having played it...

zeroalpha

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I have had a chance to play the X-BOX version of GR2 and talked to some of the Dev team I will answer any questions that I am able to. Some aspects can not be discussed until 16th sep.

fire away  :thumbsup:

Why didn't you tell me you were going? :unsure:

Some friend you are! :P

What feature did you like least about GR2?

You might not be able to answer some of these ?s since it was only a demo, but...

1-Where was it on the realism/gameplay scale?

GR-----------RvS---------CS

2-Were there team commands in the demo? If so were they like the GR style of team commands(command map dealie) or more like RvS(hold down spacebar, etc), or maybe something totally different?

One last ?

3-what was the max. size of each team? 3 like GR, 4 like RvS, something else?

Thanks

:D

Edited by ScarfaceSAS

Why didn't you tell me you were going?  :unsure:

Some friend you are!  :P

What feature did you like least about GR2?

only got conformation the night before!!!!

from what i saw there was very little to dislike, we will still have to wait for the PC version to see GR2 in its full glory

You might not be able to answer some of these ?s since it was only a demo, but...

2-Were there team commands in the demo? If so were they like the GR style of team commands(command map dealie) or more like RvS(hold down spacebar, etc), or maybe something totally different?

One last ?

3-what was the max. size of each team? 3 like GR, 4 like RvS, something else?

Thanks

It very much had the GR feel to it

team commands similar to RVS - you look at an area and can select appropriate commands, hold, flank, recce etc

X-Box single player = 4 man team

2-Were there team commands in the demo?  If so were they like the GR style of team commands(command map dealie) or more like RvS(hold down spacebar, etc), or maybe something totally different?

One last ?

3-what was the max. size of each team?  3 like GR, 4 like RvS, something else?

Thanks

It very much had the GR feel to it

team commands similar to RVS - you look at an area and can select appropriate commands, hold, flank, recce etc

X-Box single player = 4 man team

Sweet, just what I was hoping for.

Appreciate it ole wise one. :lol:

What's up with 16th September?

Legal issues relating to content that can be released....if he tells us about things that are not allowed to be realesed until then he can be sued...not to mention this site/Rocky.

It has been stated you can recover weapons from fallen enemies, but can you do likewise from fallen Team members?

Could you comment on the hit detection to include enemies that seem to withstand a headshot?

Are the kits unrealistically limited as in GR1? In this regard I mean in GR1 if you chose a pistol, then there were no grenades. Pick extra ammo, then no pistol etc.

1) Did the dev-team reveal anything about an SDK?

2) How did the foliage/grass/trees look? cardboard-cutouts again? Swaying?

3) Did you get a sore thumb of holding down the automatic-fire button? Or was it the index-finger? :shifty:

It has been stated yoo can recover weapons from fallen enemies, but can you do likewise from fallen Team members?

Could you comment on the hit detection to include enemies that seem to withstand a headshot?

Are the kits unrealistically limited as in GR1? In this regard I mean in GR1 if you chose a pistol, then there were no grenades. Pick extra ammo, then no pistol etc.

it looks like enemy weapon pick up only but will try for conformation :thumbsup:

hit detection should be better lower limb, upper limb, body + head. Head should = dead!

4 kit slots to fill :thumbsup:

1) Did the dev-team reveal anything about an SDK?

2) How did the foliage/grass/trees look? cardboard-cutouts again? Swaying?

3) Did you get a sore thumb of holding down the automatic-fire button? Or was it the index-finger?  :shifty:

sdk - cant comment :(

foliage blew me away!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

index :thumbsup: