New mouse

Havok

i am gonna buy an optical mouse and would like to know what your suggestions are.. i currently have a cordless two-button scroll from logitech (with the interchangeable colored faceplates) but i find it gets grimy after a while, by this i mean i have to keep cleaning it constantly cause it totally picks up sweat from my hand..i don't know why i never had this prob with any other mouse but it is frustrating it gets like sticky - get yer mind outta the gutter- .. anyone have an optical logitech mouse 'cause i am very partial to logitech...just personal preference.. but maybe it is the materials this is made from i dunno...

Edited by =UAL=Havok

Why not go for the one I've got m8? It's the Logitech cordless optical mouse. Very good performance, and I've found no problems with it whilst playing GR at all.

The only thing you have to change every month or so is the batteries, but it doesn't drain the power on these as quickly as I thought it would so I've been very pleased with it.

I am afraid that there is only one !

Razor Boomslang

Getting one is another matter, I suggest you search e-bay and ensure you have items available to uk selected. (Thats if you are uk). There is currently 2 at least available. They work out at arround £42, Thats a steal as you can't get em in the shops and all supplies are going fast in the factory. Normally they are priced at $99 But its cheaper in the long run to buy off e-bay. Hey and you get a 12m warranty to boot. Read the reviews and decide for yourself. I ensure you will not be dissapointed

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mint M8, thats all i can say........... ;):o=

Check em out

http://www.ocwarehouse.com/reviews/boomslang.htm

Sorry its not optical but its worth a second look !

As an engineer, there are destinct advantages of owning a non optical mouse.

1) They last longer, if looked after.

2) Servicable

3) More precise in this sense. If combined with a high end mouse pad.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Onl...urfaces_32.html

Everglide Giganta is the one in mind. Its non-optical the boomslang

Edited by Tr4nC3R

I have the Logitech MX 500 (paid $20 dollars after mail in rebate) and I have to say it was worth it. Not only does it look cool but the shape is contoured for people who are right handed (theres a small indent for your thumb to rest in).

MX500

Now my only gripe with this mouse are the drivers. Its best to just plug it in and let MS handle the drivers.

For a cordless option I recommend you go with the

MX700. Its looks and performance are identical to the MX500 only difference is, you guessed it NO CORD. :P

Also has higher cost.

In conclusion I can say that if you decide to go with optical, Logitech is where you should first look hope this helps :D

Edited by Meth

I have a Logitech 5 Button Optical Scroll mouse (or whatever you wanna call it).

I was pleased to begin with, but it tore up my desk and the mouse goes all herky jerky like. It gets annoying. The only thing I really do like is that it doesn't need any cleaning on the bottom, like a normal mouse does.

I love the wheel, but I need to reinstall the drivers to get the side buttons to work.

I'd go with a cordless rechargable one. They have a pretty one at Bestbuy.com. It's cool.

Just thought I would post this idea for optical mice use. If you are going to buy and use an optical mouse try getting some carbon fibre look film and stick it to a peice of glass. Then get another peice of glass the same dimmensions and lay this over the carbon film. You can then get some picture frame clips. You know the ones you get for glass picture frames and clip the two peices pf glass together firmly. This provides a superb surface for you mouse to ride on. And at the same time letting the optics pick up momement on the carbon textured shapes in the film. Hope all this makes sense. Its well worth the effort. And gives a nice clean suface. Carefull if you have a microsoft 5 button mouse or similar as the four oval ride pads on the under side of the mouse tend to stick on the shinny glass surface. For that last touch, get some car wax or something similar,(surf board wax is ideal) and coat and buff the glass contact surface!. All this may sound a little OTT. But hey the mouse is the fundamental link between you and your computer, You will be suprised at how much all this palava makes.

Thanks for reading....... :wacko:

Ps: Depending on the carbon look film, make sure you check the orientation of the textured shapes, Some brands will cause havock and the mouse will respond with some freaky results. Remember those original high end optical mouse pads. They were dirrectional. Different principle then, but same effect here.If this happens turn the film arround the other way.

Have Fun........ ;)

Edited by Tr4nC3R