Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The_Slink

.wma to .mp3

Is this possible? I have quite a lot of music in .wma format and wouldn't mind getting some onto an mp3 player. I want some more mp3s before I buy one though.

Is there any way to do this?

If I understand correctly you havne't bought an .mp3 player yet right? Reason I mention this is that most of the new ones support both .mp3 format and .wma. Mine for example alos support .ogg and with firmware upgrades can support new formats later on.

As you may know both Mp3 and WMA are destructive compress files, it means converting an audio file from Wav to Mp3 or Wma you loose some part of signals.

Both of them get ridd of those parts of sound that are not so important for human ears such as very low frequence and high frequency and both of them act differently.

Converting from MP3 to WMA you can have a double loss of signal thus I don't recomment it :o=

But suely they shave off the same parts?

I just want to see if it's worthwhile doing this and maybe getting an Mp3 player. If it plays .wma file too then fine.

Thanks guys.

Alternatively, send the file to me so I can convert it for you. I have software that will let save from any audio format to any format. For example, with the software I've got, I can convert .wav's to ogg vorbis's, mp3's to .waif's, mpeg4's to .wma's etc etc