then loop the 2 Unlimited bit again....when you hear the guy rapping for the second time round you will also hear it being mixed lived by me into my own stuff (my beat is different to the 2 Unlimited beat, it may sound out to you, but the PM's of both beats are the same). Before the rapping comes in, everything slows down, literally.

Those of you who remember the early nineties rave era will recognise some of the samples in Sin-R-G. I've also put in samples from Bloodhound Gang and Beverley Craven. You will also hear samples from some of my other tracks, like the main vocal hook from my track "(There Is) Life In Space" for example.

Excluding my electro breakbeat, there's like 3 different beats troughout the course of the track. The Bloodhound Gang sample at the begining sounds out of time, it's actually the same speed as my beat, jut the voice of the guys singing is slower than on the original Bloodhound Gang track. Upon closer inspection, I believe there may be a problem with speed of the bass on an occasion. I can't really tell though.

So I'm looking for feedback. BTW, the track s 4:15 long. Well here she is:

"Sin-R-G" -- DJ Definitely

Enjoy!

I'll be posting up some of my other tracks shortly.

Sounding better than I have expected :D

All I can tell is that the beats on the last part when you hear the Blade1:Slaughterhouse disco track (dont know the name) are way to fast.... my subwoofer nearly exploded :blink:

That is not really the kind of music I like but you did a good job on that.

Sounding better than I have expected :D

All I can tell is that the beats on the last part when you hear the Blade1:Slaughterhouse disco track (dont know the name) are way to fast.... my subwoofer nearly exploded :blink:

My beat on that part is 140 BPM, I time-stetched the blade sample to 140 BPM, o it ain't too fast. There sounds to be 1 part where the blade riff is slightly out of time though, but I know about that already. I could fix that, but, for some reason, it won't load up my track anymore. So, I'm gonna have to leave it how it is for now, the only way to make corrects to the track now is to start from scratch (cuz it won't load up)

Besides, it was, in effect, a ruhed released of Sin-R-G -- there are a few corrections that need to be made (that I'm aware of), hence it ain't quite finished yet. I just thought I'd post it up to get some feedback.

Now for a little time-stetching of the Braveheart main theme tune....

Edited by .:Nightmare:.

I have the tiniest knowledge of this stuff possible from what Ive learnt off McNamee, but to me that just sounds like jumble of sounds thrown together with some effects and a random beat. It has no structure or meaning to it. I prefer McNamee's stuff. Thats my C+C, look foward to hearing more of your things in the future, I know that the learning curve at this stuff is steep to begin with.

*lets get the glow sticks!* :starwars:

I dont fancy techno music but i have listened to it and i also think it sounds like alot of stuff thrown together. It goes from 1 thing to another without having some sort of meaning to what the song is about.

Sin-R-G was just to show of a few of my abilities. It wasn't meant to have a meaning etc. I treat Sin-R-G as a side project, not really one of my mainstream tracks, just something to show off a few things I can do. "Raveheart (Joining of The Clans) is one of my mainstream tracks, I'll be posting it up shortly.

Raveheart does has a meaning, no samples all thrown in together, structured alot better. It's cool, it starts of with a woman whispering: "Wake up William, you're dreaming" (that's my referance to the movie, I made that vocal myself using my voice generator. It's when William Wallace is dreaming about the girl he loved, but she's dead, he thinks the dream is real. I can't remember exactly what she says at that point in the movie, but it's along the lines of "Wake up William, you're dreaming")

I then start with the actual theme from Braveheart, got the flute and all. That goes on for about 50 seconds. So, it's like a minute-long intro to my track. Also, as this "intro" is going along, you hear the woman's voice whispering: "Raveheart", then a little while later: "Joining of The Clans". The hardest thing is getting the bassline to match the main riff, when the riff goes up a pitch, I wanna shift the bassline up a pitch etc.

I made a "raved-up" riff from the Braveheart theme tune to be used as my main riff. I don't switch from one thing to another in Raveheart either.

It's the same for all my tracks really, like I said, Sin-R-G was just to show off. Sin-R-G is different from all my other tracks, that was intentional.

JFYI, I'll probably post up "Fire! (Like Dis)" later on too. Now that's one for ya.... proper rock guitar riff, with cool rumming (and no it's not techno druming). Thoe of you ho have seen the movie "Me, Myself & Irene", were the gets mad - that's the drumming I'll be using.

I don't just do techno, I am not one-sided.

Raveheart is ready, just need to upload it now. It's my club mix version -- my original Raveheart tune is hardcore. The hardcore version is faster and a bit more mental.

Raveheart currently stands at 05:37 long. I've don't use the same beats/basslines etc in every track (in-R-G was a side project so it don't count). You willnotice different a different hihat (there's actually 2 'hats), bassline, beat and clap in Raveheart. I got the "galloping" style bass in Raveheart, I guess you could define Raveheart as hard trance. I got a nice "shaker" thingy in there too.

If I can finish up the hardcore version tomorrow, I'll post that up too.

Lol, and you still say I change it too much, I should let things roll! (referring to our chat on MSN) I ain't one to loop the beat for like 3 minutes straight before anything else happens. I also don't like to bring in other elements like the hat/main riff with just a cymbal or a drum roll. I look for other ways to do it.

Raveheart is structured a bit like a mainstream hardhouse track I have right here, it's by Retox. They start their track with beat, hat and clap, then the bring in the bass after a drum roll (so this type of structure is nothing out of the ordinary). This is what the structure of Raveheart is based upon.

Also, the first instance of the Raveheart riff comes in for a few seconds (after the beat etc has stopped), then it reverts back to the beats etc bringing in a new riff - this is another common stucture for mainstream tracks by professionl DJ's.

All of my tracks start differently, have slightly different structure, ue different beats etc from each other etc.

Anyway, Life In Space is ready for upload now. It's 5:17 long. It has vocals once again done in a voice generator. I've opted for a human voice - other people have said I should have used a robot voice. There's a reason why I have used a human voice - this track is not entirely about aliens invading the earth. It's not from the aliens point of view, is from a human point of view. It starts off with "I am back" - this is nothing to do with aliens (or the Terminator 3 movie fo that matter), this is referring to the fact that DJ Definitely is back with another track. The voice in the track is to represent my voice (it ain't actually my voice though). "They will come before the beginning of the next century" - this is me forwarning people. So you can now see why I didn't use a robot voice.

EDIT: I haven't the time to upload Life In Space right now, I have to head to head back to work about 10 o'clock this morning. Also, considering the fact I work 5 days away from home.... Anyway, they've given me friday off this week, gives me chance to get home on thursday night and post up Life In Space. I have a few minor adjustments to make to Life In Space anyway. Also, this coming weekend, I will be uploading a few more of my tracks: "Fire!!" (with proper drumming and a good electric guitar riff), "TechNo Limits" [vs. 2 Unlimited] (using elements from "No Limits" by 2 Unlimited) and "Rhythm Is A Trancer" (this has nothing to do wth Rhythm Is A Dancer by Snap!)

well its good too try different arangements in tunes nothing wrong with it.. u just need a good imagination not that yours is crap.. I did enjoy em.. Anywayz i would sure like to hear rythm is a trancer and techno limits.. Those are classics!..

Are u gonna try haddaway - what is love? :rocky:

Hey.. Remember this?..

TECHNO WILL NEVER DIE

*as william wallace FREEEDOOOOM!* :thumbsup:

oh my mobo failed again!.. damn PC.. thats why i disapeared of MSN <_<

Ok, here we go. I just been down in the lab again. Raveheart has beeen updated.

Raveheart (Joining of The Clans) **updated**

So what's new in the updated version?:-

-Some male vocals

-Restructured breakdown (now there's a cool breakbeat bit where I use the beat and clap that I use throughout Raveheart)

-A few other minor adjustments

I don't care what the scientists say, there IS life in space. Period.

(There Is) Life In Space

Regarding the links, they work for some and not for others it seems. They work for me fine. Goosebumps had a bit of trouble with the links at first, eventually they worked for him. They work for Force....

I must give a warning about the ferocity of the beat in Life In Space. This one is for those who like it hard. There's a helluva mental trance style lead riff in this one. There's a squeeky riff too, like in Raveheart, but I assure you, this is different from the squeeky riff in Raveheart (it sounds the same I know, but listen carefully.... the bassline "moves" with the squeeky riff)....Beware of the voices....

Rhythm Is A Trancer and TechNo Limits (note: capital "N") are on the way. I stress again, Rythm Is A Trancer has nothing to do with Rhythm Is A Dancer by Snap!, it's just a play on words.

Now, lemme get my rave on....

what did u use nightmare....what synth/patch did you use to get the 303 rip-off effect line...and what did you use for drums - programmed or loops? how did you sequence them? did you write the bassline or is it just lifted audio from elsewhere...?

just wondering.

Thanx. I will keep 'em comin' - the end is a long way off.

Just to let you guys know, I'm working on several tracks at once here, I hope to upload 3 tracks tonight. Some of the tracks I'm working on:

Fire!

Features an electric guitar riff and proper drumming.... or should that be "proper bo" drumming. Fire! is designed specifically for an upcoming GR mod, hence this track won't be very long.

TechNo Limits (DJ Definitely versus 2 Unlimited)

Features elements from No Limits.... you will hear vocals like "lemme hear you say yeah", "techno techno techno techno" etc, as in the original, but, these vocals will be done in the voice generator (I won't be sampling the male vocals from the original). Will also feature the No Limits main riff. This track will have a normal bassline (not the "galloping" style as in Life In Space or Raveheart). Some samples from Sin-R-G (like "Let's go!" etc) may be present. Please note the capital "N" in the title of this track, it's important (whenever anyone writes the name of this track, they must put it with a capital "N")

Rhythm Is A Trancer

Featues a cool trance style riff. Will be more laidback and slightly slower than the rest.

Balearic style track (currently untitled)

This one is a cross between Spanish/Brazilian style - it will feature a more laidback beat than the rest, steel drums (hopefully), bongo's, acoustic guitar riff (I play the acoustic guitar btw), whistles, etc. This won't be carnival music!! I may make this one slower than the rest too. Actually, I'm a prolly call this track "Chili Con Carnage", then again, chili con carne ain't Brazilian or Spanish is it? I wanna give it, if possible, a Spanish title but I don't know any Spanish....

Another track for an upcoming GR mod (currently untitled)

This one is cool!! No beat.... this one got a military style drum roll throughout, a life support machine and heartbeat monitor (how did I do that you ask, well, the anwer is: as if by magic). There will be other stuff too, maybe a few "strings" and trumpets etc. I may end this track with the very long beep of the life support machine (representing loss of life).

Have no fear, DJ Definitely is hear....as a voice says in Raveheart....

what did u use nightmare....what synth/patch did you use to get the 303 rip-off effect line...and what did you use for drums - programmed or loops? how did you sequence them? did you write the bassline or is it just lifted audio from elsewhere...?

just wondering.

It's all done by myself, using a few FX, transposing etc a few things I made. the drums are loops, I made them though. I use Cubasis VST 5.0 to structure the track, to put it all together. I'll just make a riff, load it up in a wave editor, edit is, add FX and away we go. Basically, the bassline in Life In Space is a transposed version of the bassline in Raveheart.