Insurgency Mod

Spear

Operation: CO-IN for Half-Life 2 is one of the most realistic mods in development!

It is based on modern war (so you GR fans might like it :) ) of the Infantry vs. Guerrillas. There is not a specific country represented by the Infantry (the default will be the USMC), but you can customize the appearance of the weapon and player models to suit your preference. This means that someone playing as the Americans can still play with other people with Canadian, British, or German, and so on.

The mod is going to be 'realistic' in terms of...

- Features (iron site aiming, damage, etc.)

- Map environments will be based on real world locations (fight from Iraq, Chechnya, Afghanistan, Sierra Leone, and many more!)

- Map objectives (capture and hold multiple areas of the map: could be a village, city block, or single building)

- Teamwork (teams are broken down into Squads; even a Squad commander) - ideal for Clans!

- Military Advisors who all are serving members of the Military (Mod leader/founder actually in the Canadian Army)

Some Models:

C7Family.jpg

M16Family.jpg

c9m249.jpg

fnfal3.jpg

Remington870.jpg

RPG.jpg

m9_beretta.jpg

m67_frag.jpg

These weapons are not skinned as of yet. We are looking for some talented Weapons Skinners as well as Player Modelers and Skinners. I know there are lots on these Forums!

There is much more in-depth information on the website: http://opcoin.hl2files.com

If you use IRC, we are on Gamesnet in the #opcoin channel.

Ghost Recon fans might be interested in this mod! ;)

P.S. If this isn't appropriate for the Forums, I apologize. :unsure:

marinerender1.jpg

Latest render of the USMC Player Model.

Major: This mod has been around a lot longer than that Navy Seals mod and it is different in many ways. If you are implying that we have copied that concept, it would be the other way around if at all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Just a heads up to all FPS lovers out there, an awesome modification is in work for Halflife2 by some of the people that's behind the Red-Orchestra and the eye-candy looks awesome. I think you all should head over to http://www.insurgencymod.net/ and check it out. If this mod gets done, I bet many people here will test it out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lookin better and better. Some updates... http://www.insurgencymod.net/

We promised an update before the end of the month and here it is! It isn't major, but at least it's something new to see!

The T-72 is modelled and textured by Tolchok and the version in the render is for the Balkan region. There is also an Iraqi version as well as a wrecked version (as seen before). The Humvee was modelled by Spydr, Ankalar, and Dennis. It was textured by Polygon and shown here is the Desert scheme. There will also be a Woodland version for those maps not set in the desert.

Also, if you have not already seen, we have a work-in-progress screenshot of our United States Marine (Desert MARPAT) in our Dev. Showcase Forum. You must be a registered Forum Member in order to view the contents of this forum.

We seem to receive many e-mails regarding two things that are always the same. That is when our release date is and if someone can beta test. We are currently shooting for a Q2 2005 public release of the first version of the mod. It won't contain everything advertised, but will be the majority in order to maintain solid gameplay and visual quality. Secondly, we are not looking for anyone to beta test the mod at this point. There will be announcements closer to the time of when we will be accepting applicants and selecting testers. Just be patient!

Come the new year, you will see much more from us. Our internal build (alpha) is coming along really well and Pongles has even programmed a nice external Map Configuration program in order to easily generate configuration files for our maps. Just be patient for the next update... we are working very hard every day on new content and saving stuff for a bigger update!

humvee.jpg

t72.jpg

Edited by Zeko

• 2 weeks later...

:blink:

This mod sounds absolutely incredible. Maybe I won't delete HL2 off of my hardrive afterall.

Good work Spear (you are not the same person as our Argyll correct?).

That engine had some of the best AI reactions that I have ever seen. Should offer some epic battles and missions...

Edited by en4rcment

• 1 month later...

nice interview. Very diplomatic responses. Didn't step on the toes of any other game or mod. You'd make a good politician. :P

seriously though, good interview. I was glad to see that you kept plugging strategy and tactics. Well put about "realism" vs. gameplay too. you can never keep everyone happy on that one.

• 5 months later...