Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RAbbi_74

About Kit Matrix and standard GR weapons

:blink: OK, I have a bit of an issue here. First, I downloaded and installed the M4 Armoury, Sniper Armoury, and 7.62mm mods for weapons. The thing is, I definitely don't want nor need ALL of the weapons contained therein. So here I go with the NOOB questions:

1.) would it be a problem to move files from these mods on selected weapons to the GR folders?

2.) do I absolutely need to have those mods activated for the associated weapons to be added to kits through KitMatrix?

3.) would it royally screw things up to REPLACE weapons/equipment/kits from GR with others of my choosing from these mods?

A note: to the folks who made the above-mentioned mods, you are AWESOME. I'm especially fond of the M4's and the PSG-1 SD sniper rifle, and the MP-5a3/SD is one of my all-time favorites from R6.

Yet another NOOBster's note: Basically, the kits I'm trying to make available to myself for missions and quick missions are:

PSG-1SD + MP5a3SD or M67i

M4 sopmod + M67i

M240 + M67i or 1911SD or MP5a3SD

Any help/advice/taunting is greatly appreciated, and Happy Hunting!

-RAbbi

Just remeber when you delete a kit from the kits folder youll need to edit the kit restrictions files and delete the kit names in there also.

Just remeber when you delete a kit from the kits folder youll need to edit the kit restrictions files and delete the kit names in there also.

Wasn't there a mod a couple of years ago that allowed you to have a rifle and a m-4 type weapon. I thought it was called a kit builder, but it was a while ago. I also have problems with trying to modify kits. I think all the mod kits are AWESOME!!, but it's like cable 10, 000 channels of everything you don't want and not one channel with what you do want...????

Make a small mod of your own with your own kits with weapons of your choosing. You can make the kits in Igor or notepad. If you use weapons that are not in origmiss,mp1 or mp2, make an equipment folder. Add a modscont.txt file. You can put any 2 weapons together in a kit.

Wasn't there a mod a couple of years ago that allowed you to have a rifle and a m-4 type weapon. I thought it was called a kit builder, but it was a while ago. I also have problems with trying to modify kits. I think all the mod kits are AWESOME!!, but it's like cable 10, 000 channels of everything you don't want and not one channel with what you do want...????

Like Kurtz said. You can put any 2 guns together but you cannot have more then 2 things. Like a M-24 with M4, but you cant have nades or anything else. Just go in Igor on its tools it has a kit builder. You can add any 2 guns and then save it in the kits folder. After that youll need to edit the kit restrictions file and add your m24_m4.kit file so you can use it in MP.

1.)  would it be a problem to move files from these mods on selected weapons to the GR folders?

If you make any mistakes while doing it, yes. If you want to integrate the selected weapons completely so that you don't need the mod activated then you would need to move the kit, gun, model, sound, reticle and texture files (you'll need Skinner just to figure out which texture files you need) and the appropriate lines from the strings.txt and effects.xml files.

2.)  do I absolutely need to have those mods activated for the associated weapons to be added to kits through KitMatrix?

KitMatrix? If the files are in the mod folder, you need the mod active to get at them.

3.)  would it royally screw things up to REPLACE weapons/equipment/kits from GR with others of my choosing from these mods?

As those are used by the opfor and friendlies in the missions, entirely possibly -- you really don't want any AI controlled characters with explosive only weapons in a confined space....

The best option for your purposes would be to identify the kits you want and delete all other kit and kit restriction files in the mods.

(Note to mod makers, naming your kit files as <primary>_<secondary>.kit makes life much easier for those of us who like to twiddle with mods)

(Note to mod makers, naming your kit files as <primary>_<secondary>.kit makes life much easier for those of us who like to twiddle with mods)

Amen!!!! the other thing to do is take a notepad (paper, i know...old fashioned, but it works) and use IGOR's kit editor to make note of which kits you want to keep, since you can see the weaps in them, and delete the rest

Will that work even if I am online and using DA49 and HX??

I only use 3-4 kits, so can I delete the rest of them?

Do I also need to delete the info in the (text file) or is deleting the kits enough?

OK, well I finally got around to messing with Igor, and have put together kits that I like. Now the problem is that they don't show up when I go to play GR. Am I missing something? Did I not need to modify some text files or something? I'm a nOOb and completely lost as to how to implement these kits. For the record, I've stuck to using weapons that are available from GR, DS, and IT, and not any from other third-party mods. Thanks for the help, folks!

OK, well I finally got around to messing with Igor, and have put together kits that I like.  Now the problem is that they don't show up when I go to play GR.  Am I missing something?  Did I not need to modify some text files or something?  I'm a nOOb and completely lost as to how to implement these kits.  For the record, I've stuck to using weapons that are available from GR, DS, and IT, and not any from other third-party mods.  Thanks for the help, folks!

If you tell me the kits you want, I can do everything for you and email the mod to you. I do this ALL the time so it wouldn't be a problem. Unless you have a small inbox.

Snake:

Thanks, man. Here's kinda what I been looking for. Sniper- 7.62 sniper rifle and MP5SD, SR-25SD and MP5SD. More to follow on that, but for now it's the big thing I'm looking for.

A couple of things to keep in mind are that I'd like to have the option of using that in MP, at least in a mp1/mp2 only game with no kit restrictions, which is why I'm sticking to GR weapons and not third-party mods. Also, if I must replace available kits, I'd like to start with the SVD/Dragunov kits. I never use that rifle. Bad experience from Rogue Spear days. Last thing is, I found the kit and kit restriction editor functions on Igor, and they're simple enough. If you could lend me a little advice on how to do this myself, I'd really appreciate it. Like, I'm not sure where to find the text files I have to edit nor exactly how to go about doing so.

Here's the email: j_stevens69@hotmail.com

ifTHAt doesn't work for some reason (246MB avail. inbox): james.arthur.stevens@us.army.mil

Thanks for all the helpful advice, everyone, and happy hunting!

Oh yeah, and the mag count should be no more than 4 for each weapon in the 7.62/MP5SD and 2/4 for the SR25SD/MP5SD. Thanks again!

Oh yeah, and the mag count should be no more than 4 for each weapon in the 7.62/MP5SD and 2/4 for the SR25SD/MP5SD.  Thanks again!

Don't mention it man. I'll get on it later today. PSG1 right?

Edited by Snake@War

Oh yeah, and the mag count should be no more than 4 for each weapon in the 7.62/MP5SD and 2/4 for the SR25SD/MP5SD.  Thanks again!

Check your email now. I sent it to the military one. Glad to help a dude in the armed forces.

Got the email, thanks a BUNCH! Now the problem, as you suspected, is that I don't have WinRAR. Only place I've seen it was prompting me to buy it. Bummer. But I'll get it figured out. Thanks a ton!

OK, well I finally got around to messing with Igor, and have put together kits that I like.  Now the problem is that they don't show up when I go to play GR.  Am I missing something?  Did I not need to modify some text files or something?  I'm a nOOb and completely lost as to how to implement these kits.  For the record, I've stuck to using weapons that are available from GR, DS, and IT, and not any from other third-party mods.  Thanks for the help, folks!

You shouldn't need to delete the text file data at all. As for implementing the kits, make sure they're in a mod that's currently activated, i.e. IT, DS, or the origmiss. Keep in mind that you will need to make the "strings.txt" file non-read only in order to give your weapons names....and don't stress if you don't see kit icons. It will not affect gameplay at all.