Speechless

Stalker

Plus, expect lethality to be non-existant past 100 yards. So much velocity is lost in sub 14" barrels for a 5.56 that fragmentations suffers considerably. There's a reason the M4 isn't shorter than it is right now, basically a balancing act between compactness and terminal performance.

One thing I cannot understand. Why do the main M-8 configurations have barrels set at 12.5 inches in length? Didn't they learn from Somalia from the short little CAR-15 10 inch barrels. To have a really effective 5.56 round it requires atleast near a 16 inch barrel. :huh:

Plus, expect lethality to be non-existant past 100 yards.  So much velocity is lost in sub 14" barrels for a 5.56 that fragmentations suffers considerably.  There's a reason the M4 isn't shorter than it is right now, basically a balancing act between compactness and terminal performance.

One thing I cannot understand.  Why do the main M-8 configurations have barrels set at 12.5 inches in length?  Didn't they learn from Somalia from the short little CAR-15 10 inch barrels.  To have a really effective 5.56 round it requires atleast near a 16 inch barrel.  :huh:

The XM8 is nothing more than a G36 with a new exterior. What is the barrel length of the G36K? I think the military has since requested that the barrel length for the short version be 14.5", thus identical to the M4. If they'd let our military use hollow front core bullets, barrel length (bullet velocity) wouldn't hold near the importance it does now.

Anyone want to buy an HK53 clone? Check out Vector Arms. They have the semi-auto models for sale and even short barreled ones if your state allows and you get approved for an SBR. Price: $1350 - 1550. http://www.vectorarms.com/guns/hk_rifles.htm

Edited by RooK

• 3 weeks later...
The G36C has an even bigger muzzle blast than that.   :o=   I was amazed seeing an M4 and a G36C being fired side by side.  The gasses expelled from the G36C created a much larger blast than that of the M4.

The larger the flash and more noise the easier an enemy can find whos

shooting at him. :o=:ph34r:

Or crap his pants

:rocky: