Virus that attacks PHP forums

Yodasplat

I am still reading on this, but I think this is only a concern for PHPbb boards. Funnily enough I recall chatting to our webhost 3 weeks ago, and he was flat out working on patching all his servers because of a new vurnerability with PHPbb boards. I searched the web and found nothing, and he told me that news had not leaked out mainstream, but that sysadmins were working flat out patching their servers.

busted_cop.gif

OMG'z!!!! Spammers!!!!!!!

[3.10] Spam Do not use our Forums to advertise your business or seek personal gain. People come here to read about Ghost Recon and related topics. The definition of "spam" is down to the forum moderator in the first instance. If you are unsure about making a post, ask via private message or e-mail.

:P

It got in through the 3dretreat forums, and attacked the server from there, including your pages there. I believe that's how it works.

3d Retreat uses Snitz forums, not PHPbb. The problem was that another website hosted on the same server used PHPbb and was not secured.

Fortunately we do regular backups and the majority of the site and our forums was pretty much back to normal within 3 hours of the attack.