DYNACOMP will be finished

Parabellum

As you may have read on my website, I've decided to finish DYNACOMP. After giving it a lot of thought, and after having the opportunity to get away from Ghost Recon, I've come to the conclusion that I need to finish the mod. I will scale the mod way back to how I first envisioned it - a simple mod focused on missions and immersion, rather than graphic content. I don't plan on using the dynamic system that we came up with - it involves too much production. I do plan on giving the community the great missions our guys came up with, as well as giving you the best weapons and characters I've ever done, as well as weapons from some of the other guys.

I don't promise the world, I only promise that you'll get to see a bit of what we saw, and you'll get to play some of what I believe are the best missions ever done.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew that you're not a quitter (sp? -> someone that doesn't quit easily!).

If there's no dynamic campaign maybe change the name DYNACOMP too, cause when I hear the name I always think of the dynamic campaign.

After this you'll be leaving GR for real, or are you waiting for GR2 ?

GL again :)

I knew that you're not a quitter (sp? -> someone that doesn't quit easily!).

If there's no dynamic campaign maybe change the name DYNACOMP too, cause when I hear the name I always think of the dynamic campaign.

After this you'll be leaving GR for real, or are you waiting for GR2 ?

GL again  :)

I have no intentions of formally returning to the GR community - the game doesn't interest me anymore. I intend solely to honor the work of the team and finish the mod. Concerning GR2, I think I've been pretty clear on how I feel about that. RSE would just about have to send me a free copy of the game or something like that. Otherwise, I'm really not interested. I don't want a console port.

Good to hear bout mod PARA. You should wait for the demo of GR2, i mean they have 4 months to change some stuff...at least i hope so. But whatever way you choose i hope to see you around some time after GR2 pc release. :)

As you may have read on my website, I've decided to finish DYNACOMP.  After giving it a lot of thought, and after having the opportunity to get away from Ghost Recon, I've come to the conclusion that I need to finish the mod.  I will scale the mod way back to how I first envisioned it - a simple mod focused on missions and immersion, rather than graphic content.  I don't plan on using the dynamic system that we came up with - it involves too much production.  I do plan on giving the community the great missions our guys came up with, as well as giving you the best weapons and characters I've ever done, as well as weapons from some of the other guys.

I don't promise the world, I only promise that you'll get to see a bit of what we saw, and you'll get to play some of what I believe are the best missions ever done.

This is what being a great modder is all about. Knowing you have something amazing, and wanting to make sure it gets out one way or another.

Props to you, Para.

Great news. :D

I forgot, is DS and IT required to use DYNACOMP?

DS and IT will be required to use the mod. You will also need a hefty PC. Some of my weapon models are over 4k polys, and I have no intentions of making less-detailed models. I will, perhaps, include a low-poly installation for folks with weaker PCs, but the mod itself will be high-poly.

DS and IT will be required to use the mod.

This is a sad day for me then. I lost those CDs. I was keeping the installation on my computer just so I could download and play the DYNACOMP mod. I recently purchased a new hard drive and, once you said DYNACOMP was scratched, basically, I formatted my old hard drive with DS and IT installed. Looks like my GR days are numbered for good. :(

Shame too, I wondered how my 6800GT would take such a detailed mod.

Edited by Crimson

Let me rephrase my answer. You'll need to be patched up to the latest version, whether or not you have DS or IT. I don't think we used any content from either pack in any of the missions or models, it's just a matter of having the newer exe. You should be good to go if you get patched up to the latest version.

DS and IT will be required to use the mod.

This is a sad day for me then. I lost those CDs. I was keeping the installation on my computer just so I could download and play the DYNACOMP mod. I recently purchased a new hard drive and, once you said DYNACOMP was scratched, basically, I formatted my old hard drive with DS and IT installed. Looks like my GR days are numbered for good. :(

Shame too, I wondered how my 6800GT would take such a detailed mod.

Just a little update, folks, in case you haven't read about it, the dynacomp site will be down for awhile. I obviously need to get a new host, but I can't do so until the assclowns that stole my money give it back. In the mean time, I'll try to post news when I can. Without a host, I can't post screenshots though.

I do plan on giving the community the great missions our guys came up with, as well as giving you the best weapons and characters I've ever done, as well as weapons from some of the other guys.

That's more than we could have asked for Para. Thank you for deciding to finish the mod, it means a lot to many people in the community. (as you can see). thanks. :D:thumbsup:

I'll add news and/or screens as I can. I'm trying to wear several hats at once (as usual) so nothing will move fast. It may be weeks before you see anything else. I scrapped all of the old character models, so now I have to decide on what kind of gear to put on the new ones. I'll probably go with the SPEAR body armor and maybe a BHI chest rig for starters. Anyway, here are some things that are definite:

- All new 90% hand-made textures (as usual) . I only use photos when I need to.

- Completely new headgear, modeled and textured by me, including MICH, Pro-Tec, boonies, watch cap, and goggles

- New holster, the Safariland 6004.

If you've seen my VBS1 work, you've seen some of the stuff that will end up in DYNACOMP. There's a lot of stuff I'm currently not using, that I'd love to fit in somehow.

---

In another direction, I think I may act on San's advice and change the name of the mod. DYNACOMP was really just a code name anyway, it was not intended to be the mod's final name. We may also change the location and storyline of the mod, since the campaign will not include the dynamic functions that we sorted out. As cool as that would be, there's really not enough interest in the GR community for it.